Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

desto f3 bigslam review..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abshadow15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: desto f3 bigslam review..
    Posted: 01/16/2009 at 5:41am
anyone tried this rubber of donic?any reviews please?soft or hard?

also, coppa j.o. gold...reviews please

thanks in advance

CURRENT SET-UP:
blade: Donic Black Devil
FH: BWII
BH: Sriver L
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2009 at 5:46am
You might to try to search for reviews in the equipment section... these rubbers have been discussed many timesWink
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
abshadow15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2009 at 5:50am
okay...thanks

CURRENT SET-UP:
blade: Donic Black Devil
FH: BWII
BH: Sriver L
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2009 at 6:49am
wow you came the right person, I've used coppa once for a while when I was going through my bryce stage and felt it wasnt as flingy. but

f3 big slam I used for maybe a couple of years. 

soft or hard what you talking about?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS THE SOFTEST POSSIBLE EVER and the lightest. 

Tell me your level and I will tell you yes or no if it suits you.

its slow and spinny bouncy and noisy and loop anything under the table and smash wonderfully

BUT BUT BUT BUT

all over the place for control for high level game its too soft

man ive still got unopened f3 bs in my cupboard dont know what to do with it
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2009 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

man ive still got unopened f3 bs in my cupboard dont know what to do with it

Send it to me! I'll gladly try it!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2009 at 4:42pm
id sell it too you at cost price, but you are in the US so its going to cost me to send it... come pick it up in Australia
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2009 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

id sell it too you at cost price, but you are in the US so its going to cost me to send it... come pick it up in Australia

I would... believe me! (I was in Sydney and Canberra in 1994, and I would gladly repeat the trip - loved the place!). All that is left is to come up with some way of instanteneous transportation so that I don't have to suffer 20 hours of airplane ride and $2000 price sticker...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2009 at 6:21pm

rob a bank take some sleeping pills and you can have my very special f3bs

crazy
I actually bought this rubber more than any other rubber in my tt life.  I still many slightly used various thicknesses.

I took a home made blade to thailand when I went there and f3bs on it just to muck around with in the bars, close to the table looping shots under the table onto the table, they couldnt believe their eyes and ears.

Its a very fun rubber, just terrible at passive play like blocking, service return.  And super power play it lacks power
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2009 at 10:50am
I've tried this rubber befores. Its a very fun rubber with a loud noisy click sound as the name suggests.
For serious playing, its a bit too soft and not enough power.

I've also got 2 spare sitting around unopened lol.

Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2009 at 11:29am
The Bigslam is a powerless rubber, it is more like an anti rubber
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2009 at 9:21am
funny I should come back to the same place I started...

why is f3 good?  Number one reason is that it is super light and you can do loops easily.  Now I am becoming more of a forehand player I dont want any weight I dont need.  I just want to punch the ball away or open up with a spinny loop or counter loop with my backhand not to win but just to keep the ball on the table enought to get to my fh.  In the last week of using bryce on my backhand - I felt i was handicapped, tenergy 05 on both sides became too heavy and too the same, so now its a return an old beloved friend for a while!  Loud as hell on my ishlion.  Even when I hit with the tenergy 05 side it sounds loud now
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2009 at 11:09am
I've been using an old sheet of the F3 (normal version) on my backhand for testing. It has made my loops much more consistant and the more power you put in the more it sticks to the table. I'll agree it lacks the power but dissagree on the control front.

I find this a great rubber for blocking because it is bouncy, in many cases you dont need to put in much effort for a very fast block..

Of course ive never tried the BS version, thats supposed to be even better!

PS: in my experience I would never use this type of rubber for my forhand.
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by mwyatt mwyatt wrote:

I've been using an old sheet of the F3 (normal version) on my backhand for testing. It has made my loops much more consistant and the more power you put in the more it sticks to the table. I'll agree it lacks the power but dissagree on the control front.

I find this a great rubber for blocking because it is bouncy, in many cases you dont need to put in much effort for a very fast block..

Of course ive never tried the BS version, thats supposed to be even better!

PS: in my experience I would never use this type of rubber for my forhand.
The bigslam is much softer, slower, and louder than regular F3.  Loops are even easier but the rubber is  actually too soft to produce heavy spin, it bottoms out on every shot almost.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2009 at 4:39am
i find it a very strange rubber to control.  some people seem to equate lack of speed with control.  This rubber is very different because if its a slow incoming ball and you dont hit into the blade its quite normal but because as said, it bottoms out on everything else your bat angle becomes imperative and the best way for me to return an incoming loop which has some speed on it is not to block but to hit hard so the sponge is not important at all.  So really I think this rubber is good for punching with your head down and alright for some stuff.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic