Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my f**ked up grip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my f**ked up grip
    Posted: 04/14/2007 at 6:47am
plz observe
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 6:47am
wait , how do i post pics?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 6:55am

i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 6:57am
this is my fh grip, and maybe sometimes my bh grip, if i have time to change, and as u can see, when i try to loop heavy heavy backspin, the feeling opf goin 'UP' as in vertical feels right due to the wrist, but in actual fact, the racket angle is wrong.

so in actual matches, i have to adjust my technique, this being aiming a little bit 'upwards' so it feels like im hitting the sky, but actually its goin vertical. know wat im saying?

thats y i need a fatter handle to lock my grip, such as a primorac carbon or schlager carbon, but these r too fast for me.

anyknow any chinese blade with a rll rlly fat flared handle?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 7:04am
i have that grip, but not as extreme. i have also been down the 'i need a handle that really fills up my hand' road. it is a long and sad journey... just find something reasonably fat and stick with it, so you become very used to it. it doesnt really matter if you change it a little between strokes (maze holds his racket that way)
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 1:58pm

lol thats not that bad. ive seen worse

わが青春に悔なし
fs-2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fs-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 2:08pm
yup the flared handle for palio carbon blade is really flat and skinny try that out its a good blade too
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 2:28pm
Can't really see your thumb placement. But it seems ok. 
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 4:33pm
thats pretty much how i hold it... pretty similar to maze.
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 1:58am
I see that your thumb isn't up on the rubber.  It should be there to help support your forehand. 
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 5:07am
Your time is better spent altering your grip, try duct taping your hand if you're serious about it.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 5:32am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

theman
your grip angle seems neutral enough to me, but in msg you talk about 'locking' your grip. IMHO thats a wrong way of thinking. The best interpretation of a neutral grip is when its SOFT.
For instance i can see a space under yr index finger which implies a closed fh shot for attack or open bh for chop or push. However it looks like theres a bit of tension there where the index finger is braced against the rubber.
the best idea is at readiness you hold the bat really gentle so that one second theres no gap under that finger
(ready for bh block or topspin), next second theres agap (thinking about fh loop). Just like when people are rec serve their weight constantly shifts from on foot to other, so in yr grip let it move around. The fingers round the handle should be very lightly attached to allow this play with the index finger and thumb. If you hold the racket as you would at readiness, somebody should be able to take the racket out of your hand with little effort. You should be holding the racket just enough to control it and stop it flying across the room.

So how do i know what angle to hold it when fh looping? Well the answer is not in how you hold the racket at readiness. All you need is to think of the part of the ball you want to hit and those relaxed fingers will automatically adjust the angle for you!

good luck
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic