FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

current no.1 at our club vs BOZ HD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2009 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

My favorite beer although i never drink is Boddington (an English Ale APW probably knows all too well)

Ah 'Boddies'  nice and smooth, not too strong.. You've just gone up a notch in the APW friendship table (its small)LOL
last time I drank it you can see was on tap in my tt vlog posted on this forum - yummy stuff - live for something pale
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2009 at 5:38pm
We never seem to know in the UK what is the best Aussie Lager, we are led to believe through ads, its Fosters, or maybe Castle maine 4x, Is that true Boz? or is there some special Aussie stuff we don't know about? BTW, hold a loose grip on short service return on the half volley, this acts like a 'shock absorber' for long deep pushes, hold tighter.
The Older I get, The better I was.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2009 at 5:53pm
I always thought that Aussies thought that XXXX was pretty poor.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 2:35am
XXXX stands for sXXt - its what i grew up on because my dad always buy it as its from Brisbane - factory right next to my primary school - smell of gas yay

fosters is for all you silly people who have no idea that nobody in australia drinks it, honestly nobody I have ever seen drinks that beer, I tried it once in a German "Aussie" bar/pub = yuk.

if you want to know what most people drink its VB = victoria bitter

but the best by far is Coopers -
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 2:39am
Australians don't often drink Fosters (I never see anyone drink it)

In Victoria most people would give you a list like this of the best beers in Australia (it's different depending where you live)

Crown Lager
Carlton Draught
Cascade light
Melbourne bitter (this and VB below are the two most common but perhaps not the best)
Victoria bitter

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 2:42am
nice edit to the spelling! mate too quick for me
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 3:36am
Oh yeah I allways do that, I type fast roughly with tons of errors, then read it and go eh, few errors there:p then edit :). I could read it before posting I guess but this is just the way I do things :p

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 9:47am
Cool by me, Im the same - Im an English teacher and I couldnt give a 3456 about spelling on this forum - as long as the message gets across.

Ok back on topic - tonight I stuck to my promise to myself - to use t25 from the moment I stepped in the club on my bh and 05 on fh - guess what - my fh suddenly improved and my backhand went to the dogs.   Especially on active attacking shots my backhand just became a mildly speed glued bryce - everyone was so comfortable with it except for a few rockets. so all I can say is t25 doesnt improve my game in anyway.

Actually I played better tongith than I have for a long time, I got really close to beating one of the best players in 11:9 in the 5th, havent come close for a long time, the major difference was that I stepped around for my fh on all the serves bar a few which I stood far back and pushed hard with the 25.  before that every bh loop i attempted as an open was a loser.  My fh was back to what it was before I had this whole injury trash which lasted months. 

IM SO DAM HAPPY MY FH DOESNT HURT - you have no idea how much it sucks to try and play and win with half your game!  

Im not sure what to do with the t25 - Ive give it a couple of weeks now and Im positive it just doesnt suit my style of counterlooping the ball as its dropping, Im just not good at the whole at the table thing - I love to go fish and attack from the unexpected places undder the table....

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa    love 05 so much its been ages and nothing comes close!!!!!
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 9:51am
nicefrog when we gona meet up and play? I would love to get that on tape!
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 9:56am
Put me in your ignore list, soft drunkies! Angry
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 10:48am
imago ?

what and why are you angry?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 11:31am
Guess Imago didn't like to catch up on what beer we all drink...

Well, until you have tried "Innes and Gunns", you don't know what a good beer tastes like. It is matured in whiskey barrels and tastes delicious!

Boz, I don't envy you, spending all that money on rubbers =)

Nicefrog, I think that is a fairly accurate rating you have provided.
The holy grail
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 11:50am
Oh well - I knew a long time ago that t25 wasnt right for me but just needed to try a sheet for fun - so I should stop beaching, its been fun -
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 12:03pm
So what are you gonna do boz?

T05 both sides?
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 12:08pm

nicefrog when we gona meet up and play? I would love to get that on tape!

I can't really get to QLD anytime soon but I could go and have a hit in Melbourne with you if your travels ever bring you down there (I think you can hire tables at the Albert park stadium). You better make it in the midddle of Winter tho since that's the only time I'm in peak form :)

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

It is matured in whiskey barrels...
You said the magic word Tongue
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 6:25pm
1. t05 both again
2. Imago - I got a bottle of whiskey at home i take swigs straight out of it - i know lots of people think yuk but i have the taste of whiskey mixed with cola or any other sweet stuff.  if anything i prefer a cola chaser.

But Imago I think you know Rakija?  Thats what we got all year round here.  Nothing like making it yourself and we dont have whiskey barrels we just stick a mullberry stick in it to give it that yellow mellow touch

Nice Frog - if I ever go I highly doubt I would go in winter - unless it was a ski trip
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 1:20am

Rakiya is a very inconsistent product - there are heavenly liquids like muscat or slivovitza, but there are also lots of headbreaking fakes. And I never heard of 18-year old beer. This is important because I am a law-abiding person and don't mess with adolescents.

Like TT play, our drink must grow up in perfect conditions and proper timing.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 2:55am
Your bh is even better now Boz.

looks like solcion giving you more points than your tenergy.

but i still don't understand how this guy could be your clubs best player... he cant even keep his serves shorter and lower even after being beaten up so bad.

very nice game dude.. by the time you have hexer on your fh... you may even beat him below 3 ;)
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Rakiya is a very inconsistent product - there are heavenly liquids like muscat or slivovitza, but there are also lots of headbreaking fakes. And I never heard of 18-year old beer. This is important because I am a law-abiding person and don't mess with adolescents.

Like TT play, our drink must grow up in perfect conditions and proper timing.
oh yea headbreaking is the key word
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 9:58am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Your bh is even better now Boz.

looks like solcion giving you more points than your tenergy.

but i still don't understand how this guy could be your clubs best player... he cant even keep his serves shorter and lower even after being beaten up so bad.

very nice game dude.. by the time you have hexer on your fh... you may even beat him below 3 ;)
He isnt always the best - he was at the time  -  but he just was showing zero respect and being lazy - he wants to serve long because he knows short balls I can flick where as long he can block or kill

He does know how to serve short that is what was frustrating me  -

as for Hexer Im not sure - a few people have said its just too slow
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2009 at 11:06am

He isnt always the best - he was at the time  -  but he just was showing zero respect and being lazy - he wants to serve long because he knows short balls I can flick where as long he can block or kill

I run into this too, when better players will just forego parts of their game to keep it interesting for themselves. That's fine. It's all good practice!
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2009 at 6:21pm

Actually the last 3 or 4 practise matches sessions we had I beat him on average 60%

We usually play about 10 games per session and at first I thought it was only because it was not a real match - but this vid prooves that even if its a fixture match i can get close. 

I think if it were a tournament though hed probably wake up a bit
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2009 at 6:26pm

His Australian ranking has been consistantly above 2000

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2009 at 6:38pm
Danger guys, Its only too easy to get in your 'comfort zone' playing the same players regularly, through time, you get very used to their body language, it makes you feel that you are playing better than you really are. Best form is not to play games so much. I find an Ideal alternative is to play 'two serves up' whereby you keep serving until the oppo wins two on the trot, then he serves and vice versa. You still have the 'comfort zone' problem but it is less pronounced because you are playing for every point.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2009 at 11:54pm
I dont play him that much APW - on average one session a month every 3 months over the last year or so
apw im interested to see what you think of tenergy 05
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2009 at 4:36am

apw im interested to see what you think of tenergy 05

I love it, good for heavy topspin, only downside is the price.
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2009 at 9:31am
Bozzy. I'm glad to see you're advancing, but I think you should try exploring other aspects of the game. It can be hard to do when you're seeing fruits of your labour and creating results, but i feel you will absolutely run yourself against a wall at some point.

You said it yourself "Whoever opens first, wins". While this isn't necessarily true, imo, your long services are allowing your opponents exactly that. Exploring the short part of the game is incredibly important once you start playing against better opponents. They will open on your services, and not just bounce them back, they will "exploit" the third ball attack.

I feel you're improving, but i also feel your game is very one sided which may net you results against certain types of players, but will leave you wondering what went wrong, against others. Get a few cases of balls, develop a new service. Practice short game. Footwork footwork footwork. Try to position yourself in a way so that when you loop with your FH, you use the almost full reach of your arm. This won't just give you more power, but will let you cover a larger part of the table, and will will give you more confidence psychologically.

Its hard to practice these things in a game as we're all competitive and result minded, mostly. Do you have one or more practicepartners to run drills with?

I hope you took my comments as constructive criticism : )
Cheers
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 9:32pm
I'd just like to revisit this thread a little after i've had a chance to play boz' opponent in this video. He's a fairly tight player and really punishes mistakes with that forehand. I found myself keeping the ball short mid table a lot and flicking from the backhand and trying to keep the rally there until i could open up angle on a weak ball to my forehand.

Serving long is still quite effective for a change up.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2009 at 10:49pm
Did you keep it mid table because that's roughly the elbow?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic