Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Writing Chinese webpages
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing Chinese webpages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing Chinese webpages
    Posted: 07/04/2006 at 10:35am
Does anyone know how to write Chinese webpages? I might be making a website for my Mandarin TT coach but I have no idea how you make Chinese webpages. How do you even write the characters? And what encoding do you use? Any special software required?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 9:27pm
Im sure every computer can download a chinese writing software. It belongs in a cd which comes with your computer I think. You use pinyin.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 8:16am
Most of the script writing is the same, just character encoding using either a writing pad or pinyin.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 8:52am
should be able to download it from ur comp, if u use windows xp. use the control panel and try to find languages. i had to do the same thing, cause i had to write to my new physics teacher in beijing (i hate physics >_<)

p.s. having to go to class in the summer sucks
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
tony7190 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony7190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 7:50pm
NJ Star is the best! you set it to pinyin... and just type. It has definitions too, so if you aren't sure what a word is, or how to spell a phrase, it can help. I used to use windows xp chinese too, but it gave me errors, and for some reason, I can't see the character's tab... so I stopped using that...
DHS 4007 Penhold Blade
FH: 802-40
BH: G888
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 6:57pm
One thing you can do is go to google's translating page and translate copy and paste.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by alink91 alink91 wrote:

One thing you can do is go to google's translating page and translate copy and paste.

Hmm, very interesting and convenient idea. I read somewhere that Google's translations are way more accurate than others like BabelFish; they actually read pretty well, not like loosely-linked works strung together.
tosqueira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tosqueira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2006 at 9:09pm
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 1:00pm

Chinese and Japanese computers need extra imput method somtimes depending on the interactivity of your website. You might find ATOK of interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATOK

http://www.atok.com/

You might want to buy an Chinese keyboard off ebay and instal the language packs for your computer. Better yet make it on a Chinese install of your OS.

Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 3:09pm
check out this:  http://www.penpower.net.  It is very handy, just like a small pen.
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 3:14pm
The following link gives you direct access to the mini writing pad: http://www.longrand.com.hk/product/minicard.htm
Ah Hie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah Hie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 2:01am
find the chinese xp os.
Butterfly Chinese ULC + Xiom vega pro
Nittaku Rorin + T05
KTS red Label+ Stiga Boot TP
BTY RSM Max + Bryce

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 9:46pm
Cool, thanks for all the ideas. The Google translation one definitely sounds like the easiest.
-   pimpmyracket   -

729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon, FL
Cream MRS
- 2.2mm
Stiga Innova - 2.0mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic