Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sanwei T88-I Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2012 at 11:37pm
I guess it depends on how you tune.
if you tune with baby oil and glue with water glue then it may even be slower than tenergy by a good margin.
I used to pass a layer of lemon oil, a layer of speed glue, let dry and slap in blade.
that way it was pretty beasty LOL
the good thing about this is that you don't need to prepare your shots that much.
for example in a match to make a loop with andro hexer I need to prepare my arm, give it trajectory, hit it just right.
with my h3 tuned if the ball came uncomfortable I would just make a small movement of the forearm and I would return a decent loop.
that's how you see pros do all those crazy counterloop rallies.
they do play extremely good but if they had an untuned rubber they would play completely different and they wouldn't be able to do those shots they do.
at least that's what I think.

as for the sanwei I'm gonna pass thanks.

Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Is a tuned H3 really that much better than say the Tenergies?  I've never tuned before, but right now my rubber has a huge reverse dome and is having trouble staying on my racket, so I'm considering tuning it just to get it flatter.  I've never tried the Target, but if you're looking for more power it might not be what you're looking for.  From what I've read on Chinese boards it's a bit lacking in that department.  I have an extra T88-I if you wanna try it, I can probably get it to you for $10 shipped(I think shipping is about $5 to south america).

Domino:

You can certainly powerloop with the F3.  I think I underestimated its speed a bit initially, as I was coming off of the extremely fast T-11.  I think it's solidly in the OFF- range.  Compared to my H-WN, which is an OFF blade, it offers pretty similar speed for most shots, I almost don't even have to adjust my stroke when switching to it.

Edited by sa01 - 02/28/2012 at 11:43pm
Sponsored Links

domino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2012 at 6:48am
 is it good for smashing with soft rubber? 

Edited by domino - 03/10/2012 at 1:00am
Blade : 729 Bomb
FH    : 729 Cream Transcend
BH    : DHS Neo Hurricane 3
whitewaterbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewaterbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 1:05pm
I am interested as well.  To make this rubber work like Tenergy 05, do we need to tune it or does it work out of the box?

If we need to tune it, is everyone using lamp oil/parrafin or something else?

cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2012 at 9:21pm
I got a black sheet and a red sheet. The red sheet was basically a T25 clone and weighed 62g uncut.

The black sheet was 84g uncut, and had a super hard sponge and very tacky topsheet. The red and black sheets were completely different rubbers!
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

I got a black sheet and a red sheet. The red sheet was basically a T25 clone and weighed 62g uncut.The black sheet was 84g uncut, and had a super hard sponge and very tacky topsheet. The red and black sheets were completely different rubbers!

Thats just bizarre! 84 grams uncut :-O
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2012 at 1:04pm
Update.

I have had the T88-1 Red 39 degree with Sanwei stamp on the sponge. Needless to say, great stuff, but it's heavy as @#$!%*! LOL 84 grams uncut, about 56 grams cut to Avalox P700.

Then I saw this!!
http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3448

After emailing them back and forth, they said it's lighter. So I ordered a black and red, 39 degree.

Got them on Monday, they both felt light, I immediately take the black one and put on scale. 66 grams, good!Wink
It feels much softer than the original T88-1. The topsheet has strange smell compared to the original one. Very plasticky and "sweet" smell, doesn't smell like rubber at all, very chemically-sweet smell.

Anyhow, I went and did multiballs with it for flat hits, and loops. I noticed that this time I have to swing more upwards and with more force, or the ball won't clear the net. It's pretty tiring. Seems to me that the topsheet is way less grippy to the original one and not as spinny.

With the original one, I can loop heavy underspins easily from multiball and the ball kicks away from the table, but this one, I have to do much more effort just to clear the net Ouch
I don't think it needs to be broken in, the original didn't (since they are more to european rubbers than chinese).

Did anyone try this version too? Please post your findings. I am curious if the red one behaves the same or not...
vali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

I got a black sheet and a red sheet. The red sheet was basically a T25 clone and weighed 62g uncut.The black sheet was 84g uncut, and had a super hard sponge and very tacky topsheet. The red and black sheets were completely different rubbers!

Thats just bizarre! 84 grams uncut :-O

mine was 66 cut .

Also I saw differences between 2 black : one very tacky and hard , another non tacky , softer and springier. Both stamped 39 degrees.

Edited by vali - 11/28/2012 at 6:36pm
Clipper
FH: XIOM Vega Asia , max
BH: Yasaka RAKZA7, 2.0
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2012 at 6:59pm
Do they have "Sanwei stamp" on the sponge?
The one without should be much lighter and softer
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2013 at 5:33pm
Tried T-88-I 39 degrees on Barwell.

Hard feeling, good 'precise' short game, mid-low throw, excellent powerloop against backspin (much better than I expected, feeling is just like 999Nat glued, just a little slower)! Slow loop needs adjustments, you need a long brushing motion dragging the ball, attempts to pull the ball up with shorter and faster swing end up with an almost no-spin ball or go long/ The main drwaback is playing an over-the-table fast topspin hitting the top of the ball, it either drops or goes long because of lack of spin (with H3Neo it is easy to execute, no problem). The topsheet seems to be too hard and inert for such attacks because of its very large pimples.
Is there any Sanwei rubber which has similar sponge and similar topsheet with smaller pimples to maintain this superb short game and to perform a wider variety of topspin attacks, like H3Neo?
T-88-2 or 3, maybe Target Provincial?
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 6:52am
Try the Sanwei Rings Links.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 9:01am
Is Rings Link a tacky rubber or a more euro-style?

Has anyone here tested a T88-II?
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 10:08am
Rings Links is very mildly tacky, certainly not as much a T88-I. After a week or so it plays like a Mark V with a harder sponge.
I have played with T88-II and I would not recommend it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 5:11pm
>>I have played with T88-II and I would not recommend it.
What is so bad in it?

Does it have a sponge similar to T88-I?
Are the pips smaller?
Is it tacky like T88-I or Target?
Is it too slow?
Did you try boosting it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2013 at 6:42pm
Surprisingly, T88-I appeared to suit my BH well, except for its large pips making banana loop too difficult. At mid- and long-range it delivers a good 'punch', you can finish a rally with BH loopkill.

Has anyone tried T88-III or Topspeed on BH? Can it perform like T88-I but with more spinny over-the-table loop?
Is T88-III sponge similar to T88-I?

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 05/30/2013 at 6:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic