Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Youtube Coach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Golden Skans View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Skans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Youtube Coach
    Posted: 06/17/2008 at 1:05pm
Check out this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObnkJ74c3Ag&feature=related

Sponsored Links

James JH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James JH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 1:34pm
Hehe I learned so much....not :P 
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 2:00pm
R U KIDDING ?
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 2:13pm
please note that this is a video of ADVANCED table tennis serves - you evidently don't appreciate the advanced techniques this master teacher is offering...  lol

Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 5:57pm
hahaha, ya there was another experts village tt "coach" last year, he was even sadder, he realy pissed me off and I blasted his vids
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 6:06pm
This is the guy I was talking about, he has a whose series, I especially found this one funny:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBcFIljbncE 

I cannot believe some people defend him and think he is talented
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 6:13pm
Yeaah... this one is kinda embarassing...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 6:14pm
Yep nothing better than a long, high, slow, no spin serve eh?  I think I'll add that one to my library of serves, add the surprise factor by serving illegaly
bluemonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 7:26pm
haha yeah i always watch those expert village vids for a good laugh.

the second guy (jared neusch is his name, i think... the place it's recorded looks to be the texas A&M rec center) is a little better than the first one, who seems to think table tennis strokes is exactly like tennis. 
yuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 8:22pm
That is not so bad - for beginner's level.
Of course, it's not "advanced" - most of players get used to clips from Ma Lin, Schlager, Timo Boll, WLQ, Samsonov training videos :)
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 8:53pm
Oh I hate that guy. So pointless...

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 11:55pm
It should be put in a library for basement players who use slick premade rackets.
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
BEHTASH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEHTASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 12:45am
thankssssss
BLADE: Donic Persson Carbotec
fh:
Donic JO Coppa Platin SOFT
bh:
Donic Baracuda

http://rapidbaz/from/162571
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 4:14pm
What do you guys think their ratings are?
Blade: Butterfly TBS
Rubber: H3 Neo
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 4:19pm
2400?
louis_wong27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louis_wong27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 4:59pm
at least 2800.. ;)
comeglan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comeglan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 6:25pm
Dude.. lighten up. At least he is trying to promote the game of TT.  He may not be very good, but its better than nothing.  Why don't you post a video and see how other people take it?  The thing i hate most about TT players is the cockiness and rudeness when they dont want to play with someone below their skill! ACT LIKE DECENT HUMAN BEINGS AND BE POLITE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 6:31pm
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/history/index2.asp

if u do a search for "neusch", jared neusch is rated USTTA 1517
flyingmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by comeglan comeglan wrote:

Dude.. lighten up. At least he is trying to promote the game of TT.  He may not be very good, but its better than nothing.  Why don't you post a video and see how other people take it?  The thing i hate most about TT players is the cockiness and rudeness when they dont want to play with someone below their skill! ACT LIKE DECENT HUMAN BEINGS AND BE POLITE!

Thumbs%20Up  these guys all love the game enough to take to time to make videos to help others enjoy the game.  That's plenty more to advance the sport than most of the kids making fun of them.
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 12:19am
Respect, respect and respect....most of it is for yourself  then for other people. I, myself respect for that guy even he not that good player but he have gut and willing make a video to help out for anyone who need help and also promote the game. Unless if he charge money while teaching on that video and now it is a different story.  Thanks
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 12:38am
@ Sadius:

I totally agree with you.

The guy obviously loves our game and our game is his. The way you wrote about him is simply nice and kind, just like I want to be to any player willing to share what he or she thinks the best way to play is.

I do not like the attitude of players who say "you don't know how to play so you will give them bad habits" to discourage them to coach.

I say just give them whatever you think  the best way to play is and if they get the virus of not being able to live 3 days without playing then you have a great win as a coach!

Just make more people enjoy the game and they will figure it out finding better coaches than you at some point. My role is only to get them addicted making sure they laugh a lot while playing the game.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 12:45am
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

Respect, respest and respect....most of it is for yourself  then for other people. I, myself respect for that guy even he not that good player but he have gut and willing make a video to help out for anyone who need help and also promote the game. Unless if he charge money while teaching on that video and now it is a different story.  Thanks

they are both paid by expert village to do those videos.

the jared guy's not bad, but the other dude scott bowder (http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/2845_ping-pong.htm) is pretty bad... illegal serves and poor advice... he's prob a tennis player just paid to teach ping pong --- his instructions are harming the sport rather than helping it (and also proliferating those ping pong myths).
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 1:03am

I like said, the guy just enjoy to teach people how to get into the TT game. If you think you are better than that so just ignore but no need to give  any bad comment about it. Illegal serves is ok as long as they have fun for the game. I have seen alot of player rating about 1600 and lower or higher do illegal serves even when they tossing the ball. But who care as long as they or i have fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 1:08am
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

I like said, the guy just enjoy to teach people how to get into the TT game. If you think you are better than that so just ignore but no need to give  any bad comment about it. Illegal serves is ok as long as they have fun for the game. I have seen alot of player rating about 1600 and lower or higher do illegal serves even when they tossing the ball. But who care as long as they or i have fun.

if u watch the scott bowder guy, he breathes a heavy sigh after each sentence on every single one of his vids. not sure if he's enjoying the teaching. i think he's just paid to do it and trying to get it over asap.

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 1:31am
errrm, when I first read it, I thought you guys were just exaggerating. But this guy's coaching reminds me of my own coaching of the penholder block...the theory is all correct, but performing the stroke looks unnatural :P

...BUT the BH serve, honestly some of my younger students put more spin on their BH serve then this guy, and by younger I mean 8 year olds
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 2:39am
We are all laughing but I bet half of us are not even as good as that
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 3:05am
did you people buy the soundtrack from the movie "once"

falling slowly....
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 9:08am
Originally posted by bluemonkey bluemonkey wrote:

they are both paid by expert village to do those videos.

the jared guy's not bad, but the other dude scott bowder (http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/2845_ping-pong.htm) is pretty bad... illegal serves and poor advice... he's prob a tennis player just paid to teach ping pong --- his instructions are harming the sport rather than helping it (and also proliferating those ping pong myths).

I was wondering about that, whether they get paid.
If they do, then shame on them; they aren't doing anything good for the sport, there are tons of better YouTube instructional videos.

Adding one more bad video to the Internet does not help the sport, it harms it. Time spent watching that video would have been better spent watching better videos, and yes videos that actually teach you to toss the ball on serve, instead of encouraging more players to serve illegally, making it harder for them to cross over from basement player to competition player.

If they're being paid to teach something which they clearly are not qualified to do, they don't deserve any positive feedback. Basement players should not be making instructional videos, it's as simple as that. Not to be negative, but seriously this does more harm than good. I'm not calling them evil people or intending to do harm, but in the short and long run this has negative effects.

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 11:40am
I agree - they had no business doing that... but the people who hired them could also do a better job of finding guys better equipped for that.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic