Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich kinda loop motion is best?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 8:27am
There's no denying the more aesthetic beauty of the pringle shaped hyperparabold shaped loop.

Pure poetry in motion.

Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 9:05am
What about the torus loop?
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 12:23pm
Actually, half-parabolic/circular in some ways is considered as head is involved in the followthrough, Ryu Seung Min imo has the best forehand and he always leaves the table after it....same goes for Rosskopf for backhand where he backs off after hitting it.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

Or the mobeus loop?
The Older I get, The better I was.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 12:47pm
Ovtcharov is the new generation player like Kenta who is doing a circular loop...it used to be...like Rosskpf, pro's would move back after a backhand loop...now they move forward...imo, the correct technique :)
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

Or the mobeus loop?

Is that the one where every second shot is played holding the tip of the blade.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 4:02pm
I saw a beginner by his another hand, was holding the tip of the blade to give more control...I wouldn't agree that beginners should be taught easier techniques to make them consistent, then right techniques later...therefore, I do not recommend torus and those other loop coz no professional has been seen using it, whereas mine are popularly recognized at world level.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 4:26pm
Beginners should be guided and pointed in the right direction if something is obviously not right. They shouldn't be taught the correct technique initially rather it should be allowed to evolve and be corrected as necessary when flaws develop which are detrimental to a players development.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 4:49pm
I suppose it is important for them to develop passion, but I dont think thats how athletes are developed in China.  They definately have a firm belief on the right techniques, which users here dont seem to be interested in discussing.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 5:54pm
We are talking about different cultures. Using Chinese methods in other countries with young kids would be considered a little over the top.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 5:57pm

Now, from a human standpoint, I dont agree with the ways of the Chinese, but it isn't bad for performance.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 8:35pm
my coach would say, "unless you figure out or master the right kind of loop to apply for a specific situation you won't get any better." relying on a single stroke for many kinds of situation (in this case looping) will not get you anywhere. making names of loop like convex and concave loops won't get you past 1900 rating nor posting crap in here with no practice and all talk and with no caoch to train you will not get you to 2000 rating either. so stop posting crap and practice! and no you don't have an open mind its as closed as your eyes when you fail to see the facts presented in this forum against you. you don't have any credibility no matter who or what you claim you are because you're the only one claiming it for yourself
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
hungry cow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 10:26pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUIGENiXI8M&feature=channel

This video of Wang Liqin certainly seems to be showing him teaching the covex loop Sid describes when playing against underspin.  At around 30 seconds it even shows a diagram illustrating this convex loop.
ibupro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 10:45pm
It really is contagious.  I thought you guys were just being over the top. 
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by hungry cow hungry cow wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUIGENiXI8M&feature=channel

This video of Wang Liqin certainly seems to be showing him teaching the covex loop Sid describes when playing against underspin.  At around 30 seconds it even shows a diagram illustrating this convex loop.

I don't think anyone denies the classification of "convex" vs. "concave" loop strokes. Rather, I think they were poking fun at sid's thought processes. Just because he drops a few technical terms into the middle of his frequently incoherent rambling doesn't lend validity to his claims. I'll show you:

Bugs Bunny dances while throwing frictionless long pips rubber on the purple hilltops of smoking turtle feet. Meanwhile, his Falkenburg footwork drill expands exponentially as his water-based adhesive plants the seeds of infinite time.

See? I can do it too. Confused
tubecarborprime View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

my coach would say, "unless you figure out or master the right kind of loop to apply for a specific situation you won't get any better." relying on a single stroke for many kinds of situation (in this case looping) will not get you anywhere. making names of loop like convex and concave loops won't get you past 1900 rating nor posting crap in here with no practice and all talk and with no caoch to train you will not get you to 2000 rating either. so stop posting crap and practice! and no you don't have an open mind its as closed as your eyes when you fail to see the facts presented in this forum against you. you don't have any credibility no matter who or what you claim you are because you're the only one claiming it for yourself

yogi it seems you always write and pick on someone in this forum. as i recall i saw you in a tourney and you suck as well. you didnt even pass the 1st round. i think you have a rating of 1000, and you always practice more than once a week and you still suck. so also stop posing crap that you seem to be a good player, your not!!!! your the one who dont have the credibility. yeah you made kids happy but that doesnt say your a good player you suck!!! if i also remembe a friend of mine whooped your ass in a tourney. hahahhahah LOL

so stop posting that you know everything you dont big fat bear!!!!!!!!!
forthefun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 12:04am
This amazing sport is not played from a computer with words but on the table with skill
Photino
FH--Tenergy-05 FX
BH--Tenergy-05 FX

Back up

Photino
FH--Tenergy-05 FX
BH--Tenergy-05 FX

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 1:18am
Originally posted by tubecarborprime tubecarborprime wrote:

yogi it seems you always write and pick on someone in this forum. as i recall i saw you in a tourney and you suck as well. you didnt even pass the 1st round. i think you have a rating of 1000, and you always practice more than once a week and you still suck. so also stop posing crap that you seem to be a good player, your not!!!! your the one who dont have the credibility. yeah you made kids happy but that doesnt say your a good player you suck!!! if i also remembe a friend of mine whooped your ass in a tourney. hahahhahah LOL

Wow. You does not sound lile beginner in this forum. Why don't you post using your real identity? Could mods tell who this guy is?
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 1:41am
Originally posted by tubecarborprime tubecarborprime wrote:

as they say, words are nothing on the internet without evidence. Only one post so far just to taunt yogi bear. No credibility without video proof.
At least yogi is doing a fantastic initiative  with the kids over there. What have you done thats worth more than your petty mouth?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 2:13am
well i never claimed to be a high caliber player nor claimed to have a rating of 2000 so tube carbo prime's arguement is moot. i believe tubecarbon prime is somebody hiding behind a nickname maybe because out of envy? im not picking on sid, i am picking on what he says. so you can scrutinize how i play it doesnt matter and im never affected because i never claimed to be the best here. lol. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 2:20am
dont mind him theman. let him say all he wants. at least i have the integrity to admit im not 2000+ rating. he forget to mention that on the first round that i played against those players i have faced some were former varsities and some are 2000 + ratings equivalent and im notr ashamed to lose with those players. so what is your point tubecarboprime?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 3:32am

CAN YOU READ???  at the beginning of the thread, I have clarified my aim. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 9:53am
actually you only edited your posts to back up your arguements, dont you think we know you edited your posts?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2009 at 2:29pm
Again, CAN YOU READ??? the date of edit is always before your posts coz as soon as I post something, I edit it for revision purposes...so a lot of my posts are edit...but they are always edited within 5 minutes when they are posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic