Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why is the discussions lame here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2012 at 10:40am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

In my spare time I've been cleaning and reorganizing out some of the older sub forum material (you'd be surprised at how many players in 2005 asked "What Equipment is Ma Long using" and "What is the best way to preserve new rubber"; of course in those days they asked it in the Coaching Forum, or the Video Forum, etc)... That's the part I'm busy fixing.

But every once in a while, I stumble across an oldie worth resurrecting.

This Gem of a Topic Seven Years Later
While MyTT maintains it's strong position as a leading Equipment Discussion Forum,
-I think the quality of discussions and breadth of topics has improved noticeably.
-I think spelling and grammar have improved as well.
-I also suspect that the average age of posters (or just the maturity?) has risen.

I think this forum is very active, more active them some of the other English forums.

I think where the OP was saying is that in the Chinese forum, a lot of technicalities are discussed. The words uses etc are almost like a discussion area for coaches. I think a simliar example is like when you get these IT gurus talking to each other and use special terminologies. IMO there is just so much more Chinese terminologies that I can find when compared to English, thus sometimes I struggle to translate, as such word doesn't exist.

Either way, I think this forum has more post regarding equipment (as you mentioned), and recently the "video of me playing section" has made it more interesting, and people helping each other improving the game.
Sponsored Links

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2012 at 12:45pm
wow... i could only make it through about five of those

i guess things have improved Smile
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic