Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Forehand EVA!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Forehand EVA!!!
    Posted: 02/28/2007 at 8:35pm
hey guys, i have the worst forehnad in history.

Basically, when i prepare for a shot, my racket angle is like Parallel to the floor. i try to adjust to the normal 45 degree angle, but when im 'feeling' that it feels like 45 degrees, its actually parallel to the floor plz help. Pleaase help correct my problem.

if u wanna see me, im in this documentary i made on youtube.
im the guy with no glasses wearing white.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-IaWZKdb9cg

i come later in doco.

but yeh, any help will be needed.
i think it may be my grip, DONIC DOTEC, and considering changing.

plz help this young player grow!!!!

i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 8:52pm
I think you need to get some coaching if you want to improve, if you contiue with that forehand your never going to get better, is there anyone who can teach you near your club? Most of the guys look like good level rec players to me....looks like you guys have fun, thats what its all about rite?
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 9:42pm

hum...your stroke looks... rather strange... it looks like youre not even holding the paddle correctly... I played with dotec b4 and it didnt affect my grip as much...changing to a FL/ST/AN handle might help but I think you should consider spending 1-2 hours with a coach...

わが青春に悔なし
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 10:34pm
r u the one they describe as krrenga backhand.
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 10:35pm
lol... I think he's Kreanga Krazy... very inventive names wish players at my club were more creative... im just... Peteh the chopper lol
わが青春に悔なし
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 11:23pm
loosen up, you look really stiff when you are on your forehand, also get your whole body involved, your wrist, your arm, your shoulder, don't just twist your waist
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 3:37am
Yea you look really stiff. right leg needs to be back. Weight on right leg, while you wind back with your waist, , then transfer weight to the left leg, while unwinding, accelerating your hand forehand and paddle. Start more low and go high. 
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 8:34am
Try this:
Instead of trying to visualise a correct racket angle or stroke, just think of contacting the correct part of the ball. Around 3 oclock for a medium drive against chop for instance.
Also try a roll (gentle topspin)with contact at four oclock. Dont worry about big backspin or followthrough or imitating a favourite pro, just concentrate on the hitting part of the stroke.

For good measure try different strokes deliberately contacting different part of the ball ask your partner to confirm you strike the part nominated.

This kind of exercise has been quite helpful to some of my pupils.
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
LowEndNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LowEndNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 9:00am
Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

Try this:
Instead of trying to visualise a correct racket angle or stroke, just think of contacting the correct part of the ball. Around 3 oclock for a medium drive against chop for instance.
Also try a roll (gentle topspin)with contact at four oclock. Dont worry about big backspin or followthrough or imitating a favourite pro, just concentrate on the hitting part of the stroke.

For good measure try different strokes deliberately contacting different part of the ball ask your partner to confirm you strike the part nominated.

hi

does this work for backhand loop vs. underspin as well?

thanks
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 9:06am
thx guys for comments. interestingly enough i left my dotec at my coaches place, and had to get his bat, which is flared, sort of like keyshot handle.
anyhow, i went to 4th week of round robin comp at homebush, and used this blade, even though it had ded rubbers cause it needed changing.

but yeh, suprisingly, my fh didnt have a crazy paprallel angle, as seen by Andy who umpired the match. and i also had more forhenad wiinners, so yeh i guess grip and handle is problem.

and yes i did film myself, i realise im too stiff, need to use body more, and bend legs, and shift weight and everything.
oh well, such is the path of learning, thx guys for helping this young one grow....
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

fiveplyian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 11:39am
Hi,

You are turning your forearm over too much as part of your backswing i.e. closing blade by turning forearm ........ this is partly because you are also taking blade backwards so that it is above elbow height. Blade needs to be a bit below elbow height at end of backswing and needs to be behind elbow (when compared to endline of table).

Alternative is to ignore all technical advice and try this exercise .....

1) Kneel on floor at your end of table (either both knees on floor or just left knee), bat hanging at your side.

2) Get friend to serve a simple, slow, long and lightly chopped serve to your FH.

3) You stand up as soon as you see them serve and loop the ball back.

You will almost certainly have no option but to swing up and forwards to get the right contact. It sounds daft but it works. 

Ian
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2007 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by LowEndNewbie LowEndNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

Try this:

hi

does this work for backhand loop vs. underspin as well?

thanks

It was just a suggestion for curing the problem of fh racket angle at near beginner level, if you think it might help with yr bh feel free. The other general lesson was to encourage experimenting to ge the right stroke and 'make friends with the ball (that is, stroke it gently for a while and get it under control)'
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2007 at 11:44pm
you need to put your body into your game. the forehand loop is about 80% from the lower body in my opinion
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2007 at 1:48pm
You need to develope some stroke techniques.  Make sure to work all of your body, which includes your arm AND shoulder and you need to put the correct amount of body into it. 

What might help is to watch some of the professions warm up, notice their strokes.  Notice how much shoulder and arm and body they put into it.  And notice their weight distribution as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic