Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - world cup germany soccer 2006
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

world cup germany soccer 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: who do u think will win the world cup
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
25 [35.71%]
10 [14.29%]
4 [5.71%]
6 [8.57%]
5 [7.14%]
7 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [4.29%]
3 [4.29%]
1 [1.43%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.43%]
1 [1.43%]
2 [2.86%]
1 [1.43%]
1 [1.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2006 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Bravehearth Bravehearth wrote:

Today I feel sorry for the Australian friends. My Italian team was really playing very bad. I think they were very lucky with the last minute penalty (was it a really penalty ?). Anyway this is the soccer: sometimes you play well and you lose sometimes you are not performing at all and you win.

Does it sound familiar to you in t.t. ???

Yep,that was no penalty.It's time football started using a 'third umpire' like cricket does,so the ref can ask for a TV-supported decision.But football's so opinionated and people get so ridiculously impassioned about a game which can be decided by one or two fluke moments like that.
The worst Italian side in a long time,pity.
Actually the whole thing seems to be grinding to a halt,and finally we got a penalty shootout (yawn) with Switz-Ukraine.Making it more of a lottery than ever.Lets just toss a coin at the start of the match! Then everyone can go home peacefully,those footballers can stop being paid weekly with the equivalent of the GNP of ten third world countries,and Beckham will have to use the same pair of underpants more than once.
Hm yes now it would be interesting the way the refs are going,getting more hysterical,multi bookings (and the players exploiting it,diving around like extras in a B movie shoot'em-up).After extra time has been played,why not keep 'em all playing until one team has a player left who hasn't been sent off,they (he) then recieves the World Cup!
Sorry to be cynical,but at the end of the day I'd rather watch TT.
Sponsored Links

zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2006 at 9:04pm

Today I feel sorry for the Australian friends. My Italian team was really playing very bad. I think they were very lucky with the last minute penalty (was it a really penalty ?). Anyway this is the soccer: sometimes you play well and you lose sometimes you are not performing at all and you win.

Yep,that was no penalty.It's time football started using a 'third umpire' like cricket does,so the ref can ask for a TV-supported decision.But football's so opinionated and people get so ridiculously impassioned about a game which can be decided by one or two fluke moments like that.
Actually the whole thing seems to be grinding to a halt,and finally we got a penalty shootout (yawn) with Switz-Ukraine.Making it more of a lottery than ever.Lets just toss a coin at the start of the match! Then everyone can go home peacefully,those footballers can stop being paid weekly with the equivalent of the GNP of ten third world countries,and Beckham will have to use the same pair of underpants more than once.
Hm yes now it would be interesting the way the refs are going,getting more hysterical,multi bookings (and the players exploiting it,diving around like extras in a B movie shoot'em-up).After extra time has been played,why not keep 'em all playing until one team has a player left who hasn't been sent off,they (he) then recieves the World Cup!
Sorry to be cynical,but at the end of the day I'd rather watch TT. Wouldn't you?
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2006 at 9:04pm

Hm yes now it would be interesting the way the refs are going,getting more hysterical,multi bookings (and the players exploiting it,diving around like extras in a B movie shoot'em-up).After extra time has been played,why not keep 'em all playing until one team has a player left who hasn't been sent off,they (he) then receives the World Cup!
Sorry to be cynical,but at the end of the day I'd rather watch TT. Wouldn't you?
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2006 at 9:07pm
How do you edit /delete posts in this Forum?
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 4:38am
Originally posted by ttnooblar ttnooblar wrote:

damnit ref, that is not cool

I show (from Corriere della Sera) the picture involved

Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 4:46am
very poor call. he ran into his back
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 6:57am

indeed, the referees on this WC are very bad if you ask me!

11 yellow and 4 red cards in the match of NL - Portugal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF?!
Jason7036 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason7036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 2:27pm
16 yellow cards, 4 red and how many fights were there?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 6:06am

Originally posted by Jason7036 Jason7036 wrote:

16 yellow cards, 4 red and how many fights were there?

You are right and the result is that this referee (a Russian)  has been sent out for the finals of this competition !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 6:00pm

Sorry guys, Italy - Ukraina  3 - 0

We are in semi-final  !!!!!

Grande  I T A L I A  !

La gioia dei tifosi italiani ad amburgo.  Alessandro

dragonlong417 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonlong417 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 6:51pm
wow, italy seriously got so lucky. first they got that messed up penalty call in the australia game. then they got to play ukraine which is the weakest team to have qualified for the final 16 (it got killed 0-4 by spain in the qualifying rounds). all i have to say is that im glad germany got past argentina
Yasaka Gatien Extra Penholder
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Butterfly Sriver L

back-up
Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D Penholder
FH: Hurricane 2
Jason7036 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason7036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 12:20pm
Does anyone remember the bad call that gave the Italian player a red card which is a very big reason why they were in trouble against Australia? They were dominating the match prior to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic