FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What is your serve?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2005 at 6:34pm

Originally posted by alink91 alink91 wrote:

Originally posted by hristo hristo wrote:

IF you are such a good player you must go at the olympics or WTTC!

I have a lot of serves, not nessarilly serves that fit me well, I come up with a new serve almost every other week so club players don't get use to my serves, I have a whole set of serves dedicated to playing against penholders

One thing I noticed about using a lot of serves.  You get a lot of weird returns back.  I've got enough serves to serve a match and not serve the same motion to the same place with the same spin twice.  But there's a tradeoff.  Serves that generate reciever misses often make for difficult 3rd balls when they do get on the table.  Esp sidespin serves.  And if they use lp or anti, forget it. 

Sponsored Links

ariel winter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariel winter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2005 at 7:16pm
alink91 has more serves than the chinese team put together. hilarious.
cold and freezing
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2005 at 7:52pm
stop being such a faggot to people you dickhead
clipper
magna
hammond
ariel winter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariel winter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 1:44am
sorry for hurting your feelings yuslke, but you're the one calling me names. i am only intrigued and amazed by the diversity of alink's serves.
cold and freezing
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 4:11am

your sarcastic comments are needed thanks.

clipper
magna
hammond
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 4:34am
alink probally does have that many serves...i dont doubt that for a second.

I like to watch videos of matches and try to imatate their serves as well.

Schlager
Reverse(left to right) top, Reverse bottom
Normal Side-top, normal side bottom
Just bottom. High Toss Corkscrew bottom.

I can manage nice short low serves, but the long fast ones...i cant seem to get fast enough.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
Spontaneous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spontaneous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 6:58am
if its not a tournament game and im up again amatuers, ILLEGAL serves are the way to go.
hide the contact, and make ur topspins look like backspins. They just push it and the ball goes flying up giving u a free whack, they always fall for it!
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 10:11am
spontaneous... i dont think i have any words that describe the disrespect i have for you.

when your playing people of less ability you should usually back off a bit on the serves and play your weakness against their strenghts.

also, its not cool to cheat with hidden serves.

infact, i think i would like to light your face on fire and then put it out with a screw driver.. just becosue you like to take advantage of amatuer players.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 11:49am
Now that Hinshaw has injured me so bad, I cant even serve half of them because the ball will end up getting stuck to the bad aid. Plus, my serves have to be higher thrown now because with my injury, I can't throw with good accuracy anymore. If my toss is higher, it will have less spin and i do this becuase now my accuracy is terrible and I can adjust more on my toss so I dont get messed up. I wont stop bleeding
rocket_luc15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket_luc15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 6:22pm
How do you do the pendlelom serve??? What grip do you use???

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 6:38pm

Originally posted by rocket_luc15 rocket_luc15 wrote:

You usually use the waldner grip, which is where you choke way up on the blade and grab it between your thumb and forefingers.  It allows you to move your wrist more freely, somewhat like a penholder but not quite that well.  It's the only way to do any kind of outside in at all.

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2005 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by rocket_luc15 rocket_luc15 wrote:

I have about 10 different ways of doing a forehand penduaum serve, I use penhold with reverse. If you were asking me, here is your answer
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2005 at 3:34pm
I have one last thing to say. Many of you may not belive me but I have 22 serves that i use in tournaments and 72 serves I dont use. If you dont belive me I can show Hinshaw a different day or I can show patmandidly at 41st joe.
kresimir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kresimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2005 at 4:20am

Ok alink, you may have 22+72 different names for your serves but in reality some of them are close to be identical in spin, speed and placement. There is simply not so many variations. And do not count those serves that you can do identically with both FH and BH. For the receiver IT IS THE SAME SERVE.

And finnaly, one does not need to master all of those different serves because what is the sense of serving one that is easily killed by your opponent? It is good to have a lot of different serves in your repertoar in order to exploit weaknesses of the oponents and save those serves for important moments during the match.

The best serves are those done with very similar movement but they are very different in spin, speed and placement.

Stiga CARBO 7.6
FH Bryce FX max red
BH Sriver L max black
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2005 at 9:17am

short(deep in to the net) dead ball to the forehand side.

short(deep in to the net) topspin(yea really) ball to he forehand side.

long or short top+side or back spin serve to both backhand and forehand. thats my main serve and its tricky because opponent cant understand what kind of spin he will recieve.(back or top spin? and dont forget both are side spin)

high toss dead ball deep in to the net.

Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2005 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by kresimir kresimir wrote:

Ok alink, you may have 22+72 different names for your serves but in reality some of them are close to be identical in spin, speed and placement. There is simply not so many variations. And do not count those serves that you can do identically with both FH and BH. For the receiver IT IS THE SAME SERVE.

And finnaly, one does not need to master all of those different serves because what is the sense of serving one that is easily killed by your opponent? It is good to have a lot of different serves in your repertoar in order to exploit weaknesses of the oponents and save those serves for important moments during the match.

The best serves are those done with very similar movement but they are very different in spin, speed and placement.

It's true. Odds are your serves look slightly different but are the same thing.
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2005 at 10:27pm
just recently ive been having good success with using only 3 different serves.

backspin serve
nothing serve, with the same motion as the backspin one
and a high toss nothing serve.

i dont win that many points from the serve its self, but its sets up the 3rd ball nice.

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2005 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

Originally posted by kresimir kresimir wrote:

It's true. Odds are your serves look slightly different but are the same thing.

Yeah, but if you have only two serves, but can go to 10 different motions, won't that help confuse the opponent as to what serve is coming?  If someone gives me the same motion every time I can usually figure it out a lot quicker than if they can give me the same two serves in a variety of ways.

Sure, a tomohawk serve may be made to serve the same spin as a pendulum, but to me it's still a different serve.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
dondish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dondish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2005 at 5:37am
i agree with cole_ely, it's much more confusing, and hard 2 guess the spin of the serve in different motions. though 22 serves sounds like some r very similar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spontaneous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2005 at 2:55am
Originally posted by *JC* *JC* wrote:

spontaneous... i dont think i have any words that describe the disrespect i have for you.

when your playing people of less ability you should usually back off a bit on the serves and play your weakness against their strenghts.

also, its not cool to cheat with hidden serves.

infact, i think i would like to light your face on fire and then put it out with a screw driver.. just becosue you like to take advantage of amatuer players.

they'll learn soon enough its illegal. I mean someone's gotta show them the difference between illegal and legal serves.
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2005 at 3:03am
my usual serve is just a side top.... i mix my serve motions, ive just started doing that reverse serve properly with reverse sidespin too....ive served so many different ways i cant remember everyone
clipper
magna
hammond
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2005 at 4:32am
lol. yeah ive got serves i just forget about.

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spontaneous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2005 at 8:31am
under the leg serve. i do that sometimes if im on the matchpoint.
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2005 at 11:29am
Under the leg is considered illegal now. Rule just changed at 2005 worlds.
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2005 at 11:32am

Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

Under the leg is considered illegal now. Rule just changed at 2005 worlds.

was it ever legal? lol

yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2005 at 6:47pm
it was deemed illegal when the hidden serves were all banned...
clipper
magna
hammond
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2005 at 4:20am

The Schlager serve when he tosses the ball quite high and swing the arm one time around with the clock and the does a reversed side-under/side over short in the fh or long in the bh with much spin...

You have to swing the arm fast though, or it won't be any effect...

Nasilemak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasilemak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 11:03am

Ive copied the pros.....

Got ryu seung mins 1 where he hits the ball at shoulder level where he strikes the ball

Wang Li qins body rotation thingy

Wang haos reverse

Ma Lins High toss

^^

Blade - Yasaka Gatien
Rubbers- Hurricane III Provincial Sheet (forehand)
Stiga Magna ( bh)

Glue - stiga energy on magna,
special glue on hurricane
Argo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2006 at 3:49am
Uh, I have one serve. Reverse pendulum for penholder. Changes between sidespin/forward, sidespin, sidespin/downward. Experimenting with no spin dropshot
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2006 at 5:51am
I am using a short side spin or a short backhand spin.
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic