Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Effort 70th Anniversary Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Effort 70th Anniversary Edition
    Posted: 05/09/2021 at 5:13am
As some of you may have already noticed, the Butterfly foundation became 70 years old.
Therefore Butterfly produced a "limited edition" blade, called Effort.

As far as I know, they produced round about 7.000 pieces world-wide
  • 2.600 JP (Japan)
  • 500 TW (Taiwan)
  • 500 EU (Europe)
  • 2.000 CN (China)
  • 1.080 OS (Other States)
This would mean that they produced and sold 6.680 pieces of this blade. 
7.000 pieces would sound more logical due to the 70th Anniversary.
Maybe I forgot a region, which got 320 pieces.

I really like the classical and timeless look of this blade. 
For me it is one of the most beautiful blades in the market.

I also like the composition (hinoki - alc - limba - kiri - limba - alc - hinoki),

which is similar to the discontinued Kong Linghui Special, but with some noticeable differences:

- KLHS = 3+2 (without the limba veneers) while Effort is 5+2
- KLHS = much thicker (6,9 mm) than the Effort (5,8 mm)
- While the thickness of the outer veneer is nearly the same, Effort has a much thinner core

I am absolutely sure, that this blade is not only interesting for collectors.
I will also be a very good blade for playing. Thumbs Up

Edited by Magic_M - 05/12/2021 at 1:39am
Sponsored Links

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2021 at 3:46pm
It comes with FL handle only.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2021 at 3:59pm
Yeah except it's out of stock and has been that way for quite a while now.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2021 at 7:19am
I want one.

Btw can you guys recommend "similar" 5+2 with hinoki outer ply?
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2021 at 1:13pm
Chinese market: 2000 pieces.
among my pieces, the lightest one is 79gr heavy and the heaviest is 91gr.
Someone has a 92,5gr one which is probably the heaviest one

Edited by kakapo - 05/10/2021 at 1:15pm
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2021 at 6:18am
I know that some retailers sold out of these within 1 day of listing it... these blades seem very popular!

Edited by haggisv - 05/11/2021 at 6:18am
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2021 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Chinese market: 2000 pieces.
among my pieces, the lightest one is 79gr heavy and the heaviest is 91gr.
Someone has a 92,5gr one which is probably the heaviest one

How many pieces do you own? I just lost my count while reading your post...Smile
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2021 at 11:41pm
hype
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 4:01am
some say it's a yinhe t8s clone LOL

oh and to top it off.... the butterfly "foundation"?..... it's too much lol

Edited by astaroyd - 05/12/2021 at 4:19am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 6:05am
Originally posted by astaroyd astaroyd wrote:

Thanks. I am not after brand. Used to have very positive experience with hinoki in the past on three occasions Miyabi 1ply, Avx J-Tech, 5ply with kiso on the top, Yinhe 5ply all kiso. 

For various reason, mains being lack of experience and EJ Shocked, but also light weight (under 83g), I changed to other blades. 

Really want to try how Kiso plays with ALC or other soft carbon. I know about 3+2 blades, where they come with thick core and having a thick hinoki on the top, builders don't have much choice but to limit the whole thing to 3+2. Me coming from slow HL5 blade, even classic BTY made ALCs feel faster than I like. So 3+2 with tamca, like Primorac would be too too fast.

The structure of Effort seems to be 5+2, suggesting that core is going to be thin. And that why I am interested in this or similar blade. Just to try it out. 

My main blade, I use is HL5, and have no intention to change it. It helped me to fix so many problems, wonderful tool. However this post is not about HL5 LOL

Edited by fmarek - 05/18/2021 at 10:07am
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 6:21am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Thanks. I am not after brand. Used to have very positive experience with hinoki in the past on three occasions Miyabi 1ply, Avx J-Tech, 5ply with kiso on the top, Yinhe 5ply all kiso. 

For various reason, mains being lack of experience and EJ Shocked, but also light weight (under 83g), I changed to other blades. 

Really want to try how Kiso plays with ALC or other soft carbon. I know about 3+2 blades, where they come with thick core and having a thick hinoki on the top, builders don't have much choice but to limit the whole thing to 3+2. Me coming from slow ML5 blade, even classic BTY made ALCs feel faster than I like. So 3+2 with tamca, like Primorac would be too too fast.

The structure of Effort seems to be 5+2, suggesting that core is going to be thin. And that why I am interested in this or similar blade. Just to try it out. 

My main blade, I use is HL5, and have no intention to change it. It helped me to fix so many problems, wonderful tool. However this post is not about ML5 LOL

if you want something similar to hl5 with hinoki you can try the joola rosskopf emotion.
it's not exactly the same in composition but quite similar (both are inner composite with ayous core).

other 7 ply hinoki with inner composite could be
donic li ping kitex
donic waldner world champion 89 (it's spruce but spruce is very similar to hinoki)
nexy oscar

also I think butterfly cofferlait has the same composition as this "effort".

Edited by astaroyd - 05/12/2021 at 11:30am
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 6:59am

I want one.

Btw can you guys recommend "similar" 5+2 with hinoki outer ply?

Identical to Nexy Oscar.
Mine is 90g.
Surprisingly, it's not too fast, just OFF. 
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Jolan Jolan wrote:

Identical to Nexy Oscar.
It has a similar construction with a similar kind of material, but it is definitely not identical.
For example the Oscar is much thicker (6,3 mm compared to 5,8 mm of the Effort).
Oscar is stiffer and the curve is much lower if you attack hard.
I have tested both blades and in my eyes the difference is not really small.
This does not mean that one of them is better. They are simply not identical.

Edited by Magic_M - 05/12/2021 at 10:18am
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 10:34am

also I think butterfly cofferlait has the same composition as this "effort".

Cofferlait is a peculiar hinoki-ALC with a 3+2 composition in the blade face, 5+2 in the handle, in all-hinoki, core included.

The Effort seems to be have a Viscaria composition with a hinoki top ply.
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 9:27pm
Butterfly foundation is funny.
Garaydia Alc, Zlc, T5000 looks good too.
Hadraws handle are nice too.
This classic Cedar handles are the deal, even Soulspin makes them
For example for Nittaku, they looks so smooth and perfect.
But in terms of playing.... Im not big fan of construction and good upspin  won't be absorbed easily and if you say I am wrong its ok. There is too much pressure on 7ply hinoki-alc blade if they won't put ayous as a core...
But good luck with tournament- effortless play
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2021 at 7:12am
I would love to see a little show off performance from people who already own Effort. Why dont you guys post pictures? ;)

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2021 at 1:37pm
Avalox J-Aramid has similar construction, same core and outer layer. It's a little bit thicker with 6.0mm. Great blade.. Still sold at some stores.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I am absolutely sure, that this blade is not only interesting for collectors.
I will also be a very good blade for playing. Thumbs Up

0 interest to have this tricket by myself.
1 - Today's blades for profi game are: Schlager carbon, Primo Carbon, Gergely, Garaydia 5000 and equals. I play myself with Axelo now, which also pretty good for its money.
2 - Blade produced in FL handle only is definitely not a profi blade, because more than 80% are using ST.
3 - It is always better to collect "history" via old and beautiful blades with proven skills instead something designer's money dream.

I am pretty sure there are enough pretty rich people which are able just to buy that item because of the prestige and not so much to improve their skills Big smileWink
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2021 at 1:30pm
those things come in 3 so after the Revoldia and the Effort, what gimmick is coming at us to complete the trio? 
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2021 at 5:23pm
Oh my god Shocked what happened with you?
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

1 - Today's blades for profi game are: Schlager carbon, Primo Carbon, Gergely, Garaydia 5000 and equals. I play myself with Axelo now, which also pretty good for its money. 
2 - Blade produced in FL handle only is definitely not a profi blade, because more than 80% are using ST.
1 - Who wrote that the Effort was produced for professionals? It does not matter for me in any way, which blade is preferred by professionals, because I am far away from their skills and I am sure 90-95% of the forum members are also far away from professional skills. So why should they play with the same equipment like the world best players? I am sure that most of us non-professionals will play much better with the Effort than with a Schlager Carbon.
2- 80% of all professionals are playing with ST ??? In China nearly no one plays with ST. Viscaria was also available only with flared handle for lots of years. It is a bad blade in your eyes therefore? In my eyes Viscaria is still one of the most famous ALC blades in the whole world. What about W968? Also a bad blade? And nevertheless several European professionals try to get one (like Ovtcharov got from Ma Long)? 

Sorry, I don't want to attack you, but I can not believe what I read here.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2021 at 10:05am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Avalox J-Aramid has similar construction, same core and outer layer. It's a little bit thicker with 6.0mm. Great blade.. Still sold at some stores.

Thanks, I could not find any similar to effort.

After looking at the actual photo of Effort, I have to admit that so called quality hinoki ply in the Effort was a waaaaay off compared to what you normally find in Darker.

Anyway, I went on and ordered septear feel inner, not exactly 5+2... its 7+2, however under 6mm thickness which I am looking forward to try out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2021 at 10:26am
I had septear feel inner, I won't say anything. bought so you will judge 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

I had septear feel inner, I won't say anything. bought so you will judge 

Tell me pls :) I am not planning to use it as main blade, more like a toy to have fun. I am interested to know what to expect.
brzecol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brzecol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 6:44am
Hi

I will try to give you small review. Maybe it will be something to point you into direction how the blade plays. 

I have piece no 404/500 from EU distribution. My piece is exactly like Butterfly described it cause depending on the scales I am getting weight from 87,4g to 87,8g (as far as I remember Butterfly quoted it to be 87g). I have checked it during one training with Tenergy 19 2.1 and Tenergy 05 FX 2.1. My main setup on daily basis are two Maharu Yoshimura IF blades and two Michael Maze blades so I will compare to both of those (generally on above mentioned I use D05 on FH and Rasanter R42/Genius+Optimum on BH). 

First thing I have noticed blade is very stable in Fh/Bh drills (drive). Especially on bh it has that nice hinoki kick that makes it very stable and very fun to play. Speed is hard to describe cause blade is both soft and elastic. I would say it is slower than both M.Maze and Maharu, but it's not entirely true in topsin game (which I will explain later). Short game is difficult. Elastic blade + hinoki makes it very lively and hard to tame. You need to have very good technique to go with it. It's doable but you have to focus much more (it's not automatic as I do it on my other blades). FH topspin is quite different though. First few went very long and very high up. Blade flexes a lot and thick hinoki top ply has something to do with it. Even on much faster blades (Spirit, Vicaria) haven't noticed that problem. Maybe it is adjustment problem (like I have mentioned earlier, used it during one session, only 30 minutes cause didn't want to catch any dents and keep blades in mild condition), but it might be construction. On Bh it was not so visible but still present. 

So overall funny blade and nicely manufactured but wouldn't replaced any of my blades with it if it comes about league play. It lacked stroke quality I have with Yoshimura or Maze. In Yosimura it's great rotation ability and nice curve in Maze table play stability and short game. 

So I hope you get some answers. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Although I am not planning to glue coverings again. It sits in collection and waits for better time :)

Edited by brzecol - 05/20/2021 at 6:45am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 6:53am
How much did you pay? (Just curious)
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 6:56am
And thanks for the explanation. 

Btw I don't understand why people tend to blame or thank blade for short game. In short game touch is so delicate that blade is merely engaged, isn't it more about rubber?

Anyway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 8:54am
he said that this is feeling similiar to Harimoto super zlc, I really like him he is the best reviewer, but this review is biased but we must understand him, he is not very rich and he gets equipment from rich people so it will be good to give him more subs and love. His reviews are 100% ok but everybody must talk something just to get another equipment in future.

hinoki has good catapult + ALC which  add good catapult and special softness so you have
soft stiff hinoki and flexy medium soft ALC
it is too hard to slow down pressure when your opponent can play upspin service, but you know I had only 80 Hinoki blades so what can I say? nothing. 
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 10:39am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

he said that this is feeling similiar to Harimoto super zlc, I really like him he is the best reviewer, but this review is biased but we must understand him, he is not very rich and he gets equipment from rich people so it will be good to give him more subs and love. His reviews are 100% ok but everybody must talk something just to get another equipment in future.

hinoki has good catapult + ALC which  add good catapult and special softness so you have
soft stiff hinoki and flexy medium soft ALC
it is too hard to slow down pressure when your opponent can play upspin service, but you know I had only 80 Hinoki blades so what can I say? nothing. 

it's funny he takes a 500 usd blade and puts a 10 usd rubber (hurricane III).
does he boost his hurricane III? (which he recommends for both sides)
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 11:59am
What is wrong in putting rubber you know well? 

P.S. 500 USD??! 
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 1:15pm

What is wrong in putting rubber you know well? 

P.S. 500 USD??! 

I misread.
I thought 500 was the price.
It's the amount of blades available.

hurricane III is a terrible rubber unless he is boosting like crazy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic