tabletennis11.com

What rubber cleaner do you like best?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What rubber cleaner do you like best?
    Posted: 12/10/2023 at 3:10am
I've always been a big fan of the foam cleaners, like the Butterfly rushawa cleaner which I've used for the last 20 years. Unfortunately this cleaner, and others like it, seem to have been discontinued, not sure why, perhaps because they're in pressured bottles which makes them riskier (and thus expensive) to ship.
I know a lot of people use water, which I use myself as well for regular cleaning, but I feel that after a certain time a cleaner will do a better job to restore the grip.

So what cleaners have you tried and which ones do you like best?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2023 at 12:20pm
Palm sweat and sometimes a little huff and puff on the rubber during games.

After games I use Yasaka cleaner. Once in a while after using Yasaka cleaner, I use Revolution 3 cleaner and rejuvenator.

I try not to overthink cleaning. I more so make sure my rubbers don't rub on my bat case so I use those rubber plastic covers. A lot of people just put their paddle in their cases after cleaning without any extra protection.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2023 at 6:52pm
I've tried both Yasaka's foam cleaner and the Paddle Palace liquid cleaner and they both seem to work pretty well.  I've tried distilled water, but it's very squeaky and doesn't wipe from the rubber well.  
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2023 at 7:32pm
I use Windex or any ammonia based glass cleaner. Use a spray bottle (50ml) and use only one puff then quickly clean off the chemical by a dry towel. This substance works great in German or Japansese non-sticky rubbers

For tacky sticky rubbers, use 1/3 red wine (cheap one) with 2/3 water. Can also use tea or any solution with tannin. I normally add 1% KaOH for cleaning purpose to get rid of oily sweat

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 5:15am
Originally posted by NBSR NBSR wrote:

I use Revolution 3 cleaner and rejuvenator.
I've not tried that one. Any idea how it compared to Falco Life Expander? Ive used the Falco one, and the description of both sounds very similar.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 12:37pm
A drop of free and clear liquid handsoap on a damp cut off piece of dollar store car wash sponge. Rinse, squeeze dry, wipe and repeat until squeeky clean. Cheap and effective.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 1:09pm
I think our friend jt99sf Handshake was the 1st here to mention printer roller rejuvenators, it is the closest I ever found to the crazy Spinmax product that was discontinued for containing relatively harmful products.

Printer roller rejuvenator is a bit too much for most people who do not use tacky rubbers though but on an older rubber ready for the recycle bin, it's a great solution. 

Clean with water first, use the rejuvenator, let it do its thing for a few minutes, clean with water again to avoid skin contact afterwards.

People use those products in office setups so it is probably not that harmful but I would still use in a ventilated area and above all avoid skin contact.

Edited by stiltt - 12/11/2023 at 1:17pm
hleett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 3:58pm
A few drops of filtered water or PolandSpring water. Then dry it with a lintless microfiber hand towel.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 5:07pm
How about the rubber protective film? I feel it is hard to properly use one to protect tacky rubbers. Most protective film are easy to deform and one can not adhere it nicely on the rubber surface afterwards.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

How about the rubber protective film? I feel it is hard to properly use one to protect tacky rubbers. Most protective film are easy to deform and one can not adhere it nicely on the rubber surface afterwards.
As long as the rubber is not super tacky, you can use an adhesive one. They tend to be more rigid and stick much better. When they collect dirt/dust over time, you can wash them with warn soapy water, which cleans off the dust but retains the adhesion. I like the Donic Foils, but I'm sure there's plenty of other good ones too.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 8:33pm
Hot water and an old toothbrush works as well or better than any cleaner I have used.

Paddle Palace cleaner works fine. (Also works well for cleaning and restoring some tackiness to golf club grips)

Falco Life Expander is pretty good for giving rubber a little more life.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 10:41pm
Rinse with warm water and liquid soap. Put into a large ziploc bag after drying.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic