Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SZLC to ZLC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SZLC to ZLC?
    Posted: 01/29/2019 at 7:19am
Then you should go to some ALC blade. ZLC is not popular among pros but ALC is.
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 7:37am
Originally posted by America America wrote:

i have alc, and this is my main blade- a viscaria. i am experimenting with blades, and am curious how people who used SZLC found the MJ ZLC or IF ZLC. 
Well, I had the opportunity to hit with both, in the same session.
IMO, Viscaria catapults the ball like a proper carbon blade should do. But ZJK ZLC "holds" the ball, making the blade much more linear. Gives more control for sure but you must swing harder to generate speed. It´s definitely not for beginners or lazy players. Even pros must find it too physically demanding because there´s no one playing with it, I believe.
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 7:52am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

ZLC is not popular among pros but ALC is.

This is nonsense, many pros use ZLC which is superior to ALC. Other thing is that for Hurricane rubber ALC blade suits better.

Edited by Pr1nc - 01/29/2019 at 7:53am
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Pr1nc Pr1nc wrote:

This is nonsense, many pros use ZLC which is superior to ALC. Other thing is that for Hurricane rubber ALC blade suits better.
Yes, this is true. I meant the Zhang Jike ZLC is not popular among pros.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 8:30am

He's right
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 9:36am

Superior how? Far more pros use ALC based blades. How does ALC suit hurricane better?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 9:49am
not to hijack the thread, actually it might answer the OP's question - how is ZLC different from SZLC?
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 10:02am

i have alc, and this is my main blade- a viscaria. i am experimenting with blades, and am curious how people who used SZLC found the MJ ZLC or IF ZLC. 
Well, I had the opportunity to hit with both, in the same session.
IMO, Viscaria catapults the ball like a proper carbon blade should do. But ZJK ZLC "holds" the ball, making the blade much more linear. Gives more control for sure but you must swing harder to generate speed. It´s definitely not for beginners or lazy players. Even pros must find it too physically demanding because there´s no one playing with it, I believe.
but pros play with allwood blades, which take even more effort. Doesn't make sense.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 12:29pm
with the forum upgrade, everything loads faster!
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 4:31pm

Hello, if i did not like the feel of the ZJK SZLC blade, how likely would it be that i wouldnt like the feel of a IF ZLC or MJ ZLC blade? I also tried the TB ZLC and did not like it... Is it possible to speculate? If not, would like to hear what you guys think, or have experienced.

Super ZLC is a more refined and powerful variant of the ZLC. If you did not like that then chances are that you won't like other ZLCs too. ZLCs are known to be stiff once you engage them completely. I had IF ZLC for a long time and I can tell you that it will bottom out even the hardest of rubbers when you go all in for a shot if you use the same technique that you use on an ALC blade. If you are more comfortable using ALC, then stick with ALC is what I would say. ALC doesn't become as stiff as ZLC on maximum force contact. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Superior how? Far more pros use ALC based blades. How does ALC suit hurricane better?
ZLC better dwell time for spin, better speed then ALC. But Viscaria and Timo Boll ALC suits DHS Hurricane more and brush loop is better with ALC blades. After all it depends what you like more and what suit better for your game.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 10:17pm
I don't know any pro regionally who uses SZLC and actually I'm not sure I know any pro in general who does.
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 10:59pm
i'd definitely like to know the differences between SZLC and ZLC also.

I wonder in a custom setup how SZLC might pair with a lively wood like hinoki/cypress...?

side note:
(As i know world #28 Lin Yun-Ju used Super ZLC last year.  Also junior Adriana Diaz as well.)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 11:42pm
From some other thread:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Added back Filip.

Girls:
Adriana Diaz: ZJK-SZLC
Crystal Wang: ZJK-SZLC (prior, she used ZJK-ZLC. Prior to that, she used MJ-ZLC)
Anqi Luo: ZJK-SZLC
Jianqi Zheng: Amultart ZLC
Yadira Silva: IF-ZLC
Rachel Sung: MJ-ZLC
Mo Zhang: ZJK-SZLC

Boys:
Jack Wang: TB-ZLC
Nikhil Kumar: ZJK-ZLC
Victor Liu: ZJK-SZLC
Brian Afanador: IF-ZLC
Daniel Gonzalez: IF-ZLC
Alexander BU: IF-ZLC
Filip Ilijevski: MJ-ZLC

Just watching the 2018 Youth Olympic Game quarterfinals.

So far, I've seen 4 players (playing non-tacky rubbers) in this round use these ZLC fibers:

1. Archana Kamath - ZJK-SZLC
  2. Lin Yun-Ju - ZJK-SZLC
  3. Adriana Diaz - ZJK-SZLC
  4. Ioannis Sgouropoulos - MJ-SZLC

Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2019 at 2:30am
I played with ZJK SZLC about two years and from one month I play with MJ ZLC old model. For me Mizu has more control and create more spin than SZLC. Also has a little lower speed, is more elastic and I can play better with Mizu. I play with T05 max both sides.
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2019 at 6:09am
I used Timo boll spirit before, so basically ALC. Now i play with ZLC. It feels harder, the ball is more direct and you get an lower arc. So maybe not the best choice if you play further from the table. 
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2019 at 6:20pm

Hello, if i did not like the feel of the ZJK SZLC blade, how likely would it be that i wouldnt like the feel of a IF ZLC or MJ ZLC blade? I also tried the TB ZLC and did not like it... Is it possible to speculate? If not, would like to hear what you guys think, or have experienced.

Koto veneer feels different than limba (softer).

ZJK SZLC, TB ZLC are koto and IF ZLC, ZJ ZLC & SZLC, Freitas ALC are limba.  I hit with TB ZLC and it felt a lot harder than the MJ ZLC.

I have the MJ ZLC both new & old version, MJ SZLC & Freitas ALC.  I love the feel of these blades.  To me the MJ SZLC is a little too fast, the Freitas is a little too slow, but the MJ ZLC is perfect.  Perfect speed, feel, dwell, spin & control.  The Freitas ALC has very good control & feel. But the ZLC has more power than ALC when you hit hard.  

Liam Pitcher used Viscaria before and switched to MJ ZLC last year; I would love to hear his comment about the switch.

Edited by Humble Bear - 01/30/2019 at 6:23pm
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic