Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which one would be best for my FH? (SEE VIDEO) H3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Which one would be best for my FH? (SEE VIDEO) H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xu_xin_worshiper View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xu_xin_worshiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which one would be best for my FH? (SEE VIDEO) H3
    Posted: 01/08/2024 at 8:12am
Hey, guys.

Just wanted to share a bit about my journey in table tennis and get some advice. TL;DR at the end.

I am an offensive penholder. I've been playing 4 hours a week for about a year and four months now. Started with a basic paddle, like many of you probably did. Then upgraded my equipment to:

Blade: Stiga Eternity VPS
FH: H3 Neo Commercial
BH: Rakza 7 Soft​

Back then, I didn't know much about boosting or taking care of rubbers for longevity. So, by the end of the fourth month, my rubber was in pretty bad shape. I decided to switch my FH to something faster - gave Nittaku Hammond z2 a shot. It turned out to be a speedy rubber (perhaps too fast in combination with my blade). Liked it enough to put it on the BH as well (in hindsight, maybe not the best idea). So, I've been playing with Hammonds for about a year now.

Recently, I've started thinking about going back to Hurricane or other Chinese sticky rubbers. A few days ago, I tested a newly purchased H3N Commercial 39° from a buddy and was shocked at its speed and control. When I put some force into the strike, it was faster than the Hammond. Not to mention the short game and receive. And that was the Commercial version with a light boost that the store applied - some Sweedex booster, probably some unknown brand from the store, as I haven't found anything else about it on the internet. Anyway, this experience only solidified my decision.

I did some research on the rubbers, and I like these the best:
  • 729 Friendship II Battlefield Provincial BS
  • Hurricane 3 Provincial OS
  • Hurricane 3 Provincial BS
  • Hurricane 3 National BS
So the big question is: which one do you think would be best for me and how many degrees? Would a player like me benefit from the H3 National and Provincial, or would it be a waste? Would I know the difference?

Here are highlights from a few matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twioFTNoFIc You can probably guess who is my favourite player.

Additional info. I'm planning on boosting. Is it realistic that the H3 National would last 6 months? I know boosting reduces the life of the rubber. I certainly wouldn't want to replace it every few months. The H3 National is $50 on PROTT - $12 more than the H3 Provincial and $24 more than the 729 Battlefield II Provincial. So, what combination is perfect to make the rubber last as long as possible (if I decide to go for the National)?

So far, from my amateur point of view, I think I would enjoy the H3 National BS 41° with three layers of Haifu Seamoon. You know, I have to try this magical combination sometime. Haha. Am I too naive?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and your experiences. It doesn't have to be limited to just the rubbers; it can also be about my technique in the video or the boosting. I will answer questions if anything is unclear. Thank you very much. 🙂

TL;DR: What Chinese sticky rubber would be best for my FH? See video.< ="chrome-extension://dadggmdmhmfkpglkfpkjdmlendbkehoh/inject-s/searchs.js" async="">
Sponsored Links

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2024 at 10:17am
you probably won't be satisfied till you get a piece of Nat'l BS.  I think it is a waste of money and I have had bubbles developed in a BS version.  If you decide to go ahead with that, I would suggest you get a commercial version next time  to see the difference.  if you continue to play 4 hours a week, any H3 without bubbles should last 6 mos.  IMHO no way a lightly boosted H3 is faster than the Hammond Z2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic