Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Before & After : Forehand loop. Any better ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before & After : Forehand loop. Any better ?
    Posted: 04/18/2011 at 3:48am

Found a video from a year ago, so I decided to make a before & after .  any better ? ......Dead

Before .........
(one year ago)

After ..................

Edited by razortt - 04/18/2011 at 3:53am
Feedback

fastpaddle.com
Sponsored Links

rupertgriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupertgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 4:05am
Much better. The backswing shortened, the footwork is more pivotal rather than side to side and the bat finishes more foreward. Grats.

Things to improve on:
- The finishing position of the racquet keeps changing. This isn't that of a biggie but in the begginning of the second vid it looked much cleaner than the loops at the end. The Cleaner loops are pre 0:17 secs.
- Now that your form is good, you could maybe try to accelerate more on contact. This will give you more grip, thus more control, and more curve on your loops.

Good work.

Edited by rupertgriffin - 04/18/2011 at 4:06am
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 4:28am
Notice that some times you end close and some times opened with the face of the blade.  Those differences are old habits coming back.  Keep practicing!  Good work.

At the same time, you can try hitting a bit harder.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by rupertgriffin rupertgriffin wrote:

Much better. The backswing shortened, the footwork is more pivotal rather than side to side and the bat finishes more foreward. Grats.

Things to improve on:
- The finishing position of the racquet keeps changing. This isn't that of a biggie but in the begginning of the second vid it looked much cleaner than the loops at the end. The Cleaner loops are pre 0:17 secs.
- Now that your form is good, you could maybe try to accelerate more on contact. This will give you more grip, thus more control, and more curve on your loops.

Good work.

Good eyes on catching, after the 0:17, i was just trying to be more "snappy" on the shots, don't look quite right. Good catch.
Feedback

fastpaddle.com
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

Notice that some times you end close and some times opened with the face of the blade.  Those differences are old habits coming back.  Keep practicing!  Good work.

At the same time, you can try hitting a bit harder.

Its so true, the old habits are trying to come back so I had to conciously reminding myself not to do that. Good eyes too!!! Thanks.
Feedback

fastpaddle.com
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 1:54pm
It's probably harder to get good traction on carpet (I think its carpet??)  than on a wood floor. LOL

Edited by jt99sf - 04/18/2011 at 1:55pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 3:40pm

Yes floor is carpeted :). I will try to shoot another clip with faster stroke.
Feedback

fastpaddle.com
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2011 at 6:50pm
Two quite nice examples of a forehand DRIVE

but I wouldn't describe either of them as LOOPS because they dont have much spin.
I think your heading would be a bit confusing for noobies

Edited by pingpongpaddy - 04/20/2011 at 6:55pm
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2011 at 6:56pm
If you add a little more forearm snap to your form in the second video, you'll be golden.  Also, consider benign your knees a little more.

The fundamentals are good, however.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2011 at 6:57pm
Control of your body in the second video is much improved! Very loose and relaxed. Try to control the angle of your stroke, it changes throughout the whole stroke. Once you backswing, try to stick to one blade angle and stroke the ball. 
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2011 at 7:21pm
tbh the first video, your stroke wasn't bad at all.  the second one is very good as well.

however, judging from your second video alone, a lot of people have a great stroke when they are hitting at that speed.  Try adding power into your strokes, more spin and then see if you can still control your stroke.  that's where i see most ppl mess up, when they start trying to add power + spin and they can't do it without messing their stroke up.

basically the weight transfer and your footwork is hard to master thats all
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
vali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2011 at 7:22pm
Nope ,  the first video is better than second IMO. More fluid motion, more rounded movements , more body put into the strike . 
The second video has snappy , robotic motions . More like a fast attack short pips player.

I could say before you were like Kong, Waldner style.

After - Jiang Jialiang, Liu Guoliang style.

Edited by vali - 04/20/2011 at 7:27pm
Clipper
FH: XIOM Vega Asia , max
BH: Yasaka RAKZA7, 2.0
liberty.sky View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liberty.sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2011 at 9:02pm
2nd one is better definitely. your wrist drops too much. the arm should be relaxed, but not the wrist as much. it shouldn't be hanging bent but at most parallel to your arm. (the way you did in the beginning is good). it will raise the consistency of your shots. i couldn't see the catch net but i'm pretty sure the shots where you bent your wrist too much dropped earlier. then you compensated by using more power. 

it isn't correct there's no spin. those are low arc topspin loops.  and some shots in the 2nd had higher spin than the first. 
the ones where you finish with the racket pointing up are better in general. more closed racket face is for vs strong topspin. they tend to drop lower b/c your angle is lower. i would practice generating your own power during training.

razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2011 at 4:02pm

Thanks guys. I know I didn't add a lot of power yet, because the form tend to deform if too much power is added. Will try to add another after video (version 2) in a few months with spin and power. Thanks for your encouragement!
Feedback

fastpaddle.com
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2011 at 9:38pm
not sure without more observation...
~maybe~ not even qualified even then
Just wanted to say
Thumbs Up

Clap

Be Well & train perfectly!

NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2011 at 2:08pm
I like small arm swing better in your after clip. I assume you are using grippy rubbers for your forehand, so I think you can open your paddle a little, hit the ball into the sponge and then snap your forearm with some acceleration to control the arc. You need more forward motion, ripping the ball at top of the bounce or a little before the top. Please see this clip on Timo's forehand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEFl275tqIE&playnext=1&list=PL4B27F0A58E5EFCB3.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic