Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What kind of blade should I get? And rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Serranz09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serranz09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind of blade should I get? And rubber?
    Posted: 06/30/2008 at 12:54am
I havent been playing for a long time. Im not a beginner at all, but Im not quite an advanced player yet. Most of my game is slicing shots back to my opponet. Either sidespin for backspin, but I do go for the occasional loop or attack shot. Right now im playing with a carbon blade which is fast, but not to fast. I think its more offensive than anything but I dont quite no for sure.
As for rubber I like a ton of spin, thats a big part of my game.
Money wise, I dont plan to spend too much since I am not too much more than a novice to the game.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Donic Blue Enforce
Red Diamond 2.1
Cream Transcend 2.0
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 1:16am
Well you say your blade isn't too fast.   Do you feel like you need to change it, or are you going to keep it and just try to tweak it with new rubbers?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Serranz09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serranz09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 1:29am
I want a new blade as well. Because I got the one I have now as just a pick from the hat because I didnt know any better, and it was a premade as well. Now I want a setup that will suit the way I play.
Donic Blue Enforce
Red Diamond 2.1
Cream Transcend 2.0
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 2:22am
Well, i'm not sure what you mean by "not too much money."  For $20 I could put something custom together that would be control oriented and extremely spinny, made for a push and chop game with occasional smashes.  Something like the "dawei #2" blade (all ayous and slightly slower than even instinct 5ply, and with a cool, somewhat defensive head shape) with 2.0 forehand rubber and 1.8 or 1.5 bh.  I could use a tacky topsheet from galaxy called mercury which would work well, for forehand or backhand.  I would use dawei lightning (formerly cannon) sponge.  On forehand I could also go with 2.0 2008xp if you preferred.

I do have faster blades (genote R2 or r5) in that price as well.  Also a couple of galaxy 961 blades.  For $20 this would be better than any $30 premade you'll find, even in chinese equipment websites.  At least I think so and I believe most would agree.  Esp since it would be customized for you.  I can put a cheap topsheet over a cannon sponge in your choice of thickness.  Makes for some customizability (if that's a word).

At the top of the line would be LQ1 or LQ2 with your pick of customized rubbers for $70.  Probably would go with something like Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 1.8 on the forehand, or maybe galaxy venus 2.0, and palio CjC over 1.2 - 1.5 saviga sponge on backhand.  Those blades are made for combination choppers and have a large head shape accordingly. 

Then of course there's the toxic blades or gambler oversized kevlar that are huge chopping blades with mammoth control.  Even the gambler arylate carbon blade works very well and has an excellent shape for what you're doing.  You can also get those at zeropong.  You might look there as well.

There are many options in between as well. I have a couple of genote EN blades that are off- to all+ that I decided not to continue to stock.  They would work pretty well.  I could put something together with one of those for 25-30 dollars depending on rubber choice.  Instinct blade is always popular and fits your description, as does dawei matrix.

This was a lot of writing.  I should keep this aroud for future use.  I guess I was bored tonight.

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 2:58am
you da man cole!
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 2:59am
Yeah, and never self promoting either huh?

Serranz09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serranz09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 2:24pm
Ok Cole, I have done my research and I think that I will try the Instinct 5 ply as my blade. And since I will most likely be doing the combo package from your website, Im sure you can pick a better rubber combination for what Im trying to do than I could. So...any ideas with that blade in mind? I want a rubber with more spin than speed, but at the same time not a drastic difference between the two, since I do throw in the occasional attack shot and smash
Donic Blue Enforce
Red Diamond 2.1
Cream Transcend 2.0
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 6:56pm
We took this to email since it's becoming a private conversation...at least my part of it is.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic