Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reglue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reglue?
    Posted: 03/10/2007 at 7:04pm
Will peeling off an old set of rubbers, and regluing them liven them up considerably?  The rubber still looks good, feels good, and still has some pretty decent grip if you press the ball into it, but it seems dead when you hit with it.  If I were to peel them off and glue them up with Rubber Cement would they come back to life a bit?
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 7:17pm

Taking the glue off rubbers and then speed gluing them makes a big difference to their performance, putting extra life into them and giving them a bit more glue effect. But if I know you rightly, you are probably talking about attaching the rubbers permanently to a blade and I suspect from the way you describe them they may need the regularly speed gluing to extract any more life out of them. It could be worth a try though and they could be better initially, certainly lighter.

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 8:47pm
Yes even old rubbers get faster and spinnier when speed glued.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 9:11pm
I dont have any speed glue and I'm not really sure I want speed glue.  Will just regular rubber cement liven them up at all?  If not will speed glue that's prepped the sponge and been glued to blade by rubber cement work?
If I were to get speed glue that would be openning quite a pandoras box I would think.
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 9:24pm
Yes regular cement will give a glue effect.  How long it will last and how much of an effect depends on the cement.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2007 at 8:44am
i think with gluing rubbers you need to glue about once every 1 1/2
to 2 months as the glue the bond  weakens so blade does not bounce as well it will be better if you glue using regular glue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic