Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Video: Debraj wielding Palio Thors :-) club match
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video: Debraj wielding Palio Thors :-) club match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 3:44pm
I just want to say thanx for the video. It would be VERY hard to become a decent chopper in that club!! No room.
Sponsored Links

Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 5:23pm
Good, viewed it. Well done.
Those barriers look interesting.
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I just want to say thanx for the video. It would be VERY hard to become a decent chopper in that club!! No room.

you are right... this however is not my MAIN club, and yes you can't be a chopper, lobber or even away from table looper.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Tinykin_2 Tinykin_2 wrote:

Good, viewed it. Well done.
Those barriers look interesting.

thx... 

oh not just interesting they are very effective... better than the butterfly or joola barriers, easier to roll and store, faster to set-up ... they are just awesome. :)
vid1
Vid 2
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

should be okay now.... !! ... yeah i will make it private after you guys see it. 

Thanks debraj, got it. Great to see you in action mate, thanks for posting that!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 2:11am
thanks haggisv... i wish i could hide my tummy and replace it with a avatar... :) ..

will post some better games soon. 
vid1
Vid 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 6:15am

How do you know you are not already an avatar of some mighty TT deity? Smile

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2010 at 4:46pm
Not sure why I missed the follow up replies to my post here, but thanks Debraj and Anton.

Is there any reason you want this video to be private?  If you have a look at my table tennis homepage you will see that I believe Palio is important enough to have it featured. :) If it is a problem then you ought to turn off the feature that says allow to be embedded.

I have also included Metal viper who I suggest the same thing to.

I mean I have seen other websites embed lots of my videos and all the comments with them directly into a webpage which doesnt bother me really as long as you can see where it came from.

Nicefrog has infected "tenergy club".  Although to be honest half the people come to my site looking for info about tenergy and the other half for substiutes anyway. 

So I should really change the name to tenergy x club? 

All the same I appreciated the chance to finally see Debraj play.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 12/13/2010 at 5:08pm
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2010 at 7:11pm
boz... sorry but there are some reasons to make it private.

besides my tummy and unimpressive game, i received a request from my opponent not to make the video public... so i made it private again. 
vid1
Vid 2
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 7:04am
Hey Debraj....Sorry for opening this thread once again! I am returning to the game once again, after a long long break. Would you happen to remember what the final verdict on Palio Thor's was? I am looking to replace my dead rubbers on Galaxy T2 with something new. What would you recommend? Also, given that I have played with Grip-S before, would you be able to compare Thor's with Grip-S?

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 10:23am

if u just restarting to play TT again and would like to test some not too costly rubbers, try Haifu Shark.. it is a resemble of Grip S at half the price..
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 3:04pm
Hi Regiz....I haven't just restarted playing. I have continued playing in patches all throughout. I have just restarted EJing and thus was interested in Thors once again. I have played with both Shark and Grip-S and in my opinion, they are nowhere close to each other. But then, that's just my take!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 3:11am
anubhav .... i don't like palio thors anymore. i have even come out of saying "it is a great rubber but doesn't suit my game."

this is an old video... my rating in the club was around 1700 then ... now its above 1900.... and i have realized lot of things in my journey as an equipment junkie.

one realization was that the game doesn't vary too much solely because a rubber is tacky or non tacky. but yes on the overall throw angle.

for quite some time i'm solidly behind rasant turbo.... and i looping, blocking, hitting it is better than palio thors.. while thors may bring a little advantage in serving.

vid1
Vid 2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 3:14am
hey debraj....nice to hear that....would it be possible for you to compare Thors with Grip-S? 
now that you have mentioned it, I would also like to understand how your Rasant Turbo is playing...can you compare that to any other commonly known rubber?

Thanks in advance!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 5:41am
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Hi Regiz....I haven't just restarted playing. I have continued playing in patches all throughout. I have just restarted EJing and thus was interested in Thors once again. I have played with both Shark and Grip-S and in my opinion, they are nowhere close to each other. But then, that's just my take!

Oops.. I should say Whale closely resemble Grip S.. Shark is more of a bh rubber, I just so happen to try it from a club member the other day. BTW, Rasant Turbo would be a good candidate for EJing, it might not resemble Grip S and a different beast but definitely worth the taste that is not to be missed.

Ive been EJing as well and I know sooner or later I would be truing these different flavors anyways.. they just contnue to spice up our love of the game. :D
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 4:28pm
i never played grip s.... so can't compare. Palio thors major problem is mid range counter-looping is very difficult due to weird behavior. And also these days i like sightly softer sponge among the hard sponges.

Rasant Turbo's hardness is heavenly if feel its not too hard, and not too medium.which is what is like.

I can compare it with many rubbers... but just because most people understand it... i will compare say it feels to me like a:
- "heavily" tuned 37 degree H2
- or a marginally harder and grippier Tenergy 64

This rubber gives me the confidence of landing a FH stroke sooo much... that my brain can completely focus on the quality of speed and spin and placement, instead worrying about landing the shot. does that make sense? :)

but at the same time the short game is very good.. and slow and fast opening loops are very spinny.

vid1
Vid 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 4:36am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

anubhav .... i don't like palio thors anymore. i have even come out of saying "it is a great rubber but doesn't suit my game."

have you tried Palio Blitz?

Its awesome.. surpassed all my amazement of all my past rubbers, including all my Rasants, all my Tenergies, and Rhyzms.. IVe never been so confident in counter looping far from table, amd Blitz just punches the ball with such a nice long trajectory and at nlazing speed that members in the club cant help but be amazed and wonder how the hell I'm doing it that my swings look so easy.. The feeling is just so unbelievable as the rubber punches the ball as I swing on it, with a distinct sound pitch.. even sounds and feels better than my speed glue era.

I cant think of any highly price rubber that would do the same.. and it only anout half the price. Best of all, its so Perfect on my fave JRE. it is now my best evet FH rubber... so far.
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 1:30pm
yes... i played with blitz on my bh for about 3-4 month, around 4 years back when it first came out.

tensors have moved through 2 or 3 generations after that. And naturally modern tensors with similar sponge hardness have 2 advantages over blitz..

- they are even more tamed in the short game.
- and they retain their peak performance longer

vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic