FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Sigma II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

believe andysmith, I have only tried m2 for 10 seconds.
Anyway, they should be very close in hardness. 
for comparison, sigma europe is much harder than coppa x2. at first it seemed too hard to me for backhand, but it isn't. 

No, I think seguso has it right. I think my initial comparison was more wishful thinking. S2E is very close to M2 - topsheet looks identical, sponge is less porous but feels softer to the touch in some way.

A revised list:

M3 < S2E < S1E = M2

M3 is the softer of the bunch, the other three are very, very close.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 2:33pm
Thanks a lot for the clarification. This comparison seems to make more sense to me. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2012 at 2:02pm
1st time using Sigma II Pro, was for about 1.5 hours,
blocking for my players and using it to feed multi ball
the weight really hurt my hands and require getting used to the heavier setup.
blocking was very easy

2nd time 4 hours.
Did an hour of block, about 2 hours of multiball feeding and 1 hour of match play drills and some matches at the end.

Indeed a very fast and hard rubber.
It feels like my H3 with speed glue - I love it!!
was easy for me to get used to the hard sponge, and very easy on the short game and short spinny services
However I still couldn't generate nice fast serves (still need to get used to the new setup)
Very easy to block and the top spin was more powerful than Rakza 7 Soft, very simliar to my speed glued H3 (years ago) - I do have a Chinese footwork + fh.

So far I am quite impress with Xiom Sigma II,
I tried Tenergy 64 before and was thinking of going for that. I think Sigma II was a good choice.
Will continue to use it more.

Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 5:32pm
I have played with the rubber for 3 weeks in my BH now and I am liking it more and more. I used to play with T64, but sometimes I struggled with short returns with it. Here I find Sigma II euro less responsive for incoming spin and making the first attack is easy. The Sigma II Euro is a medium-hard rubber that is fast with a low throw angle. Tons of control with this rubber and maybe what I have been searching for in a while.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 8:42pm
By any chance have you measured the weight of your Sigma2€ ? My Sigma 2Pro was 72g uncut. One thing which surprises me is that everyone here says that it's a low throw rubber, but on my Amultart the S2P plays with rather high arc, higher than T64 anyway

Edited by Kolev - 12/21/2012 at 8:47pm
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 12:20am
Can anyone outline the major differences between sigma pro and euro II?
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2013 at 7:47pm
How S2€, compared to tenergy 64? Can someone make a detailed comparison please?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2013 at 10:13pm
Great feedback ZApenholder.Clap Love the pictures too, the package and uncut rubber looks awesome!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2013 at 2:25am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

How S2€, compared to tenergy 64? Can someone make a detailed comparison please?

Xiom claims this is the "fastest" rubber, even faster than T64
I think it is true.

S2P is harder than T64
I have not tried S2E yet, but as we know Euro is softer than Pro.

Yesterday a T64 user tried my setup and is keen to change from T64 to S2P, as he feels T64 is too soft and he wants something harder.
His shots was also faster too.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2013 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Benigma Benigma wrote:

Can anyone outline the major differences between sigma pro and euro II?

On the packaging, S2P is clost to table, where by S2E is Mid distance

Euro has softer sponge

Edited by ZApenholder - 01/04/2013 at 2:27am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2013 at 2:29am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Great feedback ZApenholder.Clap Love the pictures too, the package and uncut rubber looks awesome!

Thanks Haggisv,

but my "feedback" is still amateur, compared to your reviews and all other super reviews on the forums.

I must say Xiom did impress me, not just on the table, but how they market - ie the Xiom Sigma Video is also impressive.
A friend of mine get the V1 blade and is loving it too (for a fraction of the price compared to one of the Japanese companies)
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 7:22pm
Whats update with this rubber? i figured some of my club members are playing with it since tabletennisonly started selling it. 

How does it compare with Tibhar Evolution MX-P ??
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2013 at 12:18pm
I've been using Sigma I europe for about 6 months now and the topsheet is like new. I played about 6 hours a week. I think it has one of the most durable topsheet. It's worthing every cent you pay for it.
I want to buy a pair of T05 FX but now that Simga 2 is on the market is hard for me to decide Confused
I strongly recommned this rubber. Price/quality is unbeatable!
former tester and collector, now just player
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic