FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku H3 Pro.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku H3 Pro.
    Posted: 12/11/2012 at 11:18pm
Despite many hits via Google search, there is really very little info about this rubber out there (at least as far as I could gather). So I decided to get a couple sheets of it. I haven't played with it yet but I plan to soon and do a review. For now...

I got it from iruiru.com, though there may be other places to get it. It cost roughly $45/sheet there. 

The good:

- The top sheet is very nice, very uniform, mildly tacky, with a slight matte finish. 

- The sponge seems quite a bit more lively than, for example, the Neo rubbers.

- I bought two sheets to see if I could get a slight indication of the consistency across sheets and I can say that at least these two sheets are identical in their quality and characteristics.  

- The hardness is marked as a 39 (+/- 2). This is good because I'd heard indications that this was a softer rubber. 39 isn't terribly soft, IMO. 

The "just okay":

- This is a #20 sponge (see pics below), which essentially means it was meant to be speed glued or boosted. I've glued it "as is" with WBG just to see what it does on its own. It may turn out that it needs to be boosted but we'll see. 

- The hardness is marked as a 39. I know, I said this was "good" and it is in the sense that it's not 38 or 37. But I'd prefer 40. Not a big deal though (as long as the +/- 2 isn't truly that variable Shocked). If it feels too soft I can add a few layers of some WBG.

General observations: 

- The top sheet actually includes the Nittaku label as well as the word "Pro" written on it. This obviously suggests the rubber was made just for Nittaku. However, the sheet also says "Made in China" on it, as opposed to "Made in Japan". But it does have the J.T.T.A. stamp on it and not the C.T.T.A. (You can see all this below.) I'm not sure what any of this portends, if anything. Wink

- The rubber is fairly light for a hard, tacky Chinese rubber. I weighed it with the plastic protection sheet still on and it only came to 56g. This is uncut. I have not yet weighed it cut. 

- The top sheet is beautiful. LOL As I mentioned above, very uniform, slightly matte finish, with medium tack. Nothing like the highly variable and often shiny top sheet you get on regular commercial sheets. I would guess that these sheets are at least provincial quality #20 H3, perhaps approaching national quality (though I've not yet tried national--that's just my guess). 

Here are some pics:

I will add to this review after I've had a chance to play with it. 

Okay, I played with it for a couple hours last night. I am very pleased thus far.

To get it out of the way: I stand by my claim that this rubber is essentially a provincial (or better) quality Hurricane 3 on a #20 sponge. For those who may not know, the #20 sponge is a relic from the days of speed gluing and hence is lacking the factory tuning of the Neo series. It is about 38 to 39degrees hardness and, although I'd prefer a bit harder, this softness is offset by the lively sponge and very supple top sheet.  

Spin: Very, very good. Spin is as good as any Chinese rubber I've played. My training partner is a 1800+ level player and uses LPs on his BH. He still managed to push a few of my serves into the net. Spin on serves is great, though returning didn't seem to be a problem at all due to increased sensitivity. (Or maybe my touch is getting better... one can dream.) Spin on loops is great as well. No complaints from me, and my training partner said my spin was as good as it ever was (I've spent the last couple months going back and forth between Neo TG3 and TopENERGY Soft, so the spin is at least as good as those rubbers). 

Feel: The feel is excellent. Localization of the ball upon contact is great. Better than most Chinese rubbers I've used and nearly as good as Euro/JPN rubbers. Again, I attribute this to a springier sponge and supple top sheet. 

Speed: The speed is good... but not great. Honestly, despite being on a relatively fast 7-ply blade and with my compulsion to hit everything as hard as possible, I will say that this rubber was a bit on the slow side. This should not be terribly surprising coming from a pre-glue-ban rubber. It wasn't terrible and if I were forced to play with this rubber as is then I would be fine. It has excellent control but it does require a more active block. Fortunately I've become better lately at keeping my blocks active so it wasn't a problem. In summary, it isn't "painfully" slow but it isn't anywhere near being a rocket. My training partner mentioned my loops were a little slower than usual, but he wasn't appalled or anything. Smile

Control: More than anything else, control is relative to the player so I won't say much... other than I had no problem controlling this rubber. As mentioned, those lacking in an active block on their forehand may initially put a few balls into the net but other than that this rubber is extremely linear, extremely honest. Don't expect it to do anything for you, but it will do whatever you ask of it. 

Weight: Very light as Chinese rubbers go. This is likely due to the fact that it was meant to be glued/boosted, increasing the speed but also the weight quickly. As mentioned above, the uncut sheet weighed 56 grams. Most rubbers I use weigh that much after they've already been cut to fit the blade. My primary blade that used to have TopENERGY Soft on it (180g) dropped 14g when switching to this Nittaku H3 Pro (total setup now weighs 166g). 

Conclusion: This is a great rubber. It's been a while since I've played with provincial H3 but I would say the Nittaku H3 Pro is easily on par with that and probably of better quality. The only downside is that you have hardness options with provincial and with this Nittaku H3 Pro you are essentially limited to ~39 degrees. For anyone who has a legitimate and reliable source for provincial or national H3 then you may want to stick with that. For anyone else who wants to try a prov/nat version of H3 on a #20 sponge but is too afraid of fakes, this rubber is for you. Not cheap compared to other DHS rubbers ($45) but less expensive than most Euro/JPN rubbers going these days. And Nittaku is reliable in its QC. A final comment: I will likely stick with this rubber for a while... but I will confess that I plan to experiment with a layer or two of Seamoon booster to give the rubber a little extra kick. I can comment on that after I've done so, if anyone is interested.

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 12/13/2012 at 5:58pm
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Sponsored Links

qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2012 at 11:23pm
Hot.
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2012 at 11:24pm
noodz pls
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2012 at 11:25pm
mmm old stock topsheet.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

noodz pls

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 12/11/2012 at 11:37pm
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2012 at 11:28pm
HAWT.

Edited by qynthnghm - 12/11/2012 at 11:37pm
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 5:06pm
Is that sponge as hard . . . as I am?

Edited by qynthnghm - 12/12/2012 at 5:07pm
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 6:34pm

qynthnghm

What are you doing

qynthnghm

Stahp
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

qynthnghm

What are you doing

qynthnghm

Stahp

lul, okay.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 7:58pm

qynthnghm

What are you doing

qynthnghm

Stahp

shirazir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirazir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 12:58am

Edited by shirazir - 12/13/2012 at 1:01am
Blade: Galaxy Venus-14

FH: Donic Bluefire M3

BH: Galaxy Moon

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 1:08am

qynthnghm

What are you doing

qynthnghm

Stahp

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 1:16am
The topsheet doesn't have enough logos though.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 1:47am
Less logos more myth.

Did I mention, this topic is too much libidinal?

Edited by Imago - 12/13/2012 at 2:27am
alexfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:22am
--CHINA CLUBS
alexfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:22am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:30am

снова недонес

alexfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:37am
не получилось. я не сильный специалист. если тебе интересно скинь свою электронную почту я вышлю фото
alexfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:40am
мой ниттаку  хуррикан из клуба в китае. скоро получу. цена очень хорошая. 
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:43am

Thank you

Edited by Imago - 12/13/2012 at 2:55am
alexfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:45am
ок
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 3:03am
This has officially become one of the weirdest threads ever.

alexfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 3:09am
Sorry. I switched to the Russian language. I wanted to say that I would rather have nittaku hurrikane 3 of the club in China. there are differences. top softer. if you're interested I can give you an e-mail to send.
your email address?
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Hey, you started it with the picture of that naked man LOL
shirazir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirazir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 7:37am

Blade: Galaxy Venus-14

FH: Donic Bluefire M3

BH: Galaxy Moon

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Benigma Benigma wrote:

Hey, you started it with the picture of that naked man LOL

True. :) It's all good though. I like weird.

I had a chance to play with this rubber a bit, too. I may actually contribute something relevant to TT in this thread at some point...

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 1:30pm

qynthnghm
What are you doing
qynthnghm
Stahp

Her grandpa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-1lao5UUac
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by shirazir shirazir wrote:

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 5:54pm
Updated with review. 

Link here added to keep things weird.

Click at your own risk. (NSFW)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 10:26pm

Updated with review. 

Link here added to keep things weird.

Click at your own risk. (NSFW)

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 12/13/2012 at 10:27pm
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic