FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Acoustic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Acoustic
    Posted: 11/28/2007 at 5:46pm
So it seems that everyone that lays their hands on this thing falls in love with it.  I am just wondering what makes this blade so special that people go after it and rave about it so much? And what other blades is it comparable to?
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Sponsored Links

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 5:51pm
another qeustion i have is how is it so diffrent from a violin and why dosnt nittaku make acoustic cpens?
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 5:58pm
it is the feeling/feedback that people appreciate.it is also thin and fast.it is made of different plies than the violin.don't know why nittaku has not released a cpen version could be that to really appreciate the feeling of the acoustic it works better with softer/euro/japanese rubbers. as were most c pen players use a harder sponged chineses style rubber?
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:02pm
well...if Mizutani ZL ST n Acoustic ST r lying in front of me n say, they r actually abt the same price, same weight....I'd pick Acoustic, cuz.
- I dun like feel of composite blade whether they r Zylon, glass fibre, Carbon...etc. etc.
- The feedback I get from Acoustic is just exceptional BUT it probably takes time (long/short? I dunno?) to grow into the users YET it took only 1 nite for me...I was like...OMG...this thing is SWEET! ShockedHeart FYI, I only used crappy used G666 both sides.
I'm not gonna write essays abt it but I really like it n hope to slap on nicer rbrs on it in the future to enjoy it...
While we r at this..I'm even thinking of unloading my Mizutani Special Ltd. Edn. for....Oh..I've decided what I want to get yet! May be Ryno can help me out here....?Big%20smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:05pm
So when you say feedback are you talking about vibration? and what is the feel like, soft, medium, medium soft?
Clipper CR WRB

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

So when you say feedback are you talking about vibration? and what is the feel like, soft, medium, medium soft?
It does vibrate but not as much as some of the 5 ply wood blades and also it's unlike the non-existence of high end composite blade, e.g. Bty SC which I've tried n might as well use it for comparison! Bear in mind, Acoustic is not as fast as SC, KC, Tricarbon etc. etc.
The more we talk abt it the more I wanna play it, may be this weekend?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:12pm
Fire it up this weekend, I'm getting used to my Mizutani, it was a different switch from the Boll Forte and the Maze but I'm liking it, it'll be interesting to try it out in next week's tournament.  How fast was the acoustic? 
Clipper CR WRB

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:22pm
probably slower than ur M. ZL but good enuf 4 me.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:27pm
Cool, was your Mizutani Spec Ed similar to the Maze?
Clipper CR WRB

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:33pm
Haven't tried them both extensively but the Mmaze I used was kinda heavy 4 some reason. It'd be fair for me not to ditch the likes of MMaze, TBS n KLHSP to say that Mizu Sp Ltd Edn is way way way up there n the rest r way dwn there. I'd say Mizu Sp Ltd Edn has bigger n nicer "sweet spot" ?
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:35pm

hi thiwien.

never used acoustic before or really any wood blade lately. if acoustic is not fast, is it the control that makes it better than the zylon jun mizutani. which is not really as fast as the amultart. anyway let me know as  i will be interested in the mizutani blade when you decide to upload it.

manluski
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:37pm
Well the acoustic seems to be very popular, I mean ma long uses it.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:48pm
For such a fine and expensive blade, should you varnish Accoustic?  Or don't, because you will eliminate the feeling so many people like about?  What's the weight???

Man, if I keep reading about these excellent blades:  Stradivarius, Mizutani, Accoustic, Photino, etc.  I will go bankrupt!!!!  Please someone kill the EJ virus, LOL Tongue
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:52pm

I once read a Sport Illustrated magazine, in it, It says:

Life takes INDULGENCE and Life also takes Credit Cards! Guys...give in to ur temptations. Xmas is coming....Drink less, eat out less, spend less, cut dwn on movies, dvds.....after a while U can afford any Wuahahah blade n it lasts longer than u n me!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:59pm

i couldent agree with you more tiehwen

im buying me a violin cpen for xmas! wooohoo!
Kreanga Aeros ST
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 7:22pm
I got both. The Acoustic looks richer. :-).
I don't really know how they play, but they feel very similar.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 10:01pm

Well, Acoustic is faster and softer than Violin. the inner plies is soft. I've seen Mizutani in pictures, but haven't seen it closely. I wonder if butterflymost expensive shakehand blade's finishing is equal to Nittaku most expensive blade. Because Photino's finishing is not as good as Nittaku Acoustic. Acoustic's is made of one piece of wood from the handle to the head (whole blade) while Butterlfy blades (composite) made of several piece of wood which make the finishing looks ugly. You can see from the side of the handle, the wood has different color because of using several piece of wood.  

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 10:28pm
acoustic has such a invigoratingly crisp feel to it.
very solid feel as well.. and the craftsmanship is top notch.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 10:59pm
Need I say more? More appropriately I should say, Acoustic OVER Mizutani Special Limited Edition. Big%20smile

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 11:08pm
The Outer ply of both blades use the same wood. I wonder what wood it is. Acoustic looks better than Mizutani Special Edition. Jun Mizutani ZL carbon's handle is nicer, the limited edition looks like Maze arylate carbon. Tiehwen, if you bought Mizutani ZL carbon please compare it with your limited edition and tell us whether it's the same or not, thanks :)
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 11:20pm
Nah...not interested in other Bty Shkhnds these days...As far as I'm concerned, I could be wrong here, Photino, Amultart n Mizutani ZL C were ALL "derived" from Mizutani Special Ltd. Edn. Period! Btw, both Photino n Amultart r as thick as or may be thicker (7.2mm?) than the rest of the Btys except SC.
korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 11:31pm
yea, Mizutani is just for keeping, not for playing with
Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 11:32pm
why do you say that about the Mizutani korearulz?
Clipper CR WRB

yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2007 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

acoustic has such a invigoratingly crisp feel to it.
very solid feel as well.. and the craftsmanship is top notch.

well said shij !! simply spot on !! Clap

i wholeheartedly agree wz ya ! Sleepy

even the Hurricane King couldn't match it in terms of feel.
me using H.King as main blade is more due to the better fitting handle.
but i still love my Acoustic !!
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2007 at 4:23pm
i hear that the violin cpen handle is really thin.
is it comfortable or to thin? i would hate putting tape on the handle
Kreanga Aeros ST
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2007 at 4:37pm
i'll give u a pictorial handle comparison bw stiga enery (FL Master)  and the acoustic (FL)
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2007 at 4:53pm

Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2007 at 4:56pm
I personally find the acoustic handle more comfortable and snug. I'm about 5'10/160lb avg. hand size 
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2007 at 5:14pm

thanks shij421

the stiga handles are almost to thick for cpen
i think the thin handle will be more comfortable

Kreanga Aeros ST
Shahran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shahran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2007 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

I personally find the acoustic handle more comfortable and snug. I'm about 5'10/160lb avg. hand size 
I'm kind of Confused? What has body frame size and weight to do with the grip or handle of Acoustic or any blade?
If it is the control or feel or feedback one is looking for then this one or Violin should be good BUT if one is looking for power and speed then one should look somewhere else.
It is just my 2 cents.
Without worldly desires the heart is at ease; With a Calm heart you can have real peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic