Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what's close to Spectol blue and Spinpips blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
simonphelps View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonphelps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what's close to Spectol blue and Spinpips blue
    Posted: 04/09/2024 at 4:59pm
I use to play with Spectol and Spinpips blue. I have been out of the sport for some time. What would be a comparable rubber? I am currently looking at Victas Spectol S2

Thank you for any help

simon phelps
Sponsored Links

mc882 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc882 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2024 at 10:07am
Originally posted by simonphelps simonphelps wrote:

I use to play with Spectol and Spinpips blue. I have been out of the sport for some time. What would be a comparable rubber? I am currently looking at Victas Spectol S2
Thank you for any help
If you have been out from since the 38mm ball then things have changed a bit. 
Victas is too expensive. Rakza is good but also costs too much.
I am using Uranus Pro & Poly  for the current plastic ball.
Inexpensive & good enough for me
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2024 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by mc882 mc882 wrote:

Thank you for any help
If you have been out from since the 38mm ball then things have changed a bit. 
Victas is too expensive. Rakza is good but also costs too much.
I am using Uranus Pro & Poly  for the current plastic ball.
Inexpensive & good enough for me

Spectol Blue and Spinpips Blue came out during the 40mm celluloid era. He said nothing about the 38mm ball.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2024 at 7:14am
Victas Spectol S3 is quite close to Spectol Blue.
The top sheet is very slightly softer and less grippy (although less so in the new blue colour?), otherwise it is much the same.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2024 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

The top sheet is very slightly softer and less grippy (although less so in the new blue colour?), otherwise it is much the same.

I played with blue on FH but I think S3 is not as pro like blue.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonphelps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2024 at 3:20pm
can you clarify for my little brain? Are you saying the new blue color has less spin and is less like spectral blue or a closer comparison? If it’s more that’s awesome cause I didn’t know about the blue color and I would go with that. 

From the extensive research I’ve done I thought it was going to be D2 or 102 that would be closest. 
simon phelps
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonphelps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2024 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

Where might I find this blue color?
simon phelps
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2024 at 9:37am

Where might I find this blue color?
I got mine from iruiru.com

Edited by Sedis - 04/27/2024 at 9:40am
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2024 at 9:54am

can you clarify for my little brain? Are you saying the new blue color has less spin and is less like spectral blue or a closer comparison? If it’s more that’s awesome cause I didn’t know about the blue color and I would go with that. 

From the extensive research I’ve done I thought it was going to be D2 or 102 that would be closest. 

The S3 with the blue colour topsheet was a bit harder and had more grip than the red and black coloured ones I've tried and I feel is closer to Spectol Blue, although it is still not the same, it is the closest I've tried (although it doesn't come in 1.8mm, which is what I used in TSP). 

I am presuming this difference is due to the colour and they have not made a change since the rubber was released or just variation from batch to batch, but I don't know for sure.

I've tried two sheets of S3 in red in 2mm and one in 1.6mm and two sheets of black in 1.6mm. The two sheets of blue I have purchased in 2mm both have this slightly different quality. 

Edited by Sedis - Yesterday at 10:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic