Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Playing against national team member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ball_so_hard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ball_so_hard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing against national team member
    Posted: 08/05/2013 at 4:39pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUPxKs7EiVU

I had no chance but this is what it feels like to play against a pro.
Sponsored Links

BizLawProf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BizLawProf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 5:13pm
I can't find a single record of this match @ U.S. Open.  Is this actually the match stated in the title or did Wang play someone other than Tao Wenzhang?

Edited by BizLawProf - 08/05/2013 at 5:26pm
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 5:18pm
You did really well considering the level of the opponent. But, when was Tao a national team member? Are we talking about China?

Edited by The Observer - 08/05/2013 at 5:25pm
ball_so_hard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ball_so_hard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 5:22pm
Well I'm not sure, but he was Zhang Jike's practice partner for a while.
BizLawProf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BizLawProf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 5:27pm
If it really was against Tao and the video's titled correctly, you played a very competitive match.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by BizLawProf BizLawProf wrote:

I can't find a single record of this match @ U.S. Open.  Is this actually the match stated in the title or did Wang play someone other than Tao Wenzhang?
==========================

It was U-21 "Preliminary Round".   (Wang is in position 11, and Tao is in position 12.)

Edited by skip3119 - 08/05/2013 at 6:10pm
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by ball_so_hard ball_so_hard wrote:

Well I'm not sure, but he was Zhang Jike's practice partner for a while.
===================================

Tao Wenzhang is a reserve player of this club, 山东鲁能乒乓球俱乐部.

He doesn't have much chance to play.
I do not know if he is a CNT's B-team member or not.
(Definitely not an A-team member.)

山东鲁能乒乓球俱乐部  ( )

http://www.lntt.cn/portal.php?mod=view&aid=140
skip3119
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 6:30pm
C'mon guys give Allen some credit most of you wouldn't get a single serve back.... The "if it really was Tao" comment is just stupid
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 6:33pm
The club has quite a few very famous players (Men & Women). 
Tao Wenzhang is not a significant player in that particular club, far less so nationally.

Edited by skip3119 - 08/05/2013 at 6:43pm
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by ball_so_hard ball_so_hard wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUPxKs7EiVU

I had no chance but this is what it feels like to play against a pro.
==============================================

Even though you lost the match to the eventual winner of U-21, you did beat Tao pretty bad in the first game.
skip3119
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 9:42pm
Tao has a usatt rating of 2722 and has a win over Eugene Wang at the 2011 Baltimore teams.
who no know go know
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

The club has quite a few very famous players (Men & Women). 
Tao Wenzhang is not a significant player in that particular club, far less so nationally.

Skip you're wrong. Tao is one of the main practice partners to Zhang Jike, and hes the first alternate on the Super League team if something were to happen. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by BizLawProf BizLawProf wrote:

If it really was against Tao

I mean there's pretty clear evidence on the linked video...
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 11:44pm
cmets said:  "Skip you're wrong. Tao is one of the main practice partners to Zhang Jike."
==================================

Well, I rest my case.

*** Just like a couple of years ago, Hu Limei served as Ding Ning's practice partner.

Edited by skip3119 - 08/05/2013 at 11:53pm
skip3119
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 11:52pm

cmets said:  "Skip you're wrong. Tao is one of the main practice partners to Zhang Jike."
==================================

Well, I rest my case.

Please explain how being the main practice partner for the best in the world makes you insignificant at the club level. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:09am
cmets said: "Please explain how being the main practice partner for the best in the world makes you insignificant at the club level."
================================================

So, according to your view, two years or so ago when Hu Limei served as Ding Ning's practice partner, Hu Limei was a significant player.  Limei drew her salary that way because that's her job.  Tao got a similar job now, and draw his salary on it.

Your view is that Limei was a significant player two years or so ago, and Tao is a significant player now.
Your view may very well be right, and may very well be the mainstream view.

*** Don't get me wrong.  I am a penholder and really like how Tao plays.  I have collected all Tao's match videos that are available and plan to carefully study how he plays.  I was among the earliest who searched on Chinese's websites about Tao Wenzhang.  I think I posted about Tao more than anyone else here.  May be I am narrow minded, despite I like how he plays, I don't think Tao is a siginificant player in China (or even in his club).

Edited by skip3119 - 08/06/2013 at 12:55am
skip3119
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:10am

cmets said: "Please explain how being the main practice partner for the best in the world makes you insignificant at the club level."
================================================

So, according to your view, two years or so ago when Hu Limei served as Ding Ning's practice partner, Hu Limei was a significant player.  Limei drew her salary that way because that's her job.  Tao got a similar job now, and draw his salary on it.

Your view is that Limei was a significant player two years or so ago, and Tao is a significant player now.
Your view may very well be right, and may very well be the mainstream view.

Dude go re-read what you said originally lol “Tao Wenzhang is not a significant player in that club"

Edited by cmetsbeltran15 - 08/06/2013 at 12:12am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:37am
Tao Wenzhang is not a significant player in that club"
=============================================

That's my view, you are entitled to your view.
Btw, I have editted my earlier post.  (but after you already posted.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My following comment is something I am not quite so sure.
If you look at the club's site.  It tends to list the player on the decreasing playing levels from left to right, then from first row to second row.
(Above observation is about Major Players, men and women.)

If that scheme is carried over to the back-up players, then Tao may be considered the least capable of the 8 back-up players in their club's view. (I am unsure about this, however.)

PS:  Btw, many of my posts about Tao were in another thread, 2013 US Open Challenge Series.

Edited by skip3119 - 08/06/2013 at 12:52am
skip3119
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 4:46am
Guys, I think you are taking this too seriously.

I'm not very connected with LNTTC, but Li Yang of Guang Dong, he is a bench player in his club - same as Tao Wenzhang.

Li Yang as you guys know, has good wins in the Russian league and through out his career, but in Super League, he is really just a bench warmer, and only used some times to play doubles, and this was before Ovtcharov joined the team

CNT members also consist of practice partners, in other words - you make the national team, and get national colours for the sport, but your role and responsbility is to be a practice partner only.

I am not sure too, but I can find out if Tao Wenzheng is in CNT B or not, but I am pretty sure he is (all super league youngsters are in B team)
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:08am
I have tried and failed to find a Chinese website that will list the current CNT-A and CNT-B members.
skip3119
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:26am
Tao Wenzheng enter CNT B team in 2010
2011 he Join Shangdong LNTTC as Division A player. This year he is still Division A player (not Super League)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:37am
He is from AnHui Province,
Born 21 April 1994
Apparently he first join Shandong in 2008.
Then he was exchange to Qingdao, and was a team mate of Zhou Xin and came back to Shandong in 2011.

gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:51am
A little off topic
but is Qingtao the same as Tsingtao who makes that delicious Chinese beer?
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by gatorling gatorling wrote:

A little off topic
====================================

I think you are right, that's the beer they export to USA, serving in many Chinese restaurants.
--------------------------------

After US Open, RC rated Tao at 2794, #106 in the world.

-------------------------------

ITTF ranked Tao Wenzhang as #425 in the world (August, 2013).

skip3119
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

C'mon guys give Allen some credit most of you wouldn't get a single serve back.... The "if it really was Tao" comment is just stupid

+1 Thumbs Up
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by gatorling gatorling wrote:

A little off topic

Qingtao/Qingdao is the City,
Tsingtao is the company name, in the city - so yes Wink
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

+1 Thumbs Up

I agree,
for a moment I thought Tao was wearing the USA top, in fact more than half the match Allen (USA top) was doing better
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:26pm

Blame the USATT (or the NATT who rates players for the USATT) for the comment about whether this was really Tao.  In their infinite wisdom (likely because the ITTF events didn't collect USATT rating fees), they decided not to rate the US Open matches which were ITTF sanctioned.

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Blame the USATT (or the NATT who rates players for the USATT) for the comment about whether this was really Tao.  In their infinite wisdom (likely because the ITTF events didn't collect USATT rating fees), they decided not to rate the US Open matches which were ITTF sanctioned.

Probably the rating fee reason. I'm gonna blame that comment on the lack of looking at the video and clearly seeing it was Tao Wenzhang though Shocked
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 12:15pm
Allen, very nice play from you. Those sidespin fades are particularly marvelous. And I think you can unleash more lethal backhands than what you currently posses.

Subscribed to your channel. Expecting more videos soon. Tongue
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic