FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

LKT Rapid Soft Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LKT Rapid Soft Review
    Posted: 10/07/2009 at 7:48am
I bought a replacement for my mendo rubber in the bh since i didnt like the rubber because i always preferred soft rubbers in my bh. since i dont have enough to spare for an innova ultralight i decided to take an lkt rapid soft rubber. the rubber out of the package was a bit tacky (red 2.2mm). when i bounced the ball after gluing it to my donic epox offensiv blade the ball doesnt bounce too much and it stays on the rubber due to its tackiness. what i had to do to remove its tackiness was to rub it with my sweaty palm and then clean it with water using a wet cotton so it removed most of the tackiness before i started doing drills with it. the sponge is a yellow sponge definitely the same with that of an LKT XT pro rubber but softer more like 37-38 degrees for me. the topsheet quality is good thoug hthe markings and logo could have been better if they dont take too much space on the rubber surface. the weight of the rubber for a chinese rubber is definitely lighter than a 729 higher or faster but heavier than a geospin rubber.
i did my bh to bh drills wit hthis rubber and its bouncy enough but you cant consider this as an off- rubber rather an all+ speed. smashing isnt one of its strenghts. the rubber produces a high arc upon bh loops and the control is very evident. blocking and serving are also good this this rubber since it has the control to block incoming loops or produce spinny serves. the one thing i dont like is that you have to actively brush the ball sometimes if you are doing rallies near the table because it has the tendency to hit the net unlike euro/jpn rubbers.
overall i would recommend this rubber to beginners and intermediate players alike. also if you are a defensive player this rubber is also good for you.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

praywin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote praywin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2009 at 10:07am
I have LKT Rapid Soft as my backhand rubber and I have the same observation. You have to play with a slightly open angle when close to the table or it goes in the net more than other rubbers but the good thing is even with the open angle it doesn't sit up for an easy kill. The rubber is at it's best a step or two away from the table, lot of control on blocks and loops. It is also good for the odd defensive chop away from the table. So as you said, good rubber if you like to play a controlled game on the backhand side.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2009 at 11:55am
It also depends on your blade. If you are using a soft or medium stiffness blade  then you do indeed need to apply a bit more power if you need to hit with Rapid Soft from 2-3 steps away. But on a stiffer blade it plays just fine and also produces very good blocks and pushes/flips etc.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2009 at 1:12pm
I've used it on an Offensive NCT  on FH and I didn't like it.Lacks of power and speed.On Bh was a little better ,good control.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2009 at 2:35pm
I agree that it is much better as a BH rubber - for most players, at least.

abshadow15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 6:25am
@yogi_bear

are you planning to sell it someday?just contact me.
CURRENT SET-UP:
blade: Donic Black Devil
FH: BWII
BH: Sriver L
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 10:20am
nope. id rather give it to a kid im trying to help get better in our club

i think if you pair the lkt soft with a fast blade like a carbon blade the speed and power will be compensated at the same time the control and spin are still there
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 12:09pm
I am not sure about that - I put LKT R-Soft on Galaxy T-4. The result is so bouncy that you are virtually unable to play at the net...

abshadow15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 10:29am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

nope. id rather give it to a kid im trying to help get better in our club

i think if you pair the lkt soft with a fast blade like a carbon blade the speed and power will be compensated at the same time the control and spin are still there

I'm just kdding. I don't want soft rubbers anymore. maybe a med-soft sponge on BH.
CURRENT SET-UP:
blade: Donic Black Devil
FH: BWII
BH: Sriver L
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic