Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fake National Hurricanes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake National Hurricanes?
    Posted: 02/28/2007 at 12:56am
I was just looking at One of a kind trading table tennis shop and they said that they are now selling H2 and H3 with "special blue sponge" is that the national or provincial and if so is it real? (only $25?)
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
Sponsored Links

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 1:19am
I wouldn t call these fake.. there s no indication that these are national in the first place.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 1:20am
well then what do they mean by blue sponge? is there a difference?
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 1:24am
yes there is a difference. I assume that these are just batches of h3/h2 that were produced with a blue sponge. These sponges may not be the center cuts that the national team gets.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 1:27am
ic thx shij, but the top sheets are the same right? its just the sponge might have different density then compared to commercial versions?
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 1:32am
topsheets should be the same between national and commercial. Sponge density much more consistent for center cuts (national) compared to border cuts (commercial).
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 1:44am
so for the skyline tg versions are the sponges consistent as well? i heard it was just a remake of the hurricanes.
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 4:16am
lol yesterday i have bought h2 blue sponge. I m very intressed in it.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 4:57am
Yes your topic title is a little misleading WLiqin, as we never claimed that these are National version.

As shij421 correctly pointed out, these are H2/H3 manufactured with the blue sponge.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 7:20am
What is the hardness of h2 blue sponge? How fast are they?I currently use saviga 42 degree sponge with 999t topsheet unglued).
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 8:48am
It is a well known fact that given two sponge manufactured the same, if one is blue and one is orange the blue one will make the user play very much more like Wang Liqin. Of course, this effect is purely psychological.

In all seriousness, Hagis has been very up front about the fact that this is just regular h3 with blue sponge right from the start.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 10:44am
@haggisv
Greetings, haggisv.  Could you characterize this blue sponge as how it compares to the orange colored sponge used in the regular H2/H3 sheets?  Thanks.

@WLiqin
You might want to consider changing the topic name to something more appropriate...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2007 at 3:45pm
 the rubber that wlq is as hard as the rubber you would call crap for 10$
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 12:38am
GenomicsKnight: The blue sponge feels similar in hardness to the standard version, which DHS rate at 41/42 deg. 
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Markus. L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markus. L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 12:46am
where, you guys get the blue sponge?
and my h2pro and h3pro are 39 deg, is that consider medium/hard?
Nittaku Acoustic-FL
fh/bh-Almana

BUTTERFLY Timo Boll TriCarbon-FL
fh/bh-Optimum MP

DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 12:49am
they sell it at oneofakindtrading for 28 dollars 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 1:51am
ITS PITYFUL TO BELIEVE THAT BUYING THAT "NAT RUBBER" WILL HELP U, BETTER SPEND THAT BUCKS IN COACHING
Markus. L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markus. L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 2:45am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

�the rubber that wlq is as hard as the rubber you would call crap for 10$
you bought crap for ten dollars?
Nittaku Acoustic-FL
fh/bh-Almana

BUTTERFLY Timo Boll TriCarbon-FL
fh/bh-Optimum MP

DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 4:45am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

ITS PITYFUL TO BELIEVE THAT BUYING THAT "NAT RUBBER" WILL HELP U, BETTER SPEND THAT BUCKS IN COACHING

lol yes you re right and i don t believe that i will play better with blue sponge h2 but it s still cool 2 have oneLOL
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 6:42am

The difference with the blue sponge is that it is faster and more springy than the orange sponge. Also it is abit softer eventhough it may have the same degree of hardness but it is definitely softer and firmer than the orange sponge.

petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 11:02am
Something is wrong with the equation.
Assuming that National team means the team that represents China and maybe the two or three dozen practice partners and coaches that they have, there s no way DHS is making so many sheets for the National team that are being claimed by the people selling it.
If I had the money, I could probably buy a few hundred sheets of National from various sellers on the internet and elsewhere, are we supposed to believe that Ma Lin and Wang Liqin are selling off these sheets while they are convincing the people at DHS that they are actually using them?
And then there s the center cut baloney! Except for Ma lin , pretty much everybody on the National team uses this blue sponge under thier rubber, if this sponge is cut from the so called centre block of sponge, how come its blue Sherlock? There is no commercial blue! so where are the end cuts for the blue sponge? Is the center blue and the edges yellow?
Did I see someone say that the blue sponge is softer yet has the same hardness? How is that possible.
I think the diference is that the blue sponge weighs the same while being lighter!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic