FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Vote for Lily!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vote for Lily!
    Posted: 11/19/2019 at 8:47am
Hi,

The Matt H. article on the USATT website indicates Lily Zhang has been nominated for two ITTF Star awards.  He indicates the availability of voting on the ITTF website, however this feature I did not find self-evident.

Thanks,
Advances in a field are best achieved by constructs that fully reflect the phenomena of interest and are rooted in a theory that specifies their determinants, mediating processes, and its effects.
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 8:51am
No Smile

**use a valid email or it will NOT count...
the link since it isn't actually there...(scroll down to "STAR POINT")

Edited by Charlie Brown - 11/19/2019 at 10:01am
*sigh*
idk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:12am
She's nominated for point of the year as shown above, and breakthrough star, along with Lin Yunju and Wang Chuqin.

While both the point and her progress are admirable, I think the other nominees are far more deserving.
W7 baby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:30am
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

She's nominated for point of the year as shown above, and breakthrough star, along with Lin Yunju and Wang Chuqin.

While both the point and her progress are admirable, I think the other nominees are far more deserving.

The point of the thread is called "Support your athlete" Wink
*sigh*
idk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

The thread is about the ITTF end of the year awards and I posted my opinion about it. Thanks.
W7 baby
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:36am

All are very deserving.  Lin Yunju and Wang Chuqin both are much higher in capability in the Men's division than Lily is in the Women's.  

Thus stated, given all the factors of influence here, including comparative opportunities, I think selecting Lily is a valid choice with strong arguments to support her selection, including the highest value to the sport overall.

Thanks
Advances in a field are best achieved by constructs that fully reflect the phenomena of interest and are rooted in a theory that specifies their determinants, mediating processes, and its effects.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:38am

No Smile

**use a valid email or it will NOT count...
the link since it isn't actually there...(scroll down to "STAR POINT")

Thank you!

On the link there is no vote for ITTF Breakthrough Star.  This suggests that it will be determined by committee.  Lily will win.

Edited by DonnOlsen - 11/19/2019 at 10:43am
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:38am
I will vote for Mima Ito. After she lost multiple chinese players in the middle of this year, she stopped ITTF tour and trained for two months. After she came back, she got unbelievable results. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 11:02am
so many trolls not enough timeLOL
*sigh*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 11:03am

The thread is about the ITTF end of the year awards and I posted my opinion about it. Thanks.

what is the "subject" of the thread?

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument

Edited by Charlie Brown - 11/19/2019 at 11:07am
*sigh*
idk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 11:05am
The subject matter, regardless of the post title, is the ITTF star awards and my post was about that. DonnOlsen didn't seem to have any issue with me offering my opinion so stop gatekeeping. You're the troll here.
W7 baby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 11:08am
Topic: Vote for Lily!
my apologizes DonnOlsen...some Trolls need to understand...my last post here...the trolls can have the last word as it is their way Wink

if i hadn't posted the link, they would not have a say Clap if they actually voted at allLOL

Edited by Charlie Brown - 11/19/2019 at 11:13am
*sigh*
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 11:12am
I'm definitely voting for Mima Ito for Female Star.  Who else is going to take down SYS, WMY, CM, and ZYL and has such serve mastery?  She had the self belief to forget about ranking and skip Paraguay so she could right the ship.  And boy did she ever!  My favorite player .... just amazing!

I'm torn between Lin Yun-Ju and Lily Zhang for breakthrough star.  LYJ has been amazing and doing it all year before he got injured so he probably deserves it more.  Lily's play at the WWC was phenomenal.  I'll give Male Star to LYJ so I can vote for Lily.  Hey I'm entitled to be partial, right Wink ?

I want to vote for Lily for Point of the year to underline how great she did at WWC, but that Xu Xin shot with FZD Matrix move in doubles was ridiculous.  They get point of the year.
idk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I'm definitely voting for Mima Ito for Female Star.  Who else is going to take down SYS, WMY, CM, and ZYL and has such serve mastery?  She had the self belief to forget about ranking and skip Paraguay so she could right the ship.  And boy did she ever!  My favorite player .... just amazing!

I'm torn between Lin Yun-Ju and Lily Zhang for breakthrough star.  LYJ has been amazing and doing it all year before he got injured so he probably deserves it more.  Lily's play at the WWC was phenomenal.  I'll give Male Star to LYJ so I can vote for Lily.  Hey I'm entitled to be partial, right Wink ?

I want to vote for Lily for Point of the year to underline how great she did at WWC, but that Xu Xin shot with FZD Matrix move in doubles was ridiculous.  They get point of the year.

Breakthrough goes to LYJ or WCQ imo because of how consistently and clearly they've elevated their play since 2018. Lily had an amazing WWC, full credit due there, but the results at Pan Ams were not too far from expected, and as far as consistency over the course of the year goes, LYJ and WCQ get the edge. Also, objectively the improvement needed to make such jumps on the men's side are much greater than on the women's side.

Point of the year I feel that the Zhang/Hirano point was clearly the worst of the nominees and I have no bias. Hirano was smashing like an amateur and any good player would have been able to get back in that point.

Edited by idk - 11/19/2019 at 11:27am
W7 baby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic