Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a blade like kreanga carbon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a blade like kreanga carbon?
    Posted: 04/02/2009 at 2:02am
hi!, hey...is there a blade that plays like a kreanga carbon?.....the feel...the speed...i think is an awesome blade...but it's banned =(
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
Sponsored Links

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2009 at 12:39pm
Ishlion.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Vivant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2009 at 1:11pm
Agree with Stavros.

As a proud KC user, I'd say the closest is the Ishlion. But I must say Photino and TB-ALC are very very good, if not better, substitutes.
Timo Boll ALC
FH: Roxon 450
BH: Butterfly Sriver G3

Kreanga Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Andro Plasma 470
wizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2009 at 10:42am
I reckon the Amultart feels very similar due to the hinoki outer plies.

The amultart is faster but hey, these days rubbers are slower without speed glue so its all good.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2009 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by yorsh82 yorsh82 wrote:

hi!, hey...is there a blade that plays like a kreanga carbon?.....the feel...the speed...i think is an awesome blade...but it's banned =(

why?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2009 at 2:36am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

why?
KC is awesome blade. You just need to sand the paint out of its surface, then it would be legal.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2009 at 2:55am
wood grain has to be seen... isn't that the issue?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2009 at 3:16am
dont forget the look,

from dawei

i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2009 at 4:37am
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

why?
KC is awesome blade. You just need to sand the paint out of its surface, then it would be legal.

But this doesn�t mean to be banned, just only it�s difficult to attach rubber because of the slippery paint. Ouch
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2009 at 4:55am

But this doesn�t mean to be banned, just only it�s difficult to attach rubber because of the slippery paint. Ouch
No. By rule, the wood grain need to be clearly shown. The paint on KC has made it illegal. By removing the paint, the blade would be legal to play.
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 6:44pm
Check this photo out.

http://picasaweb.google.com.tr/samionurzaim/Masatenisi#5299620956347469538

Some one did it for me. He said he used a lot of paint remover solvent to do it. He said he spent about 3 hours to remove it completly.
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 9:53pm
here is the pic from that link,
what I am interested in since I
sold mine to my friend because it w
was too heavy is:

how heavy is it without the paint?

And what kind of wood do you
think it is?

Ishlion is a the closest light
version without a doubt.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Wang94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wang94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2009 at 2:33am
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

No. By rule, the wood grain need to be clearly shown. The paint on KC has made it illegal. By removing the paint, the blade would be legal to play.
And i heard that the blade must be 50% clear wood (or smth like that) and the tamca is probably not.
Boll Spirit
Tenergy 2.1 x2 //AZS AWFiS Gdansk Poland
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2009 at 5:03am
After the paint removed the blade weight reduction was very noticable. The power of the blade was not gone. Even the control increased and close to table play was like all+ blade.

I think the layer is Hinoki. It is not a a one piece of hinoki. Small wood grains are compressed the form this layer. After the layer was completly removed you could destroy that layer rubbing your finger. It is a very soft layer that you could scratch it with your nail. I even made two dips by hitting the blade softly to a table edge when there was 2.1mm tenergies on it.

Here are some photos

http://picasaweb.google.com.tr/samionurzaim/Masatenisi#5323721646144364978

http://picasaweb.google.com.tr/samionurzaim/Masatenisi#5323721679803758802

I played with ishlion also. I think Kreanga is more flexible and has got more gears(paint removed version). Kreanga can handle thin and hard sponges whereas the Ishlion is for thick and soft rubbers if you need variatons in your shots. Btw Ishlion has got and empty handle like stiga blades. Just hit it with your finger to notice it.

btw. thanks to bozbrisvegas for making the pics published in an easier way.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2009 at 12:05pm
onurzaim it looks like its one ply hinoki, hinoki has lots of lines in it that maybe looklike as you have said "all stuck together".  I highly doubt they are little lines all stuck together. 

Could you weigh your blade now? 

I always knew that without the paint the blade would feel harder and a touch less powerful.  similar to removing a veneer of arylate?

I really want to show those pics to my friend that has 2 of those blades and doesnt believe me when I say they are illegal.  Noone cares so far as I know.  They just see it says butterfly and it must be legal!  I wouldnt bother removing the layer unless you are highly ranked.

I would remove it if you find your rubbers keep falling off all the time
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2009 at 1:54pm
Whenever I get chance to weigh it I will but I dont know anyone who can help me about this close to me. I will search tough.

The reason I want it removed was a test if the feeling would increase. Yes it did increase and it was still a powerfull blade after I removed. Only touch shots like flip, flick, serve returns, drop shots and on short serves the blades power decreased. But it was more controlable. I didnt have problem controling the blade with its paint but some of my friends said it became a more playable blade after the layer was gone.

I had the non sticking rubber problems when I tried to use a boosted or a heavily glued rubber. Some sandpaper work did work for a while but I still had to use some presurring device or big books to stick a rubber sometimes.

This blade is discontinued now but if a person want to buy a new one they can find it elsewhere. But it will depleet one day anyhow. It will be slow because of its price I guess.

I can not say anything about my level right now because I do not have a benchmark in my country to test my skill of tabletennis. Maybe some video may help
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2009 at 6:00pm
 this is another thing I have noticed when using heavy vocs:

they dampen the actual wood, softening not only the rubber but the wood too, so you might find it doesnt feel so quick for the touch shots.  This would have happened when you removed that paint with solvents, if you didnt use solvents then sorry for my idea.

they being sold for about $300 australian dollars when they came out.
I bought mine in Thailand for $100! last year, the only reason I bought it was because I knew it was the most expensive blade in the world and would resell it as I have.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2009 at 6:26pm
There was a great modified KC. You could have more info there. 

onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2009 at 3:03pm
I finally found the oportunity to weigh my Kreanga Carbon.

The blade which is shown above the page weighs 87.24gr.
Frindship F-1
Forhand: Hurricane 3 39
Backhand: Haifu Shark III pink sponge
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2009 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

�this is another thing I have noticed when using heavy vocs:

they dampen the actual wood, softening not only the rubber but the wood too, so you might find it doesnt feel so quick for the touch shots.� This would have happened when you removed that paint with solvents, if you didnt use solvents then sorry for my idea.

they being sold for about $300 australian dollars when they came out.

I bought mine in Thailand for $100! last year, the only reason I bought it was because I knew it was the most expensive blade in the world and would resell it as I have.

i want to buy a KC, is there an online shop in thailand where i can get it??
regards
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2009 at 5:08pm
they do have butterflythailand but even when I was in Thailand I almost didnt go out to the store because the prices advertised online werent anything special.  You have to go in store where it was about 40% off
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic