FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

whats wrong with this FH loop ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 12:49pm
Hopping?
The Older I get, The better I was.
Sponsored Links

razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

I'll agree that your swing is a bit big, but it only needs to be a bit shorter.  And yes your follow through is slightly too big; try to keep the blade from passing the right side of your face.  The main reasons why you have these problem seems to be an issue in being able to get power from your stroke.  It actually looks like you're using more effort than you should be but the output isn't quite there.  This is from your lack of body rotation which is also directly caused by your right leg.

Come to think of it, you seem to see all your own problems Clap

What kind of rubber are you using on fh?  I'd need to know in order to adjust your stroke appropriately to get the most power out of the rubber.

I was using BTY T64 FH(normally i have t05 as FH, during taping, i was using t64 just for fun) , and I felt you hit on something that I felt for a while. A lot of effort, but the output wasn't quite there.

1) Back swing too much
2) Lethargic right foot
3) Follow through is too much, need to keep it short
4) Waist rotation problem
5) Less foot hopping

Feedback

fastpaddle.com
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Thats easy to correct your problem!    Get rid of that music......lol 

Actually looks good.  

Sorry I was playing with the "audio swap" feature in youtube, but didn't know its a permanent thing.
Feedback

fastpaddle.com
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 11:05am
theres quite many points to talk about..........

basically, the foot should not be hopping
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 9:19am
I'll agree that your swing is a bit big, but it only needs to be a bit shorter.  And yes your follow through is slightly too big; try to keep the blade from passing the right side of your face.  The main reasons why you have these problem seems to be an issue in being able to get power from your stroke.  It actually looks like you're using more effort than you should be but the output isn't quite there.  This is from your lack of body rotation which is also directly caused by your right leg.

Come to think of it, you seem to see all your own problems Clap

What kind of rubber are you using on fh?  I'd need to know in order to adjust your stroke appropriately to get the most power out of the rubber.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 9:07am
Thats easy to correct your problem!    Get rid of that music......lol 

Actually looks good.  
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 7:36am
I do not find anything wrong with your stroke, or form either.   You just need to get ready for the next ball after each stroke.   Look like wait and only pull back when the next ball comes.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 6:33am
Nothing. I'm sure it will develop into a well defined asset to your game as it progresses. You could squeeze yrself some extra time by recovering instantly instead of in sync with the rally tempo.
The Older I get, The better I was.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 3:25am
arm swing is not consistent. you basically lose form in a couple of your shots. body turn isn't full yet but you're not going 100% on those loops so i don't expect full body rotation.

you're pretty light on your feet which is good. you are right about the backswing being too long. but i could care less about the follow through. in fact the follow through ensures that you have proper impact on the ball. plus it forces you to recover faster =).
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 3:19am
You are a little too front on. You should be looking (with your eyes) to the wall to your right. Then the angle will be more correct.
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 3:02am

Here's I think whats need to be improved
1) Back swing too much
2) Lethargic right foot
3) Follow through is too much, need to keep it short

Any more ? Dead

Feedback

fastpaddle.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic