Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blade Handles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTReactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTReactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade Handles
    Posted: 10/01/2007 at 9:37am
Who prefer different hadles. Like ST handle prefer's people with good forehand or backhand, maybe choppers, maybe straight loopers. Who will prefer FL handles, like good forehands or back hands. What about AN handles. What about CO as this don't use many people why, and why they don't make them anymore ? Please post your opinions about what do you think who use what and what you prefer for your best shots ? Thanks
Exclusive Table Tennis Gear & Official Distributor
http://www.TTReactor.homestead.com
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2007 at 10:38am
AN feels strange to me. It's like there's a lump in the wrong place. That may be because I hold the paddle different than most. ST feels good when it's flat on the top and bottom, but in some cases, like a few Stiga models, the ST handle feels very round and fat like holding a baseball bat. I've never tried a CON. I use FLARE because it's easy to get and the least strange; however, Stiga makes two FL . . . one is too thick and one is too thin. I think I will have order handles from Galaxy and pay someone to replace my other handles with them. Or, maybe I'll just superglue my hand onto the back of the blade. :-).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Trebor Renkluaf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trebor Renkluaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2007 at 1:02pm
I think it has much more to do with comfort/feel than with playing style.  I prefer straight handles as they just tend to feel best in my hand.  I've determined that is mostly becuase of the way the handle end is shaped where my thumb rests on the blade.  The straight handles just feel like I can grip them better with my thumb.  That said I recently bought on old Banda Blade that has a very comfortable flared handle.  I don't like anotonic - feels wierd in my hand.  I've never played a conic handle.
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha
FH: Rapid 2.0
BH: Rapid 2.0

Blade: Stiga Hans Alser - 1983
FH: Yasaka Mark V Max
BH: Yasaka Mark V Max
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2007 at 2:17pm
what does a conic handle look like?i use anatomic as  prevention of reoccurence of tennis elbowOuch,the an blade opens the fingers more when you hold the blade.
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic