FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

A Bit More Of Me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:45pm
I see.  What are your guys game records against each other?  It seems like you probably would often outplay Iqbar with your control and placement.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Sponsored Links

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:48pm
lil  Wink  same to you! 

DTopSpirit..... thanks for your efforts and work to help so many with this fun sport! 

MildSeven...your name dosnt fit you well my friend.  lol   (sarcasim)  I think it's just that alot here are tired of the way liXiao comes across as being naive and  seemingly notti.  But then he proves them right when he replys in regards to being called out on it.  He points out the obvious as most kids do. Yes he is a child, hopefully his common sense will develop sooner than later.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

I see.  What are your guys game records against each other?  It seems like you probably would often outplay Iqbar with your control and placement.
I have never lost to him in a competitive match. He takes some games in practice and sometimes it is even. For me though practice never seems like the real thing and no matter how I try to focus I never play like I do in a proper match. The camera does help to focus me a little too. Normally I tend to do much more lobbing and just keeping the ball in play in practice and a bit less positive play at the table.
DTopSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

lil  Wink  same to you! 

DTopSpirit..... thanks for your efforts and work to help so many with this fun sport! 

MildSeven...your name dosnt fit you well my friend.  lol   (sarcasim)  I think it's just that alot here are tired of the way liXiao comes across as being naive and  seemingly notti.  But then he proves them right when he replys in regards to being called out on it.  He points out the obvious as most kids do. Yes he is a child, hopefully his common sense will develop sooner than later.

Thank you, and well put. Am going back to shutting up now. Tongue
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 5:51pm
Ive always wanted to record a video of myself, but I dont have any form of recording device, Nor do I have a suitable hitting partner to pla with, there are some kids at my school but most are easy to beat =/
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

lol I have video of me on saturday playing the Iowa Games. In my RR for age division, i drew the best player in iowa who is a 2300 level player from india. I could post that video! but it would probably make us both look horrible! haha.

I did get two flip winners on his serves in the match though.. made me feel great! It's the first time i got to see myself on video, and It REALLY opened my eyes to how bad I am lol. I never knew seeing yourself could help your game so much though.. I see so much I do wrong and now know what to fix.

Post the video!Clap
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:07pm
JKC might not be the fittest person outthere, but so what? You've got to play to your strengths and work with what you've got, and JKC does a good job at it judging by that video.
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:13pm
But arent you only as strong as your weakest link, and you can never say so what to the weakest part of your game.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:19pm
You are as strong as your weakest link if you allow your opponent to attack that link.
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:15pm
I enjoyed watching. I am 17 but I am actually a year away from becoming a certified coach in the US and have been coaching beside my coach for a couple of years and my advice would to learn to use your body for its own benefits and advantages. If you can learn to shift your body weight from your back foot to your front foot while leaning in to the ball you will have great power. Learn to bend Your knees a bit and exaggerate the salute on your forehand. You don't need to be in the best shape to be play well to. I have seen a guy much larger than you who was 2300.(US) Keep up the practice and try to keep some of that in mind. I promise it will help.
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

You are as strong as your weakest link if you allow your opponent to attack that link.
Well then your opponent must not have been that smart if he missed the obvious.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 10:53pm
Wow am I behind in reading.  I read about the first 40 posts and hoped that was enough. 

Juan King Carlo!  You're pretty good!  I don't know if it matters to you, but if it does, you're stroke could use some work. I'm sure you've heard that.  Once you get into the 2200-2500 I'm guessing, that the stroke will start to hold you back.  Backhand and forehand are both POWERFUL and you can flip using both!  Sweet! 

Don't listen to certain people talk about your weight, it affects your play at higher levels, but not that big of a deal.  ESPECIALLY now, at your level.  It's not about the size you are, it's about your speed and how well you move! :)

Another thing I noticed, LIXIAO!  lol  Dude LiXiao can you post ONE thing with out pissing someone off or offending someone????  I've never met you, I know, but over the internet, I can personally say that I just don't like you.  (Not an insult.  So everyone, don't go turning this into a big thing )  Just how I feel.   And I also have a feeling I'm not alone.

-Swiff!!!  :)
Valerikim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valerikim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I am 976 usatt, I have played, ONE MATCH. I would be alot higher if there was at least one tourney near me.

Blade: Butterfly Jun Mizutani
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 black
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 red
Glue: Tear Mender
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 11:40pm
Nice vid JKC!!!

I really enjoy playing people like JKC: all round players who can do about everything including top spinning/looping from both wings any kind of balls, chop, hit... The player I see on the video can do that consistently, serves and returns serves and bh loops over the table when returning serves to take initiative and advantage back from serving oponent.
I am no expert but I'd say in the clubs around Seattle he would win anybody up to 2000 anytime and would have a win sometimes on a good day against 2000 to 2100 players. Over 2100 he would need to be in a very good day with the other in a pretty bad one...
So he has the level of an usatt 2000 expert and people generally compare that expert level to black belt in martial arts, where everything really starts...

Forum member Valerikim will tell you more about what his level would be around Seattle (?)
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 3:51am
Swiffers, I don't listen to talk about my weight. I was quite a bit lighter about 15 months ago and playing worse than now. It is more in the mind with me.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 6:26am
I don't think you should lose any weight JKC..
I think your weight is fine, plus you can also hide your serve better with your current weight.. LOL

I especially like your FH loop, it dips low over the net. I imagine it would be very hard to hit a strong re-loop pass you if someone backs up from the table.. If I play you, I probably will try to stay close to the table as much as i can..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 6:30am

LiXiao, until JKC gets to the really elite level, like top 25 in his country, his weight isn't such a factor as much as the rest of his game. Weight and fitness are two different things. Weight is being heavy and is composition is measured in both body fat and muscle mass. Fit is being able to cope with physical (and mental as well) demands for the situation. For his level, JKC is easily fit enough - probably fitter than most of his opponents. Some jokers look at me and my age and aren't worried about me in basketball, that is until I get most of the rebounds, make a lot of assists, hustle my ass off, have my way inside scoring, and on the open court as well as lockdown my opponent. Being a little lighter isn't so important until you reach the highest levels. Appearances can be deceptive. I personally like it when someone takes me for granted. It makes my task easier.

Dude, just about every digital camera made since 5 years ago can take at least 3 minutes of 320x30 vid, which is average youtube stuff. New, you can get 'em for $100 and way cheaper used. If you postpone buying one sheet of Tenergy, you can easily get a used digicam from ebay or somewhere, get a $10 or less 2GB SD Ram card (or whatever your camera takes) and a $14 collapsable tripod from Walmart. You can easily outfit yourself for under $100 USD and put up your vids, because you already have an internet connection, probably broadband. Youtube and Veoh accounts are free. Windows Movie Maker is free software that comes with Windows on every laptop and PC. Most PCs/Laptops can read SC cards or you can use USB cable. It is all very easy to do and low cost, most of it just in getting equipment.

You don't even need opponents to make some vids of your strokes - you could drop a ball off the floor and loop it. Serves are the best thing to vid alone. You post your serves in a vid on the forums and you are GUARENTEED to get comments. You'll like some and not others. Either way, if you do it and take advice (a lot of the forumers either know more than us or can still point out something to help or share something to motivate us) you will CERTAINLY improve in all the areas you ask for comments. At USATT 1000, you will certaily benefit from it. Some of my friends on other forums are USATT 2200 level and still ask for help to point stuff out.

Give posting a few strokes and serves a shot LiXiao. You obviously have a lot of love for TT and want to get better. Try it out. Although I am among the most cynical humans on this planet, I promise keep it professional in any comments I make towards your performance in your vids. A lot of people are afraid to show themselves to the forum mates. You are not among that number. Give it a shot guy.

I asked LiXiao in particular to make some vids, but anyone who does it can benefit. You just gotta be level headed like JKC to accept what follows and make something from it.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Valerikim Valerikim wrote:

I am 976 usatt, I have played, ONE MATCH. I would be alot higher if there was at least one tourney near me.

Chinese name?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Valerikim Valerikim wrote:

That is the MD Circuit tourney near Baltimore. That club at the shopping center runs at least two tournies a month! There are a LOT of clubs in the Washington DC and Baltimore area (Club Joola, MDTTC, MDTTA, Potomic, and Gunston just two name several) and minimum two or three tournies a month going on there. Now I don't live there, but visited for a few weeks. I played once in the Giant Round Robin at the same club. If Li lives within an hour or two of Balt/DC, then he can do a tourney pretty much anytime. If that is him, I will hold off making comments until I see some more match results. It is too easy for someone to be under rated and it takes a few tournies for the ratings to reflect the level of the player. Even with that, someone could be quickly improving. It happens a lot, so I will hold out until I see some more match results. Could also be that Li was just visiting as well and took advantage of doing a tourney. He picked a good place to do it though. Lots of good folk in those parts and several forum members who do tournies at that venue.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 8:35am
 Swiffers,as moderator you openly  confess your personal dislike for another forum member.This is not good. If the forum member was to get banned /suspended for whatever reason.you cant blame any one for assuming that your personal biased feelings had a hand in that decision. even though it might not be so..  just saying
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 9:11am
Originally posted by jossix jossix wrote:

Swiffers,as moderator you openly  confess your personal dislike for another forum member.This is not good. If the forum member was to get banned /suspended for whatever reason.you cant blame any one for assuming that your personal biased feelings had a hand in that decision. even though it might not be so..  just saying

I would say (only as a member) +1 if I did not know that they are about the same age. When you are around 20yo "I don't like you" is not nearly as powerful as "I could ban you".
However I agree with you jossix that we should always act and communicate on the forum as ageless people, assuming that the other can be 12yo or 90yo, making sure postings do not affect the feelings of either. But how would you know at 16yo never to hurt a 40yo by making innocent remarks on his fitness? maybe by reading in between lines of people's reactions .
Frankly I do not have any problem with LiXiao I think his insolence is one of the charms of teenage and that he does not mean to hurt. Just give him time to learn how to adapt his language so slowly he does not make people have hissy fits. I have to say that his talent to have everybody just go off all at once just amazes me (and amuses me too I confess). 
Francois Mitterrand (funny and smart french President 1981-1995 who abolished death penalty, gave retirement to 60yo and created the 'very big library') used to say "We need to give time to time". I think that was the funniest political statement ever but it definitely applies here.
Anyway this is theman's territory and I just gave my view as a member.
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 9:29am

Nice fatt Thumbs%20Up

IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 10:03am
great stuff fatt- we should expect this balanced approach from all moderators..
Low Tek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Low Tek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 10:03am

Having been a moderator on several forums, I can honestly say that I hated comments like that. People often think that once you gain moderator status that you have been elevated to some sort of demi-god status where you can never have an opinion or speak negatively about a topic of interest. Yeah Swiffers is a mod, but he's STILL a member too. Just because he has responsibilities on this site doesn't mean he has to stop posting.

And honestly, his opinion was very well stated. I didn't see any insults or venom in his post. LiXiao, whether you mean it or not, you come off very brunt and often harsh in your criticisms of other members. It doesn't seem to matter if its about a posted video or an opinion on someone's favorite player, you voice your opinion and don't seem to care what anyone else thinks. Like I said, whether its intentional or not, that is how people view you on this forum and only you can change that (unless you enjoy the negative attention).

As for Juan King Carlo, great vid. Do you have any videos of you playing other players? It seems like you have your friend Iqbal's game pretty much figured out. I'd love to see you against another style.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 10:23am

again i was not moderating anything here...Wink

about the quote :"we need to give time to time": I realize it has a double sense in English and that it may mean "we need to be generous sometimes" and that was not the meaning. The true meaning was "We need to be patient" or (funnier) "We need to give a chance to time to let things happen".
I am glad I had an opportunity to talk about that funny piece of history of French politics.

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Low Tek Low Tek wrote:

As for Juan King Carlo, great vid. Do you have any videos of you playing other players? It seems like you have your friend Iqbal's game pretty much figured out. I'd love to see you against another style.
I have a few older ones of matches but these are all on video and I don't have the technology to transfer them at the moment. I am hopeful that I will get a few vids at my next British League weekend in 3 weeks and if the orders of players in the teams works out I should be playing wiggy (an infamous member of a few forums for those of you who don't go on any others) and hopefully his mate who is a pretty good chopper. I will post the vids on here of course even though one of the first five posts in the thread is likely to be LiXiao commenting on my lack of fitness.
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

again i was not moderating anything here...Wink

about the quote :"we need to give time to time": I realize it has a double sense in English and that it may mean "we need to be generous sometimes" and that was not the meaning. The true meaning was "We need to be patient" or (funnier) "We need to give a chance to time to let things happen".
I am glad I had an opportunity to talk about that funny piece of history of French politics.

Hehehe that's right all moderators should be treated like forum members foremost and moderators when they need too..

Ginko

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 2:33am

That's right, I don't want to be thought of differently being mod.  I feel and post the same as before.  Actually the ONLY thing different is that I can help out.  I did not insult LiXiao in any way or call him a name.  Nor did I post a rude comment or reply. 

Opinions are open on this forum, I don't like him the way I don't like certain TT brands, rubbers or equipments.  I don't like him the way I don't like headlice.  ...  or germs.  w/e
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 3:53am
I asked valerikim today and he said jkc is around 2200, underlining a good touch. I bet i got confused by the video showing people a bit under their level as we spoke earlier this month.
Next time I'll add 10% to whatever I think the person's rating is when I see a video.

IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 4:04am
True. When I watch myself on tape it makes me wanna poke my eyes out. I always go like "OMG how can this guy be playing the same league as myself and even have the same W/L ratio as me!!"  LOL
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic