Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Guess my rating...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess my rating...
    Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:16pm
Sponsored Links

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:19pm
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:22pm
900? No. lol He's got to be at least 1300... and heck I played 2000+ who are worse than him. His serves are very spinny and his forehand seems to be pretty good...
わが青春に悔なし
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:28pm

to many simple mistakes

Kreanga Aeros ST
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:35pm
800-1000
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:39pm
2300-2312
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

2300-2312
hahahahaha are you seaious
Kreanga Aeros ST
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:45pm
Confused

Shocked

no its called sarcasm

ps. HUHEEZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:49pm
hahahah
Kreanga Aeros ST
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:49pm

lol you guys are so mean ... how is that gonna help motivate him :@

わが青春に悔なし
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 9:14pm
ok srsy hes better than me
bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 10:07pm
1200 - 1300
Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..
prodigyvioana View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prodigyvioana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 10:30pm

1400-1600

forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 10:33pm
1k - 1.1k. both of them do not seem to be very consistent
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 1:01am

BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 1:05am
can i change my rating? 0.9 to 1k. he gifts easy balls to the opponents (which the opponent hits into the net) and his smash isn't very accurate nor fast. the rallies do not last very long either.

and kei123, you asked us to guess your rating. do you actually know your own official rating or your asking us to estimate for you
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 3:39am
I don't have a official rating yet. I only have a NCTTA estimate rating.
And, 0.9 to 1k is a wrong guess.
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 3:51am
-_-!!...u guys are pretty mean....Thumbs%20Up...but good sugguestion to improve my skill. ...TAKE MORE GUESS!!! GO GO GO!!!>.
forehandsmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 4:24am
1.2k to 1.4k. how old are u anyway? ur serves are ok... but ur spin isnt that great. ur smash isnt that fast either.but not bad. for how long hv u been plaeing tt?
Petr Korbel-FL/Sriver/狂飚 III
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 4:30am
Um....i m about 20.  Spin? u mean loop? I have been playing tt for a few years..
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 5:45am
Cool video!  You have good skillz kei!  But it seems like a change of strategy is needed with this guy:

THE DUDE:

throughout both videos, he pushes with his backhand, and hits with the forehand.  His most consistent shot is the backhand push, and he's comfortable giving you the initiative by frequently pushing long to your forehand (he never seems to really test your backhand?!), giving you the option to attack.  He relies so heavily on his backhand that he even does some funky wrist twisting to hit backhand on the forehand side (meaning his "elbow" is a big area).  He seems to have trouble countering with his backhand, erroring on straight drives to the back hand.  His forehand attack is fast but not consistent enough to be that scary, but he is able to put high balls away on the forehand side.  He steps around the backhand just ONCE to attack a ball to the backhand with a forehand loop or counter, I forgot which.

He even errors frequently on multi push rallies even to the backhand - it seems he has trouble dealing with more underspin even in his consistent backhand side.

He moves very quickly to a defensive position away from the table, and chops lightly to your forehand, trying to wear you down or get a higher ball to smash with the forehand.

SO:

serves: you serve through both videos ONLY to his backhand side, the most consistent!!! And the serves are __always__ long.  In a few places I'd say he's out of position expecting a long serve!  So I'd say more __short service__ is in order - serve more short underspin and no spin balls close to the edges, optionally loaded with sidespin. That will get him closer to the table when receiving making him more likely to error on the return or be out of position when you decide to attack.  Your long serve is very consistent, but more variation with your placement is in order; in this case, it looks like serving long _underspin_ to the forehand would give him trouble since he plays more attack on that side in contrast to his defensive backhand strategy.

pushes: you're more consistent pushing than attacking his pushes, so be more selective with your attacks.  It seems like he starts to make mistakes as the underspin increases.  Pushing fast to the elbow will confuse him as he's used to hitting with the forehand but most of all favors defensive returns with his backhand push.  With enough spin, a push to the forehand also appears likely to force an error, as he tends to counter with the forehand, and doesn't seem to know how to loop underspin properly (at least it doesn't happen in this match).

attacking long under spin balls: a skill that lets you take the initiative, but hard to do consistently.  But you DO attack many underspin balls, but those attacks again seem to go consistently to his backhand - maybe go for the elbow or test his ability to counter with the forehand.

It seems like you beat this guy (I wasn't keeping score, but you were on the up??) but these are some strategies to test out in future games with him, or in matches with others.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 5:52am
http://www.masatenisi.org/english/frsmash.htm

check this out, smashing backspin Cool Loops against underspin are quite tricky but you can also smash when there is a) less spin and b) the ball is higher - this guy doesn't appear to be particularly careful about keeping his pushes low or spinny, he's content to get them back, so a straight drive / smash could work as an attack against him!  You seem to gravitate towards a loop-like stroke, even in shorter counters - maybe practice more straight countering, and experiment hitting against light underspin balls, could be just the ticket for more passive players like this guy.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 5:59am
the above is all just one person's opinion, i'm very interested to hear your thoughts and also other people's assessments of the game; so much of TT is just learning the fundamentals, tactics comes later, but everyone's game is always inconsistent in one way or another, so you can beat a lot of players just by playing your strength against their weakness
forehandsmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 6:08am
yes. u could ask ur coach to train u in loops. in this way, u will improve. i also suggest having more serves to different sides of the table, very spinny and fast. remember, when u have a good serve , chances are the oppoenent will have diffculty, hence more points may be for ur taking. i also suggest serving to different sides of the table and spot where he is most weak at. work on that serve and try to get more spin, speed and to the egde of the table. u will be a much more complete player :)
Petr Korbel-FL/Sriver/狂飚 III
stephen chung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 7:30am
Originally posted by kei123 kei123 wrote:

Um....i m about 20.  Spin? u mean loop? I have been playing tt for a few years..

We don't have this kind of point system in Singapore  so  I can't guess.

But I think you should work on your serve. They are neither long nor short. And too high. Your opponent can loop back easily.

Work on you looping also. Especially looping underspin.
Blade: Butterfly Custom made 1ply Hinoki 10mm
Rubber: Bryce Hard
dadab12 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadab12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 7:55am
Well, I can't guess the rating but your oppenent seem to lack technique, your shots aren't strong enough and the serves are mid distance therefore it's pretty easy to kill the ball.. when did you start playing seriously?
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 9:58am
FIT in NYC?
weekdayhacker View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekdayhacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 12:49pm
Hi, I would guess you and your opponent's rating would be around 1200. 

If I was 1200 and I play against a guy below 800, I'll look like 1600.  If I play against a guy above 1600, I'll look like 800.
forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 1:04pm

I dont know your rating but let me share with you my analysis.

Service, I think someone else mention before already, sometimes you service are quite high... can be dangerous if played with good players.

Receive Serve, dont return high and to the place where the opponent can attack easily, choose your return location wisely where he cant attack.

Attack, you seems to be sending the ball most of the time to the center of the table... its like you are worrying that your opponent cant get the ball, so you send the ball into the middle. Try send the ball the the edge, does not matter if your opponent cant return it, thats the whole idea.

Defence, you have this habit of moving backwards when attacked... since you are a penholder, you should try stay near the table and do fast block. Once you move away from the table, you are in disadvantage being a pen holder.

finally, try not to wear long pants playing table tennis, wear shorts instead. You have movement problem with that type of pants.

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2007 at 1:18pm
900ish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic