Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is booster used in '08 Panasonic open?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wallfree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallfree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is booster used in '08 Panasonic open?
    Posted: 09/13/2008 at 12:39pm

I wonder that the new ENEZ detecting booster is used in '08 Panasonic open or old ENEZ which cannot detect booster.

Sponsored Links

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2008 at 11:03pm
Its a pro tour event. Its the biggest tournament in Asia. What do you think?
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2008 at 11:19pm
lol, some people and their logic
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

t3h anarchist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t3h anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2008 at 11:33pm
booster is banned by the ittf as of sept 1
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 4:27am
in belgium a lot of players (and dominique lohest wich is the man who created the booster) said that e-nez can't detect the boosters... so a lot of players will be using boosters.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 6:29am
I didn't think the new enez was released yet...I've only heard they're developing it... The latest boosters are even less likely to be detectable according to the manufacturers, as their voc content is even lower...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 1:33pm
Table tennis is going to be like Athletics, dodgy underground trade in designer boosters that can't be detected, then someone is going to get busted from a rubber sample 5 years down the track a loose a Gold Medal :)

elcapitan_thfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elcapitan_thfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 1:36pm
If you use 2.0 thickness or something like that booster should be ok as they can only tell by the tickness of the rubber at the minute...
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 6:13pm
I thought I read some place that the ittf has softened its stance on boosters, that they urge people not to use them, but they are not banning them.
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 3:31am
NICE
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 10:16am
hey men...what are you talking about? neither tabletennis nor players has not changed. we havent changed into abusers. just the rule has changed. For sure players are looking for the same feeling and performance like a speedglued equipment. it is another thing that manufacturers cannot provide that. I wouldnt accuse a player who dare to reveal his opinion and simply dont want to accept that he cannot play tt the same way so much that he cannot enjoy it anymore.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 11:41am
I believe easyfiji is correct, the ittf trying hard to recommend that people don't use them but there is no official ruling that says they are illegal yet
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
le xex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le xex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 12:06pm
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 1:41pm
thanks le xex, after reading the ittf article it makes sense that they are banning them. Many are angry that they can't use tuners and such. But normal people will have a much easier time playing. When I'm playing someone that glues or uses tuners, the speed and spin increases hugely. So after this ban, everyone will be on the same boat :D
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 3:00pm
I'm not angry they are banning boosters. I'm disappointed with the timing. Most people I know couldn't find any useful information on boosters/tuners until after the ban took effect. Not only that, manufacturers spent a lot of money and time trying to come up with alternatives. That time could have been used to focus on glue effect rubbers rather than tuners. I'm pretty sure manufacturers like DHS were caught off guard, because they thought their rubbers were fine with DHS intensifiers and a modified sponge.

I understand the need to reduce speed and spin, but the truth is that this will do nothing to eliminate short game errors. The Chinese have proven you don't need super fast rackets to kill the ball close to the table. This just negatively affects the middistance game, which is where the spectacular rallies occur.

It was like when the big ball came into effect. People thought that the reduced speed and spin would affect the close to the table players and third ball kills. In fact, the reduced spin made it easier to do flip kills and third ball attacks, and equipment was just modified to get the same speed.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 3:49pm
I still dont think glue makes hardly any difference at all to the male pros, they are plenty strong enough to hit it whatever speed they want with or without glue. That's why they are pros :). The girls on the other hand seem to be having issues

penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 4:45pm
@nicefrog

Agree 100% buddy
WSC / Persson V1
Higher-Sriver / Higher-Almana
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 8:26pm
Glue only helps you when you're waaaay behind the table. And in todays game the further you're pushed back the less likely you are to regain control of the point, unless you're Ma Lin and manage to smack a winner out of no where.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 2:38am
At least Wang Hao used booster/tuner on his rubbers. I watched his match and his rubbers were a little big for his blade and his forehand rubber looked really curled...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 6:03am
it is official in belgium now... booster are banned.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

wallfree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallfree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 10:49am

I have talked with Korean team staff who participated in panasonic open on the phone.

He said to me he bought some chinese booster(Haifu products)  for test, he believe which had used in panasonic open by chinese players.

He did not see direct booster applying seen but he believe that chinese players  used booster in this china open.

When removed rubber after match, the rubbers are very dommed.

Sound, Speed of the ball of chinese players is same compared with before ban of VOC. But other player's ball speed,power is significantly decreased.

If this is truth....

Table tennis is definitely unfair game.

ITTF is responsible.

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 11:05am
The Chinese like to bend the rules in everything :) if anyone was going to do a shonky it would be team China, I call for rubber samples to be put in jars and tested in a lab from all winning players/teams !: )

bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 2:01pm
That was a very frustrating article to read because the ittf is trying to speak for every player which is not good.  Many people don't find it inconvenient or problematic to use the tuners or boosters.  Also they have no tests or no paperwork or evidence to show the exact harmful effects of the boosters or even the speed glue they just banned.  This was a very poor and hasty decision on their part that only benefited the equipment manufacturers
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by easyfiji easyfiji wrote:

I'm not angry they are banning boosters. I'm disappointed with the timing. Most people I know couldn't find any useful information on boosters/tuners until after the ban took effect. Not only that, manufacturers spent a lot of money and time trying to come up with alternatives. That time could have been used to focus on glue effect rubbers rather than tuners. I'm pretty sure manufacturers like DHS were caught off guard, because they thought their rubbers were fine with DHS intensifiers and a modified sponge.

I understand the need to reduce speed and spin, but the truth is that this will do nothing to eliminate short game errors. The Chinese have proven you don't need super fast rackets to kill the ball close to the table. This just negatively affects the middistance game, which is where the spectacular rallies occur.

It was like when the big ball came into effect. People thought that the reduced speed and spin would affect the close to the table players and third ball kills. In fact, the reduced spin made it easier to do flip kills and third ball attacks, and equipment was just modified to get the same speed.

I agree 100%. Very bad timing on the part of ITTF kinda shows they are short sighted.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 4:11pm
Well it's good to know that the ban is official now. but looking at the match between Xu Xin and Wang Hao there is a definite speed difference between the two. Hao seems to have a very explosive reaction off his paddle while Xin seems a lot slower. Granted Hao is a better, much more seasoned player but and there is equipment difference to take into account, but maybe there is something there. Could it be that the up and coming players let go of the tuners while the veterans are clinging to the old ways?
And on that note who would make that call? The players or the coaches?
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Originally posted by easyfiji easyfiji wrote:

I agree 100%. Very bad timing on the part of ITTF kinda shows they are short sighted.

Look. It is obvious that all the rule changes issued by ITTF are based on lies. Neither the 40mm ball nor the 11 sets has not been effective like glue ban.
Everybody knows that net height should be increased. I would work without any other changes. Why dont they do it. I tell you: Because it cannot generate big boost on the market.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 3:09am
Originally posted by wallfree wallfree wrote:

I have talked with Korean team staff who participated in panasonic open on the phone.

He said to me he bought some chinese booster(Haifu products)  for test, he believe which had used in panasonic open by chinese players.

He did not see direct booster applying seen but he believe that chinese players  used booster in this china open.

When removed rubber after match, the rubbers are very dommed.

Sound, Speed of the ball of chinese players is same compared with before ban of VOC. But other player's ball speed,power is significantly decreased.

If this is truth....

Table tennis is definitely unfair game.

ITTF is responsible.

If the rubbers domed, then it's obvious that they had been tuned.

Banning without a way and/or will to enforce it...well, unfairness will arise.

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 2:09pm
Speed glue was not banned because of health risks for the players.

If this is not obvious after the banning of boosters and the the rule that sheets are not to be altered in any fashion from the way they are manufactured, then you probably believe that global warming is a man-made phenomena and that there are American werewolves in Paris.
YEO

Boost TP
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 4:45pm
Ther was one in London, I seem to remember Jenny Agutter bouncing around on top of David Naughton when I was a teenager so it must be true.
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

Ther was one in London, I seem to remember Jenny Agutter bouncing around on top of David Naughton when I was a teenager so it must be true.

I believe Jenny bounced around on top of fellas other than David, but in Paris it was Julie Delpy.
YEO

Boost TP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic