Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

want advice on bryce fx unglued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
preemorack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preemorack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want advice on bryce fx unglued
    Posted: 12/01/2006 at 2:06am

I use bryce fx unglued (bh+fh) on Primorac OFF- blade - I would rather not switch to speed glue - I don't like the idea of the (shrinking) Powersponge. What would offer more spin without being more difficult to control.

Sponsored Links

sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2006 at 1:13pm
Sriver G2
ttalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2006 at 3:36pm

dont go to g2, as its quite clear you like the speed.

I would strongly suggest you try joola tango (original) its not as hard but you will benefit from the tensor sponge.

i am sure you will get exactly what you are after.:)

Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2006 at 11:51pm
Go Sriver-EL....Mendo Energy....Yasaka Mark 5
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
ttalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2006 at 7:04am
No control with mark 5 in my opinion,and im sure that eithersriver EL, tanog or mendo wouldbenefit you.
Tibaher chila light blade
Joola tango 2.0 on backhand
BTY Bryce 2,1 forehand
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2006 at 1:26pm
If he "clearly" likes the speed than why would you tell him to get rubber that is slower i.e.; Mark V, Sriver EL, Mendo Energy?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
ttalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2006 at 7:15am
i didnt if you read....i didnt reccomend mark 5, i just said that if he wanted to go with either any of the ones listed above by the other poster el would be bette
Tibaher chila light blade
Joola tango 2.0 on backhand
BTY Bryce 2,1 forehand
preemorack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preemorack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2006 at 11:32am

thanks for all those suggestions - I'm tempted by a faster blade (Maze or Timo Boll Spirit) in combination with Sriver G2 Max. Does anyone have any idea of the speed tradeoff between (1) blades of different speeds and (2) rubbers of different speeds. In my case its a specific question of whether the Bryce FX 2.1 vs Sriver G2 max is a bigger difference than Primorac vs Timo Boll Spirit?

monkey401 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2006 at 2:21pm

Wow, jumping from primorac to an off+ blade?  i play with the korbel blade and tried both maze and boll spirit.  Both blades very fastsoft, but don't offer much feel and control compared to the Korbel.  I suggest you'd try the korbel, maze or boll spirit for a bit (not just one session) before you buy it.  That's the best way to go.

Daniel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic