Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

[Videos] My FH & BH loop practice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
duchoangle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Videos] My FH & BH loop practice
    Posted: 08/03/2011 at 12:52am
Here are 2 clips of my recent practice session, one for forehand loop & counterloop and one for backhand loop & drive. I always feel there's something wrong with my backhand loop, but can never tell what it is; or may be just that I need to use it more. I'm the guy in jeans; feel free to comment/advise/criticize Big smile

Forehand loop & counterloop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL8SuyMMtx0

Backhand loop & drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzo5A-CRhs

Donic Epox Offensiv - Tenergy 05-FX 2.1mm (BH) - Tenergy 80 2.1mm (FH) | USATT: 1831
My Videos
Sponsored Links

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2011 at 3:21am
The clearest problem with your BH is that you're not using your waist and shoulder at all.  To launch a powerful BH loop drive, you need to lead with your shoulder and elbow, which are moved by your waist and shoulder respectively.

OTOH, while your BH shots lack power, both your FH and BH shots are very consistent, more so than mine probably!
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2011 at 7:27am
very consistent keep up the good work
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2011 at 11:15am
Your FH looks great. i don't really have a critique on it, very consistent. Your BH however looks like it's used almost as a last resort - you control the ball more than you put tons of power into it.
When doing a BH top spin I've always been taught to drop my arm lower - just above the knee level and the upper arm starts much closer to my body. As I finish the stroke the upper arm moves away from the body and the motion is kind of like throwing a frisbee. I don't turn my shoulders as I've been taught not to do this for BH at the moment. Perhaps because I do not have the needed control just yet.

I'm also suprised that you are only a 1700 player, from the video I would've guessed you were 1800-1900.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2011 at 12:59pm
the problem with the bh is that you're doing a pushing motion with it. kinda like you're opening a door.

the pivot point on your bh is your elbow. if you can remember that during your motion, the bh will be golden!
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

duchoangle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2011 at 11:31pm
Thanks guys, the BH advices are really useful; I'll be revamping my BH loop from now on.

@ gatorling: it's been a while since I played a sanctioned tournament, but match play, esp. tournament play, and practicing are 2 completely different species. Winning games requires a lot more than looping like there's no tomorrow Tongue

Edited by duchoangle - 08/03/2011 at 11:33pm
Donic Epox Offensiv - Tenergy 05-FX 2.1mm (BH) - Tenergy 80 2.1mm (FH) | USATT: 1831
My Videos
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic