Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Coppa x3 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Coppa x3 Review
    Posted: 02/14/2012 at 10:25am

I've been using Donic Coppa x3 on my back hand for about two years now.  I feel that my back hand is very adequate and is one of my better shots.  So I feel obligated in a way to write my very first review ever on rubber. So bare with me!

On defence
Defence is pretty effortless, I find myself blocking the ball from all lengths away from the table.  Whether or not I'm up close and someone smashes or loops the ball I find that the coppa x3 can put back a quick low ball.

Or if I'm way off the table it handles loops and drives very well, I rarely ever have to hit the ball back but more placing the racket in a position where it utilizes the balls spin to put a great ball back every time.

On Offense
This is where I feel the rubber thrives.  Even though this is not the spin version as its brother version of the acuda s3 it still does a great job with pushing and looping and putting effective spin on the ball.

Smashing! The back hand smash with this rubber I feel is as accurate as they come.  I usually load up and lock my elbow and when the ball is in my area of smash I just unload. 

In 6 years of play I don't think I've ever played with a rubber that is consistant and is accurate as the coppa x3.  Often times when someone gives me a deep back spin ball I'm able to just smash through it and give an unreturnable ball.

Overall
This rubber is a very a forgiving rubber. Meaning that if you're like me and don't have hours to practice everyday to have the perfect shot then this rubber will help you land more shots on the table without having the perfect mechanics or perfect footwork to do so. (Just don't get to lazy with it)

This rubber's offense capabilities I feel are right up there, I've had peole who are 1500+ struggle with my back hand and have them tell me that it's one of my best shots.  I don't think I'll ever grow out of it haha. 

If you have any more questions about this rubber feel free to respond to the post.

If you feel that this is a horrible review and have words of encouragement on how to write a better review please also let me know! 

Hope this helps!
Xiom Europe Vegas|FH Tenergy 05|BH:Tenergy 05FX|
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 1:23pm
Great review, many thanks!

What would you say the main differences are between S3 and X3 ?
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Great review, many thanks!

What would you say the main differences are between S3 and X3 ?

The main differnece between my S3 and X3 is the spin. I feel that my FH loops have way more of an arc than my back hand.. It also is a little more bouncy.  So I tend to loop with my FH to set up either a kill for my BH or another loop or smash for my FH.

The S3 seems to be equal to even more forgiving than the x3 in my opinion.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 1:56pm
So X3 has a lower throw and a touch less bounciness?

I WANT ONE.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 2:53pm
IMO, the bounciness is also related to blade to which this rubber is attached. I haven't tried it on Appelgreen All play but in my WSC blade X3 Silver was as bouncy as S3 and i thought the sponge was softer than S3. 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 3:41pm
Very true right2.. as a wise man once told me

The blade is 75% of the play
And the rubber is 25% of the play.

I've tried the s3 on a couple of blades, and the coppa x3 on 3 blades so far in my experience the s3 is by far way more bouncier than the x3.. From what I've played on anyways.
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 8:15am
If I am not mistaken, the X3 is the new name for Coppa Jo Silver? If so, I've used it under the Silver name for quite a bit. It strives on exactly what you describe - easy block, easy offensive return of an underspin ball. I switched from Silver due to durability? How is durability on X3? I am not sure if its the same rubber anymore.

Back to table tennis...
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 8:24am
You are right, Coppa X3 Silver is not the same with Coppa JO Silver.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Leshxa Leshxa wrote:

If I am not mistaken, the X3 is the new name for Coppa Jo Silver? If so, I've used it under the Silver name for quite a bit. It strives on exactly what you describe - easy block, easy offensive return of an underspin ball. I switched from Silver due to durability? How is durability on X3? I am not sure if its the same rubber anymore.

Yes the coppa X series (X3, X2, X1 & X1t) are the FD3 versions (latest tensors) of the jo copper series. I use a 1.8mm X1 on my backhand and it does everything well... Blocks, pushes, flips, loops are all good and it smashes very well. It is less sensitive to spin than the acuda series but usually produces less too (for the same stroke). I however have started playing with an X3 on my FH of my practice blade and am hitting better with it than my usual S3. I also find that due to it lack of sensitivity to spin (vs acuda) I am able to go for more of a shot vs the S3. This means pushes are played with more brush, or hit even shorter, blocks go in easier, and loops can be hit a little quicker without worrying about making an error. I am even tempted to try it in max which I am usually scared of.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 2:04pm

I'm averaging about 200-400 hours per sheet of rubber. But then again I am a poor college student and can't replace my rubber sooner :)

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2012 at 1:53am
Originally posted by ri0t1 ri0t1 wrote:

I'm averaging about 200-400 hours per sheet of rubber. But then again I am a poor college student and can't replace my rubber sooner :)

Would you be able to make a judgement on how does X3 perform in BH Open brush loop return on underspin spin serve  , I am guessing since it possibly isn't loaded with spin it can be easily smashed back if not placed efficiently ?
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2012 at 6:16am
Would you be able to make a judgement on how does X3 perform in BH Open brush loop return on underspin spin serve  , I am guessing since it possibly isn't loaded with spin it can be easily smashed back if not placed efficiently ?

I've played with this rubber for over a year now, it looks almost as good as the day I bought it, just normal wear and tear i.e chips and what not on the edge of paddle.   And just finger marks from where my fingers move to serve.  

Other than that I don't see any difference in how much I load up with a BH open brush loop return from a underspin spin serve.  It's actually one of my favorite to open with if the ball is back far enough for me to do the shot, because it makes it very difficult for my appointment's to return.  The rubber allow's me to put the ball where I want as well. So that makes it even more dangerous. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by ri0t1 ri0t1 wrote:

I've played with this rubber for over a year now, it looks almost as good as the day I bought it, just normal wear and tear i.e chips and what not on the edge of paddle.   And just finger marks from where my fingers move to serve.  

Other than that I don't see any difference in how much I load up with a BH open brush loop return from a underspin spin serve.  It's actually one of my favorite to open with if the ball is back far enough for me to do the shot, because it makes it very difficult for my appointment's to return.  The rubber allow's me to put the ball where I want as well. So that makes it even more dangerous. 
Good to know ri0t1, i have mine coming in a few weeks in 2.0 Red and since i play with an all wood too currently was curious.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic