Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Guess my rating...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2007 at 8:55am

no~~...just generally speaking..

Sponsored Links

forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2007 at 9:09am
competition makes you seem lousier too? is it the stress or conditions?
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2007 at 9:55am
pressure? ...ya...more or less
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2007 at 11:09am
1. If you go to a fairly high skilled tournament, you wont be allowed to play in long pants, also when you get better, and start moving alot more, its gonna be simply impossible to play in pants, since you will be WAY too warm, makes you unable to move even close to as much as you need to.

2. If playing in a tournament makes you alot worse as you say it does, you really should work on the mental part of your play as well. Tournaments usually make me play A LOT better than when its just for fun.

3. most people already pointed out your weaknesses, but ye, keep the serves either short or long, not in between, and practically always low.
You first of all need to work on moving alot faster, and here I mean both your legs and your arms/torso. Do trainings where you simply repeat especially forehand loops over and over and over again. Trust me, it works. When you manage to get at least 50 good loops in a row against someone blocking without missing one, thats when you can go on to practice more complicated things like excersises where you dont know where you'r training partner puts the ball on the table.

Example: your partner plays first ball in middle, from where you loop to his backhand, then he blocks to EITHER your forehand OR your backhand. Then next in the middle again, then either forehand or backhand and so on.

But as I said, first focus on being able to consistently hit all the basic strokes to perfection and your footwork (those two things are inevitably connected btw)

my rating btw, if you need it to believe what I say, is around 1950-2000 in the danish rating system, which is at minimum equal to the american one, from the vids ive seen on this site tho, I would say the danish one is quite a bit harsher, as in 1500 in danish one is better than 1500 in american one.
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2007 at 2:57pm
do not keep your arm too loose or too close to your body all the time, which explains why some of your shots are off. i HIGHLY suggest that you bend your knees and spread your legs apart a bit more. you need to move with more anticipation, and loop those long serves no matter what. as you become more consistent and gain better feel, you need to work on being more aggressive. it's pointless to be aggressive right now though because you don't really have a strong CONSISTENT attack yet. Quick FOOTWORK plays a main part of being a penholder so keep that in mind.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 7:49am
in tournament there isnt an airconditioner either. i agree with ojq. rotate your body more, dont' jump around when smashing
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 3:34pm

was anybody at FIT NY this past weekend

?
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 7:29pm
Yea I went, I did pretty bad. 
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 9:34am
what days did you play on whats your rateing
i was ther i played well in the 1700
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 2:28pm

1100?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic