FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Alternative to the Nittaku Acoustic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
matteroftime View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matteroftime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative to the Nittaku Acoustic
    Posted: 02/16/2024 at 9:15pm
Hello there,

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Nittaku Acoustic since where I live it costs about $200 and it's pretty hard to find one to try it out before commiting to it.

Do you know of any blade that's close in feeling and it's cheaper/easier to find?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 9:14am
Acoustic doesn't cost $200. It cost $150 and with discount you will get it for $115
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matteroftime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 9:57am
Well, not in my country. Cost+shipping+taxes (60% of total value) makes well over $150.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by matteroftime matteroftime wrote:

Well, not in my country. Cost+shipping+taxes (60% of total value) makes well over $150.

TT11 and Dandoy ship for free orders over $100
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 2:28pm
If you are willing to try composite that does not feel like it, not slow but not too fast, no vibration but good feel, solid and predictable in its linearity, I recommend the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
The "Senso" thing (hollow handle) does not mean a head heavy balance. There is always the possibility to choose it in the low 80s and add handle wrap (5 grams if the overlap between 2 turns is very thin).

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matteroftime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 3:01pm
I've used the Harimoto ALC for 8 months and now I'm getting back to all wood blades to improve my control. With carbon, I could see my technique getting worst because I to shorten the stroke so I wouldn't overshoot the table.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matteroftime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

TT11 and Dandoy ship for free orders over $100

If I get from tt11 for $115, I would pay about $184 because of taxes, with the Dollar conversion, that would end up around $200 Confused
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 3:07pm

I've used the Harimoto ALC for 8 months and now I'm getting back to all wood blades to improve my control. With carbon, I could see my technique getting worst because I to shorten the stroke so I wouldn't overshoot the table.
This is why I mention the Waldner senso carbon, it is not faster than the acoustic, it is one of the slowest composite blades.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matteroftime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

This is why I mention the Waldner senso carbon, it is not faster than the acoustic, it is one of the slowest composite blades.

Got it, I'll search a bit and try to find someone that owns that one

Thanks mate
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 9:47pm
SDC can make you a clone Acoustic for about half the cost. Sergio does excellent work.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 12:13am
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

SDC can make you a clone Acoustic for about half the cost. Sergio does excellent work.
good call!!!ClapThumbs Up
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 9:43am
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

If you able to wait 6 month :)
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 2:49pm
It's unfortunate that Sergio has a long wait list, when I bought my blade from him, I only waited about 2 months.

I just bought an Acoustic on sale. If you don't want to wait that long and want a nice feeling 5 ply wood blade, here are other blades I own that would be good and not too expensive.

AVX BT555 - very crispy feeling looping blade, I played this blade for many years, these go for about $60-70

Yinhe W6 - clone of YEO that goes for about $35 on aliexpress, can't go wrong

Another custom blade maker is bladesbycharlie.com, I have a few of his blades, he does great work and can make you a blade for a very reasonable price a lot sooner than Sergio can.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matteroftime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2024 at 1:40pm
How can I get SDC contact?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2024 at 3:09pm
Here, he is member Hipnotic, you can PM him. We also call him by his 1st name Sergio.

Good luck, he will take good care of you if you detail what you want: speed rating compared to the acoustic, balance, total weight.

Take a look at what he has done before (27 pages).

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matteroftime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2024 at 11:33am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Here, he is member Hipnotic, you can PM him. We also call him by his 1st name Sergio.

Good luck, he will take good care of you if you detail what you want: speed rating compared to the acoustic, balance, total weight.

Take a look at what he has done before (27 pages).

I've sent him a message, eventually he'll respond. Thank you very much!
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2024 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

The other contender is Donic Waldner senso v1 (yellow handle), but it is in between Korbel and Primorac.   And also it has hollow handle (kind of Stiga's WRB).   It is also a limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba blade.

I keep reading about this blade.  My buddy recently got one.  It appears that they've thickened it slightly for the new ball.  Read somewhere recently on an asian sight (it was translated, I remember that) that it was designed by a joint effort between Banda & Nittaku when Waldner was still sponsored by them.  Then when he shortly thereafter left them for Donic, the design followed him and became the blade we know today.  While for Nittaku's efforts, the design became the AcousticTongue 

Might be a little bit slower, but maybe if you got a heavier version (and/or used weighted edge balancers).
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2024 at 8:32am
Have you considered trying the Butterfly Petr Korbel? Petr Korbel is still kicking ass with his blade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz4Q27aFkYg

Edited by WingTT - 02/25/2024 at 8:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic