Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to buy Korbel SK7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy Korbel SK7
    Posted: 11/20/2008 at 2:35pm
I see that only Europe dealers carry this blade. I'd like to specify weight since these blades seem a bit heavy. However I couldn't find one that can answer such questions. For eg. you know Dandoy is a mess about this kind of communication.

Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Sponsored Links

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2008 at 2:44pm
I sent them email about the weigh 2 days ago, but I haven't heard back yet.  They are pretty busy with their booming business.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2008 at 3:13pm
Same here :)
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2008 at 3:18pm
why dun other places (esp. Far East/N. America) carry this 1? Doesn't that tell u a story or 2 abt the originality/quality/authenicity of this blade?
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2008 at 4:15pm

I've read somewhere that this blade is intended for European market by BTY. The same as SK7 (the original one) is intended for Asian market. That is probably the reason why only European dealers carry it.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2008 at 9:43pm
Iruiru has it, and they will provide you with available weight alternatives so you can choose.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 2:21am
They have the regular SK7, alpha and light, don't think they have the Korbel Sk7.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 11:06am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

They have the regular SK7, alpha and light, don't think they have the Korbel Sk7.
yeah...i thought i read wrongly w/o my reading glasses iruiru website....there's no such blade there n not even on www.butterflyonline.com or www.presports.com or not even www.pingpongonline.com
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 9:11pm
When I bought the Korbel, the local retailer offered me Korbel SK7 as alternative, but when I saw it, it simply showed "SK7" without the word "Korbel"
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

When I bought the Korbel, the local retailer offered me Korbel SK7 as alternative, but when I saw it, it simply showed "SK7" without the word "Korbel"
I suspect it is simply the same blade rebranded - just like Timo Boll ALC vs. Timo Boll Spirit
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 4:18am
The price of SK7 is 25% higher...
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 6:57am
Originally posted by 7plywood 7plywood wrote:

Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

I suspect it is simply the same blade rebranded - just like Timo Boll ALC vs. Timo Boll Spirit

I tested SK7 alpha and Korbel SK7 and they felt very different to me.
The first one was over 100gr, very hard/stiff, great for hitting and blocking but much too difficult to loop with. Korbel SK7 was 85gr, better balanced, tender feel, stiff, as good as clipper for hitting/blocking, as fast and easier to loop with. All in all, was the best 7 plies wood blade I played with. I bought it at http://www.dauphintt.com/  very good french retailer.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:08am
Now, you have to differentiate these SK-7 variants:

They have regular SK-7 (blue handle), SK-7 Alpha (dark handle) and SK-7 Light (natural wood color handle).  SK-7 is medium in feel while SK-7 Alpha is medium hard in feel.  Not sure about SK-7 Light.  These 3 blades are marketed in Asia.

In Europe, they just have this SK-7 Korbel.  Now, it's not an improvement of the original Korbel, but instead (I suspect) BTY markets this regular SK-7 as SK-7 Korbel with different printed label on surface and different handle design.  Why they need to put Korbel on it?  I am not sure, but I guess to boost the sales by using well known player's name.  In Japan, SK-7 was temporarily popular and used by well-known Japanese players (they switched from TBS to this new SK-7, and most of them switched back to God knows what).

So, JCDI, if you compare SK-7 Korbel with SK-7 Alpha, of course, it will be different.  SK-7 Korbel should have been compared to regular SK-7.  Too bad I don't have the luxury to compare SK-7 Korbel with regular SK-7.  Actually the Butterfly dealer at the store nearby has both, so I can compare if I want to, but I just don't really like 7-ply blade.

Although I have not tried both, once I play around with regular SK-7 and it feels surprisingly similar to JCDI's findings.  So it might partially confirm that BTY just rebrand regular SK-7 to SK-7 Korbel.  I might be wrong though.
grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 1:09pm
I bought mine from my local Butterfly distributor.

Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 3:59pm
stopped by the local bty dealer today. Korbel SK7s were all fl and 90+ gr. So, still searching.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic