Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interested to see what you make of my style.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interested to see what you make of my style.
    Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:03pm
By popular demand here is a vid of me practicing tonight. I am the one in the stripey shirt who walks around the court swinging his arm a lot.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fggacT5qoXo

My mate was struggling a lot with his rubbers and a lack of practice, so I have cut out a lot of service winners etc or you would get really bored.
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:05pm
Wait are you the guy in front?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:11pm
I just realized it doesn't actually look stripey on the vid, but rest assured it isn't pink, it is red, blue and white stripes.
I start off nearest the camera.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:12pm
juan, good to c ya in practise. man i still got a lot to learn, what i like about ur play is ur so relaxed, espcially on that fh side, something i need to still get used to.
ur loops reminds me of the hungarians in the 70s, u follow through smoothly and get those crazy angles, just like a jonyer of gergley lol.

my fav moment was that going for broke swinging ur hand to the other side, behind ur back,  a timo boll moment lol.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:16pm
Clarify please as there is more than  one "stripey" shirt being worn in the vid.

Curious like a monkey.
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

I just realized it doesn't actually look stripey on the vid, but rest assured it isn't pink, it is red, blue and white stripes.
I start off nearest the camera.

there you go.

I'm still loading it, as my computer is slow. Can't wait to see it though.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:20pm
I am the one without the beard.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:26pm
You need to really work on your fitness level, alot. YOu were barely moving at all.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

You need to really work on your fitness level, alot. YOu were barely moving at all.
And you want to work on your tact.
Why move when you don't need to?
There are many things I could work on if I wanted to and if I had the time, maybe TT is not important enough to me at the moment. I have a family and a job and many other things going on. I don't just sit at my computer all day and then pop out for a bit of TT you know.

As you anticipation improves, you will look like you are moving less too LiXiao.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:30pm
thats so true. move only when u have to
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 7:39pm

thats what i was just going to say- didn't look like he really had to move..what he was doing was working obviously. Why run to a ball if its right there? if what youre doing is working, why change it?

I thought that was obvious.. Besides i've ran into so many players who dont need to move because they have great tactics, strategy, and placement over a lot of people.

Maybe you need to play a little more in real life. Watching professionals play all the time and comparing them to the rest of us is just unrealistic. They have to have every attribute to be hightened to compete at the world-class level. But i guess that stuff isn't always clear if youre still a beginner leveled player.
esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 8:00pm
I was going to say something about how you move away from the table rather quickly but then realized it seems to work with that opponent so you were maybe just doing it in that situation. If I saw my opponent backing off the table that quickly I would take a few of his lobs quicker off the bounce and work him from side to side.
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 8:27pm
One thing I noticed is that you do not smash the ball with the forehand when you have the chance, even when really high, for almost certain winners. Are you going easy with your opponent?
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
77g33k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77g33k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 8:35pm

Has MOL got liXiao's password?
Messing opponents with their own spins.
----------------------------------------------------
Main:
Sunflex Pro
Rubbers:Focus III/Nitakku Express

Back-up:
Globe Whirlwind
Rubbers:Palio CJ8000/DHS 652
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 8:36pm
is this really practice? Looks like you are just playing around. Also you are bowling with your forehand.
salsaking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 8:42pm
Yeah, your style looks relatively effortless - nice BHs off push. Your practice partner there looks much more intense.....

The other thing I noticed was the loud click of your partner's racket - what does he use??
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 8:55pm
In any sport, when you stop moving your opponent can beat you. Thats true in any racket sport. Be it tennis, squash, table tennis, badminton, etc etc. You watcht the pros play they are always moving. Take Ma Lin for example.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 8:57pm
And either way fitness is an issue.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:02pm
good work guys ...your games are looking good .

the one thing i noticed was just that your arm looks to be really extended strait when u hit your FH loop....but at the same time it really looks like u use a lot of wrist action

keep up the good work

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:05pm

In any sport, when you stop moving your opponent can beat you. Thats true in any racket sport. Be it tennis, squash, table tennis, badminton, etc etc. You watcht the pros play they are always moving. Take Ma Lin for example.

Right LiXiao, we have heard you, now get back to watching some more pro vids and dreaming.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by salsaking salsaking wrote:

Yeah, your style looks relatively effortless - nice BHs off push. Your practice partner there looks much more intense.....

The other thing I noticed was the loud click of your partner's racket - what does he use??

He has Express (don't know which number) on FH and Tenergy on BH. He is really unhappy with the Express.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by dimitris dimitris wrote:

One thing I noticed is that you do not smash the ball with the forehand when you have the chance, even when really high, for almost certain winners. Are you going easy with your opponent?
I don't smash that often, looping is more fun. I was trying to keep the rallies going longer too.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:11pm
Nice , stable,smooth. I like your shots......., but I wonder why did you have to step back so far? Is it because you were enjoying playing like this that very moment, or it is your style? More experienced, or faster player would take a quick advantage of such a situation
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Nice , stable,smooth. I like your shots......., but I wonder why did you have to step back so far? Is it because you were enjoying playing like this that very moment, or it is your style? More experienced, or faster player would take a quick advantage of such a situation

I usually go to the table with Plan A - blitz people off with a heavy topspin loop and spinny blocks (to either side) after a chop or float serve or Plan B - back off and chase down everything looping it back to the corners.

You would be surprised how many faster, more experienced players can't take advantage when I am away from the table. I have very good anticipation and can actually move very fast considering my size when I need to. It isn't too long since I beat a player in the top 15 in England at a Grand Prix tournament using just this tactic and I am a better player now than I was then.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:29pm

Right LiXiao, we have heard you, now get back to watching some more pro vids and dreaming.

How can you deny that. Watching the pros makes you better. Otherwise why would training videos be made. So i guess you can go back to doing nothing when playing and just not learn.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:33pm
sorry but he would smoke you lixiao, imho hes somewhere in the 21-2300 range
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:37pm

How can you deny that. Watching the pros makes you better. Otherwise why would training videos be made. So i guess you can go back to doing nothing when playing and just not learn.

Training vids are made so noobs like you can buy them and dream. You have to reach a certain level before you should be trying to copy the pro's. you would be better finding someone reasonable at your local club and asking them for a few tips.

Just put a link on to your vid LiXiao then we can all have a laugh.LOL
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

sorry but he would smoke you lixiao, imho hes somewhere in the 21-2300 range

Hard to say from one vid, but I was thinking 2300 at least. Power, consistency, anticipation, and touch; that's a lot of goodies in his bag!
YEO

Boost TP
le xex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le xex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:45pm
just curious, what rubber and blade were you using?
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 9:47pm
I use a Galaxy T-4, with LKT Rapid Sound. It seems to be the best combination so far for me, I have never felt so happy with a bat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic