Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whos got a better bh than fh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whos got a better bh than fh
    Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:31am
my bh is VERY consistent, it is probably 80% more powerful than my fh, and since the ball is in front of me, its easier to make the shot. im quite short, [160 cm], finished high school and trying to develop a kreanga bh. My buddies says my bh looks like him , although not as crazy.

I have more bh winners than my fh, so right now im trying to develop my sh*tty fh. I cant loop or smash fh, and i move my wrist at the last mooment, creating random direction. your thoughts guys?

[ps. im trying to develop a looping motion based on alexei smirnov]

if that doesnt work, then the great jonyer, who looped like throwing a discus]

sorry for babbling on like this, i just need to tell somebody whos got lots more experience.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Sponsored Links

agni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:49am
80% is too much . You have to play like Ma-Lin on the fh side of the table . While improving ur fh , you can start playing from middle of the table (to reduce the fh coverage) . I think you need to have 3:1 practice time for fh:bh.
applegreen allplay senso v1

FH yasaka mark v 2.0
BH Sriver FX 2.0

master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:51am

When doing multiball-training my backhand loop seems, qua technique, better than my forehand loop. However when playing a serious match my Fh is obviously a lot stronger..and thus my main weapon you could say. Heavy push and flip are better with my backhand though.

pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 1:16pm
my bh is better than my fh, but its not more powerful.

I am 5'4 so similar height to you, so my experience tells me you MUST develop consistency both sides as you will be made to play on both sides of yr body as you play stronger players.
I have heard ma lin's fh mentioned and jonyers:

Thats two of the most powerful fhs in the history of TT.

What you really need is a good basic fh drive, (counterhit and loop).
Dont try to climb the mountain in a single bound.
Build yr technique step by step you will be rewarded in the end.
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
waldiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waldiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 3:51pm
that is very good. but don't forget that in many cases whoever have good backhand lost many points because of concentrates on their backhand attacks that cause can not do good footwork and use forehand strokes as it should be.
for a few months i had this problem. so, good and powerful backhand is great but positioning should be planed for forehand at the first.

Blade: KLS
FH: Bryce
BH: Nittaku hammand
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 3:54pm
same here my bh is very strong my forehand is a little below average for my level
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 9:10pm
thx for the comments guys, i guess ill work more on my fh in my training.
I need to hit the ball more on the side, cause thats not wat im doin, it feels more constricted, cause im not used to hit the ball on  the side.

I have this doubt in my head that i may miss it, thats y me bh is better.
YEh i guess ur right. i have to develop basic fh stroke and then work on a style.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:02pm
My backhand used to be better than my forehand, but now i got a new rubber for backhand, so it's less consistent. I'm still getting used to it. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:08pm
may backhand is a lot better than my forehand although i could loop drive with my fh i seldom use it since i could always scores with my flicks, hits and loops on my bh i could even attack all kinds of serves almost all of the time with accurate placements.. sad to say my forehand goes out of the table 40% of the time :(
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

thx for the comments guys, i guess ill work more on my fh in my training.
I need to hit the ball more on the side, cause thats not wat im doin, it feels more constricted, cause im not used to hit the ball on  the side.

I have this doubt in my head that i may miss it, thats y me bh is better.
YEh i guess ur right. i have to develop basic fh stroke and then work on a style.

another thing is when you have a strong backhand you tend to have a more even, or even backhand oriented stance so when the ball comes to your forehand you ususally take the ball later than you should
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:27pm
well ttman thats kinda true, and hence i rush it and screw my fh loop completely.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 11:13pm
lol you seem pretty similar style to me, schlager is beast lol
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2007 at 6:45am

I need to hit the ball more on the side, cause thats not wat im doin, it feels more constricted, cause im not used to hit the ball on� the side.

As somebody said you may have a stance which favours bh.

To improve yr fh weight transference, practice hitting fhs from bh corner to opp bh corner. From there the weight transfer is much easier to get right. Also do alternate bh and fh from bh corner to bh corner. Finally
Falkenberg. After six months you wont recognize yourself.

Years ago, I started similar to you blocking and hitting bhs always making errors on my fh. I am really glad I sorted it out as tt is much more fun as a two winged game!
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2007 at 7:44am
thx pingpong daddy for the advice. to tell u the truth i never rlly did those exercises. ill do it the next time i go to training. hopefully it ll improve my fh.

GO JONYER.!!!!!!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 7:34am

GO JONYER.!!!!!!

GERGELY was great too. The Kreanga of his time!
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
haus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 8:56am
kreanga dos, here is video of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qgD8_ducEo
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 12:01pm
i have a really weak backhand loop... but i have recently perfected a shot that works well for me: the backhand punch, it is great for hitting spinny loops. also when im lobbing away from the able i like to throw in a bh punch into the opposite corner of the table from where the opponent is standing, it often works, it is not insanely powerful but they never expect it.
sverige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sverige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 1:09pm
If you want to develop a good forehand start with a long arm, try to copy a chinsease. Like Hao Shuai. And then later try to shorten it down and make it as you like.  Or just look at the ball and try to hit it with topspin. And dont think about how it looks.
Donic J-O Waldner Carbon Senso
Donic J-O Waldner red 2,3(bh)
DHS Hurricane 3 black 2,2(fh)
haus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 1:22pm
he does

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qgD8_ducEo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic