FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

whos a blocker here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whos a blocker here?
    Posted: 05/15/2007 at 6:09am
my style is blocking! woohooo, obviously my bh block is much better, but my fh block rlly rlly sucks.

anyway, who blocks alot and dictates the play, knowing the amount of topspin there is from the other dude./
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Sponsored Links

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 6:37am
I play a blocking game against stronger players. Against weaker players I mainly loop both wings.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
kits11326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kits11326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 6:44am
we have the same style.. LOL

but i have a problem like  themans..  my  forehand  block is my problem..
Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll T5000

FH: Red 2.0mm   Joola Energy Xtra

BH: Black 1.8mm Donic Baxter F1A

buy at:
http://www.iruiru.com/e/
you will never go wrong with their equip
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 9:17am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

my style is blocking! woohooo, obviously my bh block is much better, but my fh block rlly rlly sucks.anyway, who blocks alot and dictates the play, knowing the amount of topspin there is from the other dude./

Theman

I am a blocker with a fh kill shot as well, but i would say that fh block is the equal of bh in terms of touch. Only difficulty is shots at crossover point, but thats not due to the block itself.
Theres no secret to improving fh block: just practice. I am always glad to block for somebody who wants to loop or smash, or do falkenberg or some other drill.

The other thing is to practice blocking & block-hitting off the bounce. In practise theres no need to murder the ball all the time, because that stops the looper getting his rhthym (And you want them coming back for more practice). I try to get into position so that my counterhit and block are the same at contact point and during the practice try to escalate the pace till i am smashing off the bounce. If you do this kind of drill regularly you will find yourself integrating your fh block with probably a loop drive in your case.
These days, usually when two players practice fh to fh they are usually going loop drive to loop drive- show pony stuff. 80% of the time I stay at the table and do a controlled hit off the bounce. Now I feel completely natural blocking or hitting both sides.
The other thing I assume you know as you have a good bh block is soft grip
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 9:43am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

my style is blocking! woohooo, obviously my bh block is much better, but my fh block rlly rlly sucks.

anyway, who blocks alot and dictates the play, knowing the amount of topspin there is from the other dude./

I'm a blocker and my strong point is placement. I have a better bh block than fh block but my fh block is still pretty good.
unisonus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unisonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 7:01pm
Which would you say is the best rubber for blocking?
Instinct 5ply
RITC 2000 1.8mm
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by unisonus unisonus wrote:

tackyfire special with 3 layers of fair chack xD
Azuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 7:52pm
I suppose I block better on my forehand. Whenever it gets to my backhand I loop. Of course this isn't always good.
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 6:44am
Originally posted by unisonus unisonus wrote:

There is no best rubber for blocking.
I find sriver 1.7/1.9 quite good. 2.1 and max is too few control.
Inspirit 42 Degree 2.3 Works great if you mix up passive and active blocks.
Inspirit 45 Degree 2.2 Works great for active blocks
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 11:08am
Hard rubber and topsheet is good blocking rubber....Im found my H3 provicial rubber more easly block than other japan rubber
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 10:57pm
I'm a Off Allround player and sometimes I play the blocker style if I see that the player lose a lot of points attacking.  I agree with Adib, is easier to block with hard rubbers.
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 5:24am

That's not true soft rubbers are better for passive blocking

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic