FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review : H3 Neo National Blue Sponge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review : H3 Neo National Blue Sponge
    Posted: 03/03/2010 at 1:05am
It's 39 deg hardness, 2.10 mm sponge Thickness.
I glue to my Hking 655 ST with 4 layers of Haifu Water based glue on the rubber and 1 layer on the blade.

Before I play with it, I stick transparent plastic sheet for OHP on it and on my Hexer. When I try to bounce the ball on H3N Blue Sponge and Hexer (with plastic OHP sticking on both rubber) I found that the height of the bounce between H3N Blue sponge and Hexer sponge has the same bounciness.

Means that the sponge are nearly as fast as hexer sponge.
But when I open the plastic cover, H3N blue sponge becomes slower because of the tackiness of the top sheet is more tacky than Hexer top sheeet.

When I hit the ball on the wall I can feel that the sponge is similar to hard japanese rubber, doesn't feel like chinese rubber at all, very bouncy and doesn't have cracking sound when I hit hard.

I tried to hit one session on Friday, It doesn't take long time to break in.
But previously I already clean the top sheet with water to reduce the stickiness of the top sheet.

Blocking:
Not like H3 Provincial/ Neo Provincial which can't do passive block, H3N blue sponge can!!! No need to do active follow through block and the blocking speed is almost as fast as using japan/euro rubber. But I found Blocking with Tenergy has faster return block than H3N Blue Sponge.
Defending against powerfull smash is easier, other wise if I'm using Provincial, most of my block goes to net.

Looping:
I never tried National rubber before, only Provincial rubber. I can understand why Chinese National Player can do such a powerfull loop with less effort than me. First I thought they have better skill and do weight lifting to be able to do such a powerful loop. But the reality is their rubber is much better than the provincial!!!
With the same amount of power, my loop is much more deadly than I'm using Provincial rubber.
Looping underspin ball is very easy to do. Loop not so heavy underspin ball with this rubber is just awsome, after landing on opponents table, it kicks really hard that opponent can't block at all, flies everywhere because of the huge amount of spin.

Counterlooping:
Never had this experience before, No need lot of strength to counterloop from mid table with H3N Blue sponge, Nice to control, has a really good bite of the ball when counterlooping.
Feel as fast as japan rubber but with sticky topsheet.
I win most of my points with counterlooping from away from the table.

Shortgame and Serve:
Since the sponge is more bouncy than provincial, It takes a while to adjust the amount of power when doing pushing and shortgame.
Serve with H3N National Blue sponge needs adjustment since the sponge is bouncy,  It takes several try to do a spiny under spin ball.

Smashing:
Much much better than any H3 I've tried. But still can't match Japan/Euro rubber for speed because of the tacky top sheet but it's the best among H3.

Overall This rubber is the best H3 so far I've tried, infact the best rubber I've tried and also the most expensive rubber I've ever tried.
It outclass H3 Neo Provincial in every aspect of it. Spin, Speed. It takes time get used to the speed and spin of H3N Blue Sponge, so only the control which is lack from H3 Neo Provincial. But this is not a big problem, once You're get used to it, You can unleashed the true power of H3 National.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

timtabletennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timtabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 1:38am

IF you can tell us how much is the price and where you get it from. It would be greatly appreciate. I'm sure everyone wants to know as much as me.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 1:47am
Originally posted by timtabletennis timtabletennis wrote:

IF you can tell us how much is the price and where you get it from. It would be greatly appreciate. I'm sure everyone wants to know as much as me.

I got it from george hong for 95usd+ shipping. i also got the hk655 st and the hurricane 3 national from him along with t-shirts and stuff.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 2:10am

nice review.. how is the weight of it compare to other h3? and tg3?

if u play before.. thank..

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 7:31am
My total setup is 186 gr.
Blade is 92 gr. Rubber 94 gr. It has almost the same weight as hexer. around 46-47 gr cut with Hking 655 Head size with 4 layer of Haifu waterbased glue.
I think the orange sponge is heavier than the blue, since the blue sponge has bigger pores than the orange.
Haven't tried TG3 before....

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

2010osm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2010osm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 7:44am
Have you weigh the blue NEO uncut?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 7:58am
Originally posted by 2010osm 2010osm wrote:

Have you weigh the blue NEO uncut?

No, I haven't. The white package H3 National old version 40 deg 2.15 mm weight 63 and 65 gr uncut. Probably the blue is lighter since the sponge is thinner and the pores is bigger which effect the mass and weight of the rubber.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 7:12am
Are you saying that the H3 Neo National was $95 + shipping?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by wfwfitz wfwfitz wrote:

H3 Neo National Blue sponge is 95 usd + Shipping

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Originally posted by wfwfitz wfwfitz wrote:

H3 Neo National Blue sponge is 95 usd + Shipping

I paid about the same: $90 (U.S.) plus shipping.

I don't think there is a "standard" price for this rubber, since it's technically not for sale to the public. Those who sell it could ask for whatever price they wanted, in reality. $5.00 or $5000.00. For consumers who don't care, they obviously would not sell it at a high price. But there are those who are intrigued/excited by the opportunity to play with the same rubber the pros use. As DHS does not, and probably will not ever offer this rubber for sale to the public, when a sheet of DHS National quality rubber presents itself for sale then it's a rare opportunity... for those who give a crap. Wink (Me being one of those poor suckers.) LOL

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 9:26pm
Anton, you finally buy it? You said it's too pricey this rubber LOL
Or I'm the one who guilty influencing you Wink
let me know how it plays...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

SLee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 10:22pm
would there be a difference in sponge of the regular NEO national H3 as opposed to the NEO National blue sponge H3?

USATT Rating: 2054

YEO CPen
FH: H3 NEO
BH: Express Xplode
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by SLee SLee wrote:

would there be a difference in sponge of the regular NEO national H3 as opposed to the NEO National blue sponge H3?

Haven't tried the orange sponge National Neo H3. But compared to orange sponge National Old H3, the blue sponge is Softer, Bouncier.
It's easier to loop with the blue sponge compared to Orange.

Chinese player who use Orange sponge: Ma Lin, Ma Long
Chinese player who use Blue sponge: Wang Liqin, Zhang Jike
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 3:17am

Anton, you finally buy it? You said it's too pricey this rubber LOL
Or I'm the one who guilty influencing you Wink
let me know how it plays...

Yeah... I broke down and purchased a piece. Embarrassed

I'm under the understanding that the blue sponge is meant to be tuned. I've only been playing table tennis for ~2.5 years, so I have never speed-glued or tuned anything. However, I purchased some Haifu speed glue to try it out some day.

Do you recommend "tuning" the blue sponge with the Haifu speed glue?

If not, what product do you recommend I use to tune this rubber?

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 4:01am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Yeah... I broke down and purchased a piece. Embarrassed

I'm under the understanding that the blue sponge is meant to be tuned. I've only been playing table tennis for ~2.5 years, so I have never speed-glued or tuned anything. However, I purchased some Haifu speed glue to try it out some day.

Do you recommend "tuning" the blue sponge with the Haifu speed glue?

If not, what product do you recommend I use to tune this rubber?

Well The Neo rubbers is not recomended to tuned with speed glue. It's waterbase era now Wink
For me using Haifu WBG is already more than enough speed n speed.
Don't ruin your rubber!!!!! Dead

If you want to tune or speed glue, buy the old version of H3 National like mine (white package). Or Old version of H3 Blue sponge which is supposed to used speed glue.

Which blade do you want to pair it to?

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 4:04am

You paid $90 and still need tuning?! Anton, you must be some modern Pantagruel, King of the Dispodes. We are waiting to hear about your dreadful deeds and lethal exploits! Tongue

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 2:00pm
My mistake, my mistake... Embarrassed

I thought I had purchased the National Neo H3 blue sponge, but my rubbers came today and it turns out I purchased the National Neo H3 orange sponge. Oops! Well, although I'm equally excited about having access to any national rubber, I plan on contacting my source and seeing about getting a piece of the blue sponge too.

charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 11:39pm
wow! Anton... if you have both the orange sponge and blue sponge NEO national... you are in good position to do us a nice review Tongue

A detail comparison review may be quite hard to write Wink

But I think you should take your time! No point rushing just for the sake of reviewing! btw... if possible... remember to weight your uncut rubber... that's what I always do to my rubbers Smile

skyzgz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyzgz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 2:16am
keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 9:06pm
Hahha i use the Commecial version of the neo and it is superfast!!! I feel as if i can produce the speed and spin of a pro! But i am also very athletic (6'4 190lbs 11% b.f) I don't know how people can say this rubber is slow...  Or maybe its fit for more athletic people  because both my friend and I weight train and he put huge amount of speed n spin in it with ease also but he lacks consistancy and touch for the ball :/
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 9:23pm
It's just too far quality diference compared Comercial to National. Even the provincial is far behind in all aspect.
Wang Li Qin can still use provincial or commercial version of course, but in terms of equipment advantage, he already lost to his compatriot who use national version.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 9:41pm
oh please.....dont tempt me for nat H3 NEO...peter
this prov H3 NEO is already so good compared to commercial!!
CryCry

It's just too far quality diference compared Comercial to National. Even the provincial is far behind in all aspect.
Wang Li Qin can still use provincial or commercial version of course, but in terms of equipment advantage, he already lost to his compatriot who use national version.
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by mcd0nald mcd0nald wrote:

CryCry

LOLLOLLOL

Yes, National is much better than Provincial, just like Provincial compared to Commercial Wink

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 12:11am
...when are you going to get bored with that???
please PM me right away!!!AngryAngry, i reserved itLOLLOL

CryCry

LOLLOLLOL

Yes, National is much better than Provincial, just like Provincial compared to Commercial Wink

Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
JoeMarioZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMarioZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 3:17pm
would this blade go well with tenergy 64 rubber?
Hurricane King III -Blade
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo - Rubber FH
Xiom Vega Pro - Rubber BH

JoeMarioZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMarioZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 3:18pm

...when are you going to get bored with that???

please PM me right away!!!AngryAngry, i reserved itLOLLOL

CryCry

LOLLOLLOLYes, National is much better than Provincial, just like Provincial compared to Commercial Wink

Hey, how well does this XIOM vega BH rubber work?

JoeMarioZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMarioZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 7:32pm
how much do you think national H3N would last?

JoeMarioZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMarioZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 7:39pm

CryCry

LOLLOLLOLYes, National is much better than Provincial, just like Provincial compared to Commercial Wink

Hey, I was wondering if H3N national or province for that matter looses is grip or tackiness as fast as a tenergy 64. Why do yhey say is is a different kind of grip or tackiness these rubbers have?

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 7:47pm

Nope, as long as you take care of it it'll stay tacky for a pretty long time.

Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
JoeMarioZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMarioZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Rack Rack wrote:

Nope, as long as you take care of it it'll stay tacky for a pretty long time.

What is the best cleaner for these rubber?

What do you mean in your signature: custom tuned?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic