Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Major League Table Tennis in USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
talltimber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talltimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major League Table Tennis in USA
    Posted: 01/26/2024 at 9:07pm
The West Division of the MLTT is back today in Portland!  Bay Area vs Seattle in the first match followed by Texas vs Portland. Will be interested to see the home crowd for the Portland team. 
Sponsored Links

aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2024 at 9:43pm
was rooting for lily to close out the golden game v olajide but the nigerian was too good 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talltimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2024 at 1:08am
I was wondering why Kou Lei did not play in the Crossover weekend in December in South Carolina but was able to play the Joola teams the weekend before in Washington DC.  Without him Portland only won 14 points out of a possible 84 in those four matches.  We know that Coach Lillieroos was ill that weekend, what about Kou Lei?
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2024 at 8:27am
not sure, but during his post-match interview with Nandan (2-1) he mentioned he may not be up to practice due to 'work' guessing coaching at his club ?

maybe coaching at his club is taking priority over practicing and playing in the league?

he has been dropping sets to lower level players at a surprising rate to me he should have been 3-0ing most players in the league 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote talltimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2024 at 9:05am
Maybe he should not have signed up to play in the MLTT if he wasn't going to be committed to his teammates. Playing in the Joola Teams was obviously more important. I feel bad for the Paddlers who had to play without him in the Crossover weekend. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote talltimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2024 at 10:11pm
Biggest crowd of the MLTT season tonight in Portland. 
PtonRevolutionFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2024 at 10:55am
Review of the events from this past weekend:

L.X.B.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2024 at 5:22pm
L.X.B.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talltimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2024 at 12:01am
I would argue to have Pinto over Zhang on the east team. Same singles record for both, but Pinto has had to face tougher competition due to being on the 4th place team. Zhang has not had to face Angles, for instance.  Without Pinto, Chicago would be much further behind.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2024 at 6:59am
Daniele Pinto definitely the biggest "snub"
L.X.B.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2024 at 10:05am
L.X.B.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2024 at 4:09pm
I am watching Chicago vs Carolina live on Amazon Prime Video, which is cool! Audio started out choppy, but seems to be okay now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talltimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2024 at 10:13am
Princeton has moved ahead of Florida for the second playoff spot in the East Division. There is only one weekend left of the regular season in the East. Should be quite exciting to see how it plays out. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2024 at 5:31pm
L.X.B.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2024 at 2:04pm
A preview of this weekend's action in Seattle, plus a last minute roster announcement that all you MLTT Fantasy League players need to know about:

L.X.B.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2024 at 2:26am
I saw Adam doing commentary for some matches.  Is this his new gig?  Is his time with ITTF over, or is it just a side-gig?
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talltimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2024 at 9:16am
Bobrow has been at all of the MLTT weekends since the start of the season.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2024 at 9:23am
Thank God can watch WTT with the sound on when Bobrow isn’t commentating.  

His youtube and social media content is genius, but live he’s a nightmare.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2024 at 7:00pm
L.X.B.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2024 at 2:21am
I enjoy Adams announcing.  
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2024 at 5:34pm
New article from MPH on the upcoming MLTT matches:

https://www.majorponghead.com/blog/lawrenceville-were-coming-for-you

Edited by Lightspin - 03/13/2024 at 5:37pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2024 at 7:23pm
Would love to see Khanin in Westchester
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2024 at 9:32am
I was there for all of it in NJ. I’m glad my schedule allowed me to do so. For me, it sure was exhausting but exciting!
Extra seats had to be added to the VIP courtside seats on Saturday.
Too bad there was so much buzzing from the lights, which you can hear in social media posts from there, unless edited.

Princeton won all of their golden points against Florida on Friday, then clinched the playoff spot in dramatic fashion with the ultimate golden point win against Carolina (which came back from 8-0 deficit) on Saturday. Good for Chicago to finish their season with a win, against Princeton on Sunday.

Edited by dewnyc - 03/18/2024 at 9:37am
Nick Phoenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2024 at 11:50am
Can someone explain how they determine who serves first? I can't pin down a pattern.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2024 at 11:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2024 at 9:05am
Last tour stop for the West Division this weekend, with two playoff spots to be determined. Get up to date:

https://www.majorponghead.com/blog/last-call-in-the-westwho-will-advance-to-championship-weekend

L.X.B.
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2024 at 3:44pm
This weekend in Wichita will be interesting, being not near where any of the teams are based. Hopefully it works out with spectator turnout.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2024 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I enjoy Adams announcing.  

I agree.  I saw that he's doing this and wondered if this was his main gig now.  He still handles quarterfinals, semis, and finals of the WTT tournaments.  Anybody know if Adam has slowed down his ITTF responsibilities because of this League?
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PtonRevolutionFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2024 at 4:43pm
So the Final Four have been set, with Bay Area and Texas joining Carolina and Princeton:

L.X.B.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2024 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by dewnyc dewnyc wrote:

This weekend in Wichita will be interesting, being not near where any of the teams are based. Hopefully it works out with spectator turnout.

I couldn't be there.  This is a TV preview from the wichita club though.  They played somewhere else 

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic