Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

H3 normal, Neo and blue sponge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 normal, Neo and blue sponge
    Posted: 02/23/2012 at 12:59am
Anyone played with all H3 normal, Neo and Blue sponge before. What is the different? I played with normal H3 and Neo before. At first Neo was something like speed glued. But after 2 weeks, it is no different from normal H3. Did you guys have the same experience? So paying extra for Neo only last you for 2 weeks?? What about blue sponge? Is it better and its effect can last longer?
FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
Sponsored Links

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 1:15am
I've played with all 3 in H2, like your experience after 1 or 2 weeks there's almost no difference between any of them. Blue sponge is slightly more elastic in the sponge and provincials have a slightly better quality top sheet, the new neo's have a top sheet just as good as the old provincials.

Honestly the difference between them is so small you might as well just get the standard neo and leave it for 2 weeks before you play so it remains consistent from the first time you use it
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 2:58am
I don't notice any difference between old H3 Provincial and Neo H3 Provincial in play. They are different in design, though.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 9:46am
neo H3 is tad harder and much crispier during play, more noise as well
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

neo H3 is tad harder and much crispier during play, more noise as well

oh, this is true. i do notice that.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 12:49pm
I have played with H3 Prov (which I am using now) and H3 Neo Prov..... reg H3 is much easier to control for my style of play (think Tang Peng) but I did notice also that the Neo's do lose their pop after a couple weeks and then are basically regular H3.... So, why not just buy H3 and then just tune them every couple weeks instead of having to buy a new Neo once it wears off like I do :-). Anyways that is my two cents.
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 1:05pm
Someone mentioned the reg H3 has a tackier topsheet than NEO H3?
ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

Someone mentioned the reg H3 has a tackier topsheet than NEO H3?

It used to be this way, but no there's not much difference.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 7:27pm
To me the Neo is softer and more lively than the regular H3, and it stays softer and more lively, even when the initial pop of the tuning wears off. I think the Neo's topsheet are generally less tacky, but since the quality control of DHS is not the greatest, you'll find many sheets that differ from that. The actual quality of the DHS sheets (as opposed to the quality control) is usually quite good, but the quality control (ie. consistancy) seems better on the Neo sheets.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 2:15am
I have the problem of the ball not grabbing as well on the normal NEO as it does with the Regular Provincial ones and NEO provincial ones. There is indeed a boost in quality and performance from the commerical NEO stuff. 

I've played H3 for about 2 1/2 years, and the only sheet I've ever been dissatisfied with is the first time i sprung and bought a commercial NEO. The formula is a lot different from what I always remember H3 being. It's not bad stuff, but I'm personally not a fan. 

I've played Provincial #20, Glue Effect H3 before the NEO came out, Provincial NEO, Provincial Blue sponge, Commercial Blue sponge, and Commercial NEO. Just about any H3 you can without buying into the national mysticism. All of them were great, but the commercial NEO one was the least "Hurricane-like" 

So even still today, my favorite one of them all is the Regular old non-NEO #20 provincial ones. Those are the most stable and consistent sheets in my opinion. Just prime it and it's good for a couple weeks. Unbeatable in my book. 

Edited by beeray1 - 02/24/2012 at 2:17am
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 2:33am
I have 2 sheets of Neo Provincials and they're drastically different.  The 40 degree one is like any other H3 I've tried and seen, but the 39 degree one has a GIGANTIC reverse dome(almost curls up on itself).  Attaching it onto the blade is a real pain in the neck, and the edges start detaching from the blade within a few days.  The topsheet is also feels softer than the other H3's.  I actually like using it quite a bit, and just today I tried a new method of gluing it.

I slapped some rubber cement thinner on it to expand the sponge a bit and get the reverse dome a bit smaller, then put 1 layer of Haifu WBG as base.  Then I added 2 more layers of rubber cement to get the reverse dome even smaller, and finally 5 layers of Haifu WBG.  The smaller dome helps with initial attachment to the blade, and I hope that with so many layers of glue it'll stick better to my blade in the long run as well.  We'll see how that turns out in a couple of weeks....

BTW, spinmax works great at restoring tack as well.  It didn't seem to have any effect on my T64, but it brought a huge amount of tack back on my H3Neos.  I applied 1-3 generous layers of spinmax, let them dry for about 15 minutes, and washed the topsheet with soap and water.  The effect is quite impressive.

Edited by dingyibvs - 02/24/2012 at 2:36am
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 8:18am
i got a provincial H3 neo and it felt as hard maybe harder than normal H3 by touch. but deffinately harder when hitting and a lot crispier .. but not as tacky like they used to be
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 9:06am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

I've played with all 3 in H2, like your experience after 1 or 2 weeks there's almost no difference between any of them. Blue sponge is slightly more elastic in the sponge and provincials have a slightly better quality top sheet, the new neo's have a top sheet just as good as the old provincials.

Honestly the difference between them is so small you might as well just get the standard neo and leave it for 2 weeks before you play so it remains consistent from the first time you use it

+1, i have the h3 neo blue on TBS and h3 neo commercial on MMaze playing characteristics a are the same only the quality of provincials and nationals are more consistent from batch to batch
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 10:34am
The H3 blue sponge #21 from ttnpp is pretty good after superpriming.
Nice cheap replacement for H3 Neo Provincial.

H3 normal is blah. The #20 sponge is simply not that much fun.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 11:10am
that blue sponged one from ttnpp is what I've been using since september. I'm okay with it. I have doubts about the sponge being a genuine DHS#21, it plays identical to one of those 5 dollar sponges from eacheng.net. Also completely different to a TG3#21 that had DHS packaging labeled #21 that was actually really impressive. This blue is just mush unless you really alter it chemically. 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

that blue sponged one from ttnpp is what I've been using since september. I'm okay with it. I have doubts about the sponge being a genuine DHS#21, it plays identical to one of those 5 dollar sponges from eacheng.net. Also completely different to a TG3#21 that had DHS packaging labeled #21 that was actually really impressive. This blue is just mush unless you really alter it chemically. 

You're probably right.

And that TG3 Blue#21 was pretty amazing. Mine broke after only 2 blade switches (literally the sponge broke into pieces) when I tried a different WSB (Stiga Synchro)...
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2012 at 11:15pm
What is the different between 39, 40, 41 degree of H3 in term of playing charateristic? More spin, more speed, good for service, good for loop, good for push????
FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
L2Pivot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L2Pivot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 2:54am
I switched from Skyline III Neo Commercial (40<= deg.) to Hurricane III Neo Provincial 38 deg. and I found that the sponge was way softer than I had expected it to be.

My basic loops turned out slower and spinnier than previously, so it almost felt like I had a Euro/Jap rubber on my hands. I say 'almost' because having tried looping with Tenergy on my FH I know that my shots won't end up that badly; it still embodies the fine control and raw speed that Chinese rubber is expected to offer. But still, my strokes need some adjustment.

Also, far-distance looping speed has increased - obviously touch has decreased compared to my old rock-hard Skyline but overall it is much better as you have some leeway in the amount of force you put in.

Anyway, my review has been somewhat irrelevant because if anything, I'm describing the differences between Skyline and Hurricane rather than just the sponge hardness. Tongue

-YEO FL-
(DHS H3 Neo Provincial 40°)
(Butterfly Tenergy 64)

★★★★★
中国,加油!
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 11:37am
Originally posted by L2Pivot L2Pivot wrote:

I switched from Skyline III Neo Commercial (40<= deg.) to Hurricane III Neo Provincial 38 deg. and I found that the sponge was way softer than I had expected it to be.

My basic loops turned out slower and spinnier than previously, so it almost felt like I had a Euro/Jap rubber on my hands. I say 'almost' because having tried looping with Tenergy on my FH I know that my shots won't end up that badly; it still embodies the fine control and raw speed that Chinese rubber is expected to offer. But still, my strokes need some adjustment.

Also, far-distance looping speed has increased - obviously touch has decreased compared to my old rock-hard Skyline but overall it is much better as you have some leeway in the amount of force you put in.

Anyway, my review has been somewhat irrelevant because if anything, I'm describing the differences between Skyline and Hurricane rather than just the sponge hardness. Tongue

I want to buy your Skyline 3 Neo Commercial, is it available ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic