Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xiom Omega IV Pro 2.0 BH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xiom Omega IV Pro 2.0 BH
    Posted: 09/08/2011 at 8:21pm
Been a while, and i was losing my EJ touch... played Palio Thors BH for about 10 months.. whooo!!

And while my BH had been stable and brush-spinny, i was not generating enough power looping low balls. So if pushed away from table on BH side i was trying to keep the ball in game with flat strokes, till i get a high ball to finish or till i am able to move to my FH.

So i was thinking of trying "something" ..... 

Omega IV europe was my first thought... but  not having played with soft rubbers for long, i was scared that my short pushes would pop up easily. and my BH serves (where i don't toss the ball too high) would lack spin. 

most of the so called BH rubbers are mid soft or soft sponged. so i was thinking of Vega Pro, or hexer, or something.

i figured O4P is an improved Vega Pro, with better durability speed and spin... but again i don't need too much speed on my BH ... as opening loops become a challenge.. and error rate in pushes become an issue. also i tend to miss lot of serves playing with very fast rubbers on BH. 

that's why i decided on 2.0 instead of max O4P. 

Just played one night and hardly enough to give an initial opinion. and particularly when all ESn rubbers are at their peak for first 4-5 days. But 

what i gained over thors:
- Improved wrist jerk opening. slightly less spinny but with better control and power.
- Counterlooping confidence .. which was missing in Palio thors. I don't need to punch block from the second loop... i can loop again and again and again on BH. mind it it's never an easy task to consistently BH counter-loop away from table with enough power to threaten or win points,  .... but definitely easier than Thors.

what i lost:
- Extreme ease of opening slow loops against serves and pushes. With thors you can keep the racket angle flat and open loops with accuracy, with vega pro you need to bent and do it banana flick style. first one is easy, but second one is equally effective if done properly. 
- extreme easy drop shots. thor's tackiness allows dropping the ball literally just over the net... i need to be more careful with o4p as it may go long if i use too much sponge. thankfully i ordered 2.0 not max.

what i couldn't adjust to:
- blocks because i am used to block with straight racket face for thors (it gives a very low throw). while the racket angle needs to be adjusted for O4P. all my blocks went long yesterday. but its nothing to do with the rubber. 

What remained unchanged
- hits both are nice.
- serves..- at least with new sheet of O4P, the spin is almost same as tacky thors.
- lobs - both are equally effective

will post updates as i get used to this rubber. i may not be going back to thors BH... 

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic