FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xu Xin rpb!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xu Xin rpb!
    Posted: 12/02/2014 at 1:51pm
This is from the chinese nationals...
Man look at where the finger mark is… which leaves him at best like 2-3 inches for his rpb stroke!!!  
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Sponsored Links

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 2:20pm
Hahaha damn that's nuts.  No wonder his BH counter has become godly lately, he's always contacting it near the tip of the blade Clap
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 3:37pm
good find!
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 5:43pm
That's really impressive.  The amount of control required to not hit your fingers is incredible.
DistantStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DistantStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 9:11pm
To be fair if it hit his finger, it wouldn't leave a mark :)
Nittaku Acoustic
Xiom Sigma Euro 2.0
Tibhar Genius Sound 2.0
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by DistantStar DistantStar wrote:

To be fair if it hit his finger, it wouldn't leave a mark :)

I think that mark in the middle is from his fingers, not the ball.

Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 10:45pm
obviously the mark comes from his fingers and not the ball lmao!

The question is here if he does this on porpuse or not. Because if not this gives us a fact about his rubber which wouldn't be boosted then. Why? Because for professional players the boosting effect only last for about 1 week till they feel the differences. And out of 1 week training even every day 10 hours this mark wouldn't come, he would need at least 1 month. Or he does this on porpuse because of better feel or something like this, who knows... 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Butt Stallion Butt Stallion wrote:

obviously the mark comes from his fingers and not the ball lmao!

The question is here if he does this on porpuse or not. Because if not this gives us a fact about his rubber which wouldn't be boosted then. Why? Because for professional players the boosting effect only last for about 1 week till they feel the differences. And out of 1 week training even every day 10 hours this mark wouldn't come, he would need at least 1 month. Or he does this on porpuse because of better feel or something like this, who knows... 

I don't know about that... I am pretty sure XX scratches the bh side like wang hao does!
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 12:29am
Awesome pic, great find.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 8:52am
This is why I like a more curled fingers approach with penhold as one, I can close the face of the blade better on TPB and two, if I decided to hit RPB, you have so much more hitting area... FYI twiddling is easier also with a curled finger approach.

Look how little surface area he has to hit with? Pretty wild.

Edited by suds79 - 12/03/2014 at 8:53am
mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 8:53am
for a bh shot like his,and the small space that he has...great control over his shots

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:03am
Imo the most interesting part on Xu Xin is he is playing a fuc**** 5ply blade and still is capable of playing fast and nice shots! And all the kiddies who aren't even able to play topspins want to play this ALC stuff and shit. Xu Xin is the proof that a 5ply blades can get you anywhere you want and you don't need a ALC super racket blade like Ma Long and the rest... 
mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:15am

Imo the most interesting part on Xu Xin is he is playing a fuc**** 5ply blade and still is capable of playing fast and nice shots! And all the kiddies who aren't even able to play topspins want to play this ALC stuff and shit. Xu Xin is the proof that a 5ply blades can get you anywhere you want and you don't need a ALC super racket blade like Ma Long and the rest... 

good advice for the youngsters
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 1:31pm

5 ply wood blades are no joke for speed haha, especially ones like rosewood, YEO, intensity, etc. that have hard outer wood layers and flex a decent amount.

At the top gear, my YEO trumps any composite blade I've bothered to try (TB ALC, IF ZLC, MLC, TBT5000, and other "speed demons") to my surprise when I returned to it after a big EJ spree.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

5 ply wood blades are no joke for speed haha, especially ones like rosewood, YEO, intensity, etc. that have hard outer wood layers and flex a decent amount.

At the top gear, my YEO trumps any composite blade I've bothered to try (TB ALC, IF ZLC, MLC, TBT5000, and other "speed demons") to my surprise when I returned to it after a big EJ spree.

But i really wonder if XX is going to switch to a composite blade… he hasn't played well since the ball switch and i think it can be attributed to the lost of spin and speed but mainly speed!! 

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 4:42pm
I think if he changes anything, it may be his playstyle.  We already saw him developing a more aggressive at-the-table game, especially with his now developed backhand counter as opposed to trying to forehand everything away from the table with good effect.  It's more likely that he'll be forced to stay closer to the table more to capitalize on the power he already has.

However, I remember reading in an interview he had switched to Intensity from Rosewood to slow his shots down in exchange for more spin and arc - perhaps he'll switch back if speed is a problem now?  Or perhaps he'll opt for softer outer-ply blades like koto or limba which most of the CNT seems to be using?

Dynasty / H3 / H3
reflecx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reflecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:18pm

Requirements for RPB blades are different from shakehand blades. You will find most RPB players using 5 ply wood blades.
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by reflecx reflecx wrote:

Requirements for RPB blades are different from shakehand blades. You will find most RPB players using 5 ply wood blades.

Whether you play 5 ply or ALC being an RPB player, if you dont have correct tehcnique the blade offers absolutely nothing. Thats something most people are unable to understand . There arent many rpb players out there so you cant know that for a fact. XX also played equally good with a 7ply blade so its not a matter of rpb or blade. Its 95 % matter of technique, the correct blade/rubber just magnifies the effect
my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 1:39pm
When I play with penhold, I have the same grip as Xu Xin, not intentionally though. For some reason, it feels more comfortable when using RPB compared curled fingers. But boy, I hit my fingers every so often, it can be quite frustrating. 
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

Originally posted by reflecx reflecx wrote:

Whether you play 5 ply or ALC being an RPB player, if you dont have correct tehcnique the blade offers absolutely nothing. Thats something most people are unable to understand . There arent many rpb players out there so you cant know that for a fact. XX also played equally good with a 7ply blade so its not a matter of rpb or blade. Its 95 % matter of technique, the correct blade/rubber just magnifies the effect

What 7ply blade has xx played with?
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 10:57am
Posterboy for Stiga doesn't use Stiga rubbers??
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by pdotec pdotec wrote:

Posterboy for Stiga doesn't use Stiga rubbers??

STIGA is more famous for their blades anyways
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

When I play with penhold, I have the same grip as Xu Xin, not intentionally though. For some reason, it feels more comfortable when using RPB compared curled fingers. But boy, I hit my fingers every so often, it can be quite frustrating. 

It's harder to control blade angle with curled fingers during rpb...

I think for regular players the size of normal pH blades are just fine... With Xx I think he has huge hands with long fingers... I wonder why he doesn't use an oversized blade like wh does?
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

It's harder to control blade angle with curled fingers during rpb...

I think for regular players the size of normal pH blades are just fine... With Xx I think he has huge hands with long fingers... I wonder why he doesn't use an oversized blade like wh does?

Never heard from WH but XX did mention that his blade is custom made bigger than normal because his hands are big. Probably biggest in CNT.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 7:41pm
Xu Xin never played a 7ply blade or lets say we never seen official using one. What he does in private, who knows ;)

Edited by Butt Stallion - 12/05/2014 at 7:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic