Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Dynaryz Inferno

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Dynaryz Inferno
    Posted: 10/25/2023 at 5:03pm
Hello all,

I got a new sheet of Dynaryz Inferno a few days ago and gave it a try. I put it on the Zhou Qihao 90 blade and used it on my BH. I normally use Dynaryz ACC on my BH, but I wanted to give this a try. Right from the start this felt like I could play with it. I think ACC is about 47 deg. hardness and AGR is 50 if I'm not mistaken. This did feel a little harder than the ACC, but the control and throw angle felt similar, maybe just a little more crisp when looping and blocking. I'll play with it again in the next couple of days and add a little more info on my thoughts, but for now I can say I liked it and had no trouble playing/adjusting to it.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2023 at 7:26pm
I really love the ZQH blades especially the 45 version, also waiting for my Inferno, Tronix and another ZGR rubber. The quality of rubbers nowadays from ESN are much better compared to what we have a few years ago.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2023 at 10:28am
Inferno is 50 degrees but feels sofrer compared to AGR.. It has more tension on topsheet so feeling wise is somewhere in the middle of ACC and AGR but is faster and more lively compared to both.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2023 at 12:40pm
Proud owner of a ZQH 90 w/ GT PS (forehand) and Inferno (backhand). Racket looks really cool and plays rather fast for my old school game and self! 
@ the Inferno - I just swing forward and it goes in, I mean if you loop I just swing forward and it lands, hit the ball at me - same small forward swing - it lands. I was countering the opening from one of my lefty practice partners - right off the bounce and it was past his backhand before his forehand had stopped. So this rubber is quick reacting and you can swing smaller and have very good speed.

Now the other part - the control is tricky. Dropping short and low is a study in concentration and relaxation. If you are overly tight in your hands it tends to get away from you. To compare it to something, I would say speed is T05+ but feel is T05FX.  

I'll see how league goes this weekend with it as everyone is used to me just having a solid and consistent game, not hitting my counters with this much speed or following my opening loop with faster loops! New tricks for an old dog??
ZLC/ULC Custom, Nitt.H3 Pro /MX-S
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2023 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Hello all,

I got a new sheet of Dynaryz Inferno a few days ago and gave it a try. I put it on the Zhou Qihao 90 blade and used it on my BH. I normally use Dynaryz ACC on my BH, but I wanted to give this a try. Right from the start this felt like I could play with it. I think ACC is about 47 deg. hardness and AGR is 50 if I'm not mistaken. This did feel a little harder than the ACC, but the control and throw angle felt similar, maybe just a little more crisp when looping and blocking. I'll play with it again in the next couple of days and add a little more info on my thoughts, but for now I can say I liked it and had no trouble playing/adjusting to it.

Just to clarify your point. Dynaryz ACC is 47.5 deg and AGR and Inferno are 50 deg yes. This is the sponge hardness, because of the topsheet tension the Inferno can feel a little softer, mainly because the ball grips and springs a little more. 
http://mhtabletennis.com
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2023 at 5:28pm
Still have a lot to learn to get the most from this set up. After a few backhands though, everyone stayed AWAY from those exchanges. I did make a few too many errors on the backhand spin timing for my personal standards, but the strength of the shots from the BH were just dumb winners at times. 
 Feels like I'm learning a new game at times and I'm not sure if this is the right way to go for me at this point. It's fun but frustrating (?), there are some shots / traps that I struggled to control and my depth and spin variation were really sketchy. I guess my W968 w/ H3N / H8N spoil me when it comes to spin control and changing things up easily. Overall, more positives than negatives from league. Rare back - to - back Saturday league match due to Thanksgiving, so we will see!
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2023 at 5:32pm
I confirmed with Joola that AGR is 52.5 deg hardness and Inferno is 50 deg. That's why Inferno feels slightly softer. I've played with Inferno for 2 weeks now and will probably stay with it. I have played with ACC for a few years now and at 47.5 deg it's just a little slower than the Inferno. I still like ACC but now it just feels a little too slow after getting used to Inferno. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I confirmed with Joola that AGR is 52.5 deg hardness and Inferno is 50 deg. That's why Inferno feels slightly softer. I've played with Inferno for 2 weeks now and will probably stay with it. I have played with ACC for a few years now and at 47.5 deg it's just a little slower than the Inferno. I still like ACC but now it just feels a little too slow after getting used to Inferno. 

Who at Joola confirmed that for you? It’s incorrect, the sponge layers are both 50 degree. The topsheet of inferno grips the ball more and is more elastic which can feel softer, but the hardness of a rubber is measured by sponge only. Not sure who you talked to but AGR is 50 deg not 52.5
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2023 at 5:07pm
PingPongPom (P3) is right, one of the guy got AGR and straight blocking feels the same as Inferno, but when active blocking and looping the Inferno has more spin gears and "feels" softer as the ball can grab the topsheet more. I'm really liking how much more aggressive I tend to be as the Inferno let me swing less but still have faster shots. It builds your confidence to be aggressive.
Wonder what difference the Zhou Qihao 90 vs. the 45 is with the Inferno? I've been told the 90 is faster but the 45 has more feel, I'm not sure if that orientation would change the speed that much, P3 any insight? 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2023 at 12:35am
It would the main difference between the 90 and 45 aside from the carbon alignment is the outer layer wood. The 90 is koto outer so it’s stiffer and adds sharpness, whereas the 45 is limba so it’s softer top later which helps with spin. I use the 90 and it definitely adds a bite, and it has a very clean feedback on contact.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic