Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blade handle color/pattern

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade handle color/pattern
    Posted: 03/16/2024 at 1:58am
Does anyone know how blade manufacturers make their handles, that even after sanding and ridding the entire surface of the design and colors, the same colors and patterns continue to exist in the under layers beneath the surface that will never smudge nor ruin the design?
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2024 at 10:28am
it looks like they stain each layer/color separately and then glue them together in the pattern.  
I've always preferred the plain wood handles that are made from one piece.  The stained handles feel grainy to me.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2024 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Does anyone know how blade manufacturers make their handles, that even after sanding and ridding the entire surface of the design and colors, the same colors and patterns continue to exist in the under layers beneath the surface that will never smudge nor ruin the design?

You mean like what we see on the Donic Appelgren Allplay (Reg. Version) at the thumb bevel?  Some of the older Stellan Bengtsson Stiga Offensive Classics had that same effect at the thumb bevel too. 

Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic