Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dr_stalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 4:59am
It seems to me - black rubber is not Grip-S Europe. Sponge looks like Tenergy sponge.
Blade: BUTTERFLY M.Maze OFF
FH: BUTTERFLY Tenergy 05 2,1
BH: NITTAKU Flyatt Hard super thick
Sponsored Links

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 5:01am
sponge got same color as new haïfu version...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 7:27am
Grip S Europe - red sponge
Grip S Europe Soft - pink sponge
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Li Jiawei switched to Haifu. It looks as if she's using shark as well (shark has that same color sponge as dolphin/penguin). I think she switched to a stiga blade? I saw the clear lens, so that is what makes me come to such a conclusion. 

how can  you tell is dolphin and not penguin?

yeah that's definitely Haifu Dolphin.

My argument to the shark guess though is that if she's going to use shark, it will be shark 3 and shark 3 has a pink sponge.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 11:00pm
based on the layout of the pips above the logo, I've used both Dolphin and Penguin, and that is the stamp of dolphin. I'm 100% sure.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 1:17am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

based on the layout of the pips above the logo, I've used both Dolphin and Penguin, and that is the stamp of dolphin. I'm 100% sure.

are they too different? please write a little review
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 10:49am
Did anyone already posted this?

http://www.tt-ua.com/index.php?fuseaction=pages.getArticle&Id=82&article=966#

This shows in pretty good quality the blades of all the semifinalists of China Open 2011 - taken at racket control.

WLQ plays with Rosewood NCT V !!??

Wang Hao uses regular Sriver on BH????

Ma Lin has a Bryce or smth similar on BH??? Live and learn...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Did anyone already posted this?

http://www.tt-ua.com/index.php?fuseaction=pages.getArticle&Id=82&article=966#

This shows in pretty good quality the blades of all the semifinalists of China Open 2011 - taken at racket control.

WLQ plays with Rosewood NCT V !!??

Wang Hao uses regular Sriver on BH????

Ma Lin has a Bryce or smth similar on BH??? Live and learn...

Yep, go back a few pages you will find discussion about these photos. Wang Hao only uses Sriver topsheet. The sponge is white color, so its probably Bryce Speed sponge.
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

I want to know more about Arai Shu and what his current equipment might be!

I would love a video as well!

He retired years ago. What I posted was his last equipment set up. 

Here he is against Chang Yan Shu of Taiwan. 

I have a lot of old japanese player's equipment. 

Have any video's of Mizuno Yuya
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 5:11pm

Just uploaded this to my youtube account. I hope you check out my other videos (I've been posting a lot more since I learned how to download off of nicovideo, so I have a lot of nice rare videos for your viewing pleasure. 

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 5:49pm

Just uploaded this to my youtube account. I hope you check out my other videos (I've been posting a lot more since I learned how to download off of nicovideo, so I have a lot of nice rare videos for your viewing pleasure. 

I will subscribe!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 1:55am

right name: zhang yuen su
Speedster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 2:21am
You can watch Mizuno's forehand loop instruction in Tokyo Art's basic training video. The guy in the white shirt is him. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQgV9Yv3XM

Edited by Speedster - 07/22/2011 at 2:22am
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2011 at 6:48pm
is this persson's paddle?

http://temp2.fotop.net/albums2/rxng/cntt/20091915302075938_G.jpg
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2011 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

yes, clipper with donic handle..check the rubber overhang
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

yes, clipper with donic handle..check the rubber overhang

they said he was using persson powerplay....
I guess it's not so easy to disguise a clipper LOL

Edited by sa01 - 07/25/2011 at 10:46pm
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 3:14am
new handle and edgetape...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Rizzelet View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizzelet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 9:42am

Tanioka Ayuka (谷岡あゆか)

She's a junior defensive player from Japan and I was just curious about whether she uses short or long pips on her backhand. I can't really tell from the above picture and it's the most detailed one I could find of her backhand rubber. I'm pretty sure she uses the Matsush*ta Pro Model blade (via a Thai website) and I'm much less interested in what she's using on her forehand.

If someone here has any more information on this gal, I would love to hear it.

Edited by Rizzelet - 07/26/2011 at 9:44am
GALAXY Moon
BUTTERFLY Defense Pro
DHS C&F III
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 2:55pm
  any body know what happened to a former chinese player wang yonggang that used to play in japan?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 5:57pm

any body know what happened to a former chinese player wang yonggang that used to play in japan?

bbkon, do you know the characters for his name? I know of a few male penholders (all chinese) that played in Japan during the early 2000s (all single sided, short pips)
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Rizzelet Rizzelet wrote:

Tanioka Ayuka (谷岡あゆか)

She's a junior defensive player from Japan and I was just curious about whether she uses short or long pips on her backhand. I can't really tell from the above picture and it's the most detailed one I could find of her backhand rubber. I'm pretty sure she uses the Matsush*ta Pro Model blade (via a Thai website) and I'm much less interested in what she's using on her forehand.

If someone here has any more information on this gal, I would love to hear it.

tenergy 05, feint long III (according to Butterfly Japan)
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 2:02am

bbkon, do you know the characters for his name? I know of a few male penholders (all chinese) that played in Japan during the early 2000s (all single sided, short pips)

yes but cant write  he must be 40+, if i see the characters i can tell you
One Table Tennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Table Tennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 7:48am
Sharath Kamal - Tibhar H-3-9.

TableTennisBug.com
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 10:05am

I actually found him. He changed is name to 吉富永剛 or Yonggang Yosh*tomi (his name doesn't translate that well). His best result was in Japan was in 2004 where he reached the semifinals of the singles and doubles at the All Japan Championships. When he was still playing there were a lot of other players like him (short pips/penhold). For example Hyogo Kayama (2nd runner up in AJC, numerous times doubles finalist), Takeya Koichi (Yoshida Kaii's former team mate and doubles partner, now a huge coach in the League), Nohiro Nodai (All Japan Doubles Champion), and Isamu Ono.

Edited by liXiao - 07/27/2011 at 1:22pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
ultra2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 12:39pm
Hi,

knows someone, with which material Appelgren in the 80's and 90's?

Thanks
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 2:32pm

I actually found him. He changed is name to 吉富永剛 or Yonggang Yosh*tomi (his name doesn't translate that well). His best result was in Japan was in 2004 where he reached the semifinals of the singles and doubles at the All Japan Championships. When he was still playing there were a lot of other players like him (short pips/penhold). For example Hyogo Kayama (2nd runner up in AJC, numerous times doubles finalist), Takeya Koichi (Yoshida Kaii's former team mate and doubles partner, now a huge coach in the League), Nohiro Nodai (All Japan Doubles Champion), and Isamu Ono.

what are they using(pips) and blade?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 6:35pm

< ="utf-8">what are they using(pips) and blade?

Yonggang used Avalox blade, I know that much, not sure about his pips though. Hyogo Kayama (real name Hua Ping) used Avalox P500 and Spinpips MD when he made it to the semifinals and finals, after that though he used TSP Albored (clipper clone) and Super Spinpips. Takeya Koichi used Taksim and Spinpips MD (802-40 after they were banned), Nohiro Nodai used custom butterfly blade with Speedy PO, and Isamu Ono (who is also Chinese) used PF4 with Spinpips MD. There was also Toshio Tasaki, who has beaten Ma Lin, also Waldner if I recall correctly, used old butterfly C-Pen blade (special because it weighed at most 60g) with Original T-Version from Yasaka. Japan used to have a lot of good old penholders, granted most of them were of Chinese descent, but they made up a great portion of the player base, but now the only good one left is Yoshida, a shame really. 

Edited by liXiao - 07/27/2011 at 6:36pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 11:02pm
anybody know the equipment of qiu yike?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2011 at 12:32am

< ="utf-8">what are they using(pips) and blade?

Yonggang used Avalox blade, I know that much, not sure about his pips though. Hyogo Kayama (real name Hua Ping) used Avalox P500 and Spinpips MD when he made it to the semifinals and finals, after that though he used TSP Albored (clipper clone) and Super Spinpips. Takeya Koichi used Taksim and Spinpips MD (802-40 after they were banned), Nohiro Nodai used custom butterfly blade with Speedy PO, and Isamu Ono (who is also Chinese) used PF4 with Spinpips MD. There was also Toshio Tasaki, who has beaten Ma Lin, also Waldner if I recall correctly, used old butterfly C-Pen blade (special because it weighed at most 60g) with Original T-Version from Yasaka. Japan used to have a lot of good old penholders, granted most of them were of Chinese descent, but they made up a great portion of the player base, but now the only good one left is Yoshida, a shame really. 

awesome!!   but were they using that before the  glue ban?
Ubbser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ubbser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2011 at 8:04am
@ultra2

In the 80s and 90s Appelgren play with a normal  Appelgren Allplay and glued Donic Vario Rubbers.

I don´t know what he played bevor he moved to Donic in 1983 ( or 84 ). There are some storys that he played an old Stiga Wood.

I like Appelgren very much, his style of playing was awesome and he was verfy friendly when I met him 2 times in Sweden. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 195>
  Share Topic